My "Mocha" only daily vape for 3 years

Status
Not open for further replies.

madmaveric

Apr 27, 2014
United Kingdom
It's been a while since I was last on here but with all the help I gained when starting out I thought it was time to give something back.

Since starting I tried all sorts of mixing and after about three months work I came up with the only liquid I have vaped since (3 years now). I wanted a weak coffee type liquid that I wouldn't get sick of after a few hours (something I find with most flavours, I love them for a while then it gets a bit much).

The original recipe I came up with was for a daily vape with a mocha is taste but with a bit of added kick. Currently I leave out the water/vodka and saline as I ran out and it still works without it so I stopped putting it in to make it simpler to mix :D

HTML:
Ingredient            %                ml for 100 ml mix
-------------------------------------------------------
Nic                   4mg (5.56%)      5.56 ml
FA Coffee Espresso    5%               5 ml
FA Creme Fresh        2%               2 ml
FA Chocolate          2%               2 ml
FA Menthol Arctic     4%               4 ml
PG/VG for the rest as required.        fill to 100ml

Optional extras in the original mix(I don't add these now but put them in just for completeness):
-----------------
Water/Vodka @ 4.5%
Saline @ 0.5%

The water/vodka/saline was initially added to avoid dryness and add a kick for the "hit".
The Menthol Arctic gives the additional "Hit" now and with my current coils I'm full VG to try and stop the leaks :S
The 5.56% nic is due to strength of my Nic base (72mg/7.2%) , you will need to adjust your nic just accordingly.

Usage
I have only vaped this for nearly 3 years now, basically I chain vape using a cleito tank, o.4 coils, at ~35-40W depending on the age of the coil, so far I haven't got sick of the taste.
It's not for everyone but works for me. The only changes I have made is the nic strength for the last year or two and changing from PV/VG mix to pure VG.

Mixing.
hqdefault.jpg

I mix using a 100ml graduated tube (seen above), it makes for very quick mixing as I just pour in the percentages, top up with PG/VG and I'm done (if doing 100ml). I no longer steep the liquid as I'm normally topping up my 500ml storage vessel and it stands for a day or so before I then add it to my carry/topup bottle
I did make a video of my mixing technique back in 2015 but I won't post it as I wasn't wearing gloves at the time and I don't want to encourage others to not wear them.

I only use the flavour art concentrates as they seem to be the best (in terms of purity and concentration) but they are a bit expensive compared to others. If you try other brands you will need to adjusts the percentages a bit.

madmaveric

Apr 27, 2014
United Kingdom
I am happy that I'm not craving cigs and getting fed up with different juices all the time lol.

TBH I really don't notice the taste that much now, a bit like smoking where you don't even realise your doing it (I had been known to light a cig up when I still had half one in the ashtray that I hadn't realised I'd lit lol).

It might be horrible and my tastebuds have just got used to it lol. I vape for the nicotine rather than anything else but I tried no flavour vaping and it didn't work.
One day I might get round to a flavourless liquid (to save money on the flavours), need to find a cheap and safe 'kick' to put in for that though. ie a 3 part 'VG+Nic+Kick' mix :D
That way there isn't anything to get fed up with and send me off to find another juice lol.
I'll call it the 'Stealth Juice"

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Thanks for sharing your recipe I actually like mocha and may try it sometime.

LOL, you are like me and Diet Pepsi "So happy together." I played that song at my first wedding and it was NOT predictive, and also ruined the song, almost. LOL. I have a better relationship with diet pepsi than the ex (although they were both bad for me LOL).

Anna

Reactions: puffon

charlie1465

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2014
Roquebrune sur Argens, Var, France
I only use the flavour art concentrates as they seem to be the best (in terms of purity and concentration) but they are a bit expensive compared to others.

I've just started DIY and I was wondering the same thing. I've kicked off with mainly FA stock and thought to myself that there has got to be a way of mixing any recipe using only FA. Certainly would make life easier.

NatashaTMT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2018
Nashville, TN
I've just started DIY and I was wondering the same thing. I've kicked off with mainly FA stock and thought to myself that there has got to be a way of mixing any recipe using only FA. Certainly would make life easier.
Sure there is. Basically, it’s your DIY journey and you can do anything you wish. I’ve seen quite a few all FA mixes. As with all brands, they have their great flavors also. One brand might have the best type of one flavor for one person but another brand for another and so on. When I first started DIY I didn’t realise I’d need the same flavor from different brands for layering or building that flavor the way I wanted, as they’re all different. Though sometimes you can build a flavor profile the way you want it within a brand. Strawberry for example: FA has two which are often used together for a well rounded strawberry... strawberry aka red touch (white or unripe part) & juicy strawberry (ripe part). Also, I got caught up for a bit trying to purchase all the flavors to follow recipes, when I wasn’t writing my own. You can easily sub other flavor brands called for with FA, if you so desire. Just be aware that all flavors aren’t of equal strength and adjust percentages accordingly. Look at recommended starting percentages. At ATF & ELR you can view median mixing percentages in both a mix or a stand alone. Read the reviews or notes also. These will help until you learn for yourself. So, you can absolutely mix with all FA flavors if you so desire. Many people only mix using one brand. Another benefit of DIY:)

Last edited:

charlie1465

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2014
Roquebrune sur Argens, Var, France
Sure there is. Basically, it’s your DIY journey and you can do anything you wish. I’ve seen quite a few all FA mixes. As with all brands, they have their great flavors also. One brand might have the best type of one flavor for one person but another brand for another and so on. When I first started DIY I didn’t realise I’d need the same flavor from different brands for layering or building that flavor the way I wanted, as they’re all different. Though sometimes you can build a flavor profile the way you want it within a brand. Strawberry for example: FA has two which are often used together for a well rounded strawberry... strawberry aka red touch (white or unripe part) & juicy strawberry (ripe part). Also, I got caught up for a bit trying to purchase all the flavors to follow recipes, when I wasn’t writing my own. You can easily sub other flavor brands called for with FA, if you so desire. Just be aware that all flavors aren’t of equal strength and adjust percentages accordingly. Look at recommended starting percentages. At ATF & ELR you can view median mixing percentages in both a mix or a stand alone. Read the reviews or notes also. These will help until you learn for yourself. So, you can absolutely mix with all FA flavors if you so desire. Many people only mix using one brand. Another benefit of DIY:)
Yes thanks....my only caveat would be the problem flavours such as fading fruits and in this case the judicious purchasing of some other recommended brands might be needed. Lemon as an example where the FA offerings seem to fade too much and research suggests lemon such as the flavour express hangs around longer. I think I may stick with FA to build up a full compliment of flavours and then supplement with the few others as needed. Also as you say the flavour combinations.

Look out for my 6 weekly steep review and taste test regarding an adapted mother milk clone!!:D

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
Wow, I used the Espresso at 2% and am cutting it to 1%. And 4% menthol!!!

Mine first try was:
Coffee Espresso FA 2%
Irish Cream FA 2%
Chocolate FA 2%

Couldn't taste anything but the espresso so I added Cream Fresh 1% which helped but next time I'll cut the Espresso to 1% and probably increase the chocolate.

NatashaTMT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2018
Nashville, TN
Yes thanks....my only caveat would be the problem flavours such as fading fruits and in this case the judicious purchasing of some other recommended brands might be needed. Lemon as an example where the FA offerings seem to fade too much and research suggests lemon such as the flavour express hangs around longer. I think I may stick with FA to build up a full compliment of flavours and then supplement with the few others as needed. Also as you say the flavour combinations.

Look out for my 6 weekly steep review and taste test regarding an adapted mother milk clone!!:D
Sounds like a great idea to me, especially if you already know you like FA:thumb: I know I usually do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread