My method for battery rotation in a dual battery mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

shangula

ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2014
British Columbia
So, everyone who uses dual battery mods is well aware of battery marriage (charging/and discharging together) But, there's varying opinions on if the batteries need to be switched from left to right and right to left each time they're fully charged and put back into the mod. Some people just shuffle them randomly in their hands and it will sort of even itself out 50/50

This is my method that, if followed right, guarantees a left/right switch every time.

I currently use 4 (2 married pairs) of HG2s in my Kbox 120. When I slide the battery cover off my mod I take note of left/right, I then place the left battery from the mod in the right Slot on my charger, and the battery in the right slot in the mod into the left slot on the charger. (Confused yet?)

When they are done charging, I take the batteries off the charger, and place the battery that was in the left slot in the left slot of a plastic battery, case, and the battery in the right slot of the charger in the right slot of the case. I have taken a jiffy marker and wrote "L/R" at the top of the case, as well on the end just in case.

This is a simple method that if you don't 'mess up' will always assure you are rotating left to right.

Thanks for reading.

GusG

Mar 29, 2016
Nice method @shangula . And @TheWireAndWickPodcast, I have a method for the Reuleaux.

What I do is that I visualize the batteries from the top. As if you were looking at the mod into your drip tip. Looking at them that way, they form a triangle of sorts. What I do is that every time i charge the batteries, I rotate that triangle clockwise. Obviously turning each battery to it's respective polarity. That way I have always had a stable discharge on my three married batteries in my RX200.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread