My mod never leaves my hand

Status
Not open for further replies.

ESPtheV

Feb 10, 2014
Texas, USA
My wife just brought to my attention that I vape way more than I smoked. It's true! It seems like I always have my mod either in my hand or no more than 2 feet away from me at any given time.

It's been a little over 2 months since I've had an analog so I'm fairly new to vaping, but I was wondering if anyone else never lets go of their mod like me. Am I overdoing it?

xanderxman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2012
Ptown, VA
My mod is in my hand or I am asleep. You are not over doing it. If it keeps you from smoking then it is working.

I haven't smoked in over 18 months and I now have a mod sewn to my hand when I am awake. I love it and so does my family. My wife prefers the smell of fresh baked cookies over burned tobacco any day. :D

DetraMental

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2013
United States
It is very normal to vape constantly in the beginning. I know I did. I kept my pv/e-cig in my hand nearly 24/7 and never out of my sight. You'll slow down eventually. Nicotine is absorbed differently vaping than it was smoking, it takes longer. You'll get the same nic level in your blood via vaping in 35 minutes that you would from a cigarette which delivers nicotine within 5 minutes. At least this is what I read in the study I have posted in my blog if you care to read it. :) No worries, you are doing what most of us do or have done. Happy vaping!

Hypatia

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2013
Titletown, USA
I'm 3 months in, and unless I'm out of the house, my vape is almost always in hand. At the very least it is within arm's reach. Yeah, I vape a lot. Still beats smoking.

I think those lanyards for around your neck are useless. I need to design some sort of mitt that affixes my Reo to my hand instead. Much more useful :laugh:.

Steelgirl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Houston, Tx
And it's in your hand... Not between your fingers. I thought that would have been tough getting used to not having an analog between my fingers. Weird how easily I got away from that. I didn't walk around with that fantom analog between my first and second finger..
Yes to keeping your device sewn to your hand !!

2naphish

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2013
the boro, Tennessee
i still feel the same panic if my vape isn't working right or low batteries or have less than a weeks supply of juice. just like when i smoked and realized i would come up 2 cigs short before getting off work and have to drive like mad to the first store . i guess i am hopelessly addicted to something. this so much better for me! i can't believe the difference in my health and attitude.

now i am in the habit of carrying 3 mods, a couple of extra batteries and plenty of juice when i leave the house and am proud of my addiction... best of luck with yours <*}}}>{

MotherNatural

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I quit smoking because I had one burning in the ashtray all day and just couldn't stand all that smoke floating around. I only took a couple of drags off of each analog but then it sat there spewing out nasty smoke until it went out. Then I lit another one and put it in the ashtray to burn. Gross. My nose burned, sinuses were inflamed and everything I owned reeked. Yes, my mod is in my hand all day. Being only 34 days in…today I don't care. It's so very much nicer than all that noxious smoke rolling around my house, car, and body. And so much nicer to have it there at the ready to grab a few quick vapes rather than having one smolder in the ashtray just in case I wanted a drag. One day I hope to be able to put it down. But that's not today. Yet.

Saganite

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 25, 2014
Fort Collins, CO, USA
What I eventually did was limit myself in the house to vaping in my office. Granted, I work from home so spend all day most okays in my office but it does create time each day when I'm not vaping since if I'm in my office and not typing, it's in my hand.

That said, I wouldn't worry about it in the beginning. Whatever keeps you off the analogs at first.

i still feel the same panic if my vape isn't working right or low batteries or have less than a weeks supply of juice. just like when i smoked and realized i would come up 2 cigs short before getting off work and have to drive like mad to the first store . i guess i am hopelessly addicted to something. this so much better for me! i can't believe the difference in my health and attitude.

now i am in the habit of carrying 3 mods, a couple of extra batteries and plenty of juice when i leave the house and am proud of my addiction... best of luck with yours <*}}}>{

This is exactly how I feel. I am slowly getting more and more juice(months worth) and always keep 2-4 tanks on me along with 2vw mods and an extra battery. Hard to bum a vape, so I keep myself stocked incase something dies/breaks.

On topic, I vape alot more than I smoked, but I feel that it is fine because I haven't had a smoke in almost a month :). If it keeps you from smoking than vape on :vapor:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread