Not open for further replies.

BernieVideo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
NoHo El Lay CA
Hello Kiddies,

Just got back from 3.5 hours at ECC. This was my first Vape Convention. (naturally, because I have only been vaping 51 days)

Not knowing how it compares to other similar events, I can't rate it.

I got there about 45 minutes after the door were supposed to be open, and they were closed!
The line for Pre-Registered visitors was short, but the line to get in the door was HUGE! At least 400 people were in a long winding line. Just as I got my pass, lanyard and swag bag, the doors opened. I went to the bathroom, and when I came out, I strolled into the hall.

As I approached the first vendor stall I recognized Phil Busardo. People were getting their photos taken with him. I waited a bit and went over and thanked him for his video and shook his hand.

For a relative Noob like me, it was a bit overwhelming. So I decided to wander all the isles, get a lay of the land, and eyeball the booth babes :)

From my perspective, the vast majority of booths were juice Vendors. At least 30, maybe more. I only recognized 3 from juices I have been buying at B&Ms.
There were many many Mod booths of all types. (I guess, because again, I don't know much about most mods, and I am not really in the market for one) There were a few speciality booths, like for bottles, and mod stands, and DIY Liquid.

My aim going in there was to find good deals on carto tanks and juice, and I did find that. Not fantastic, amazing, unbelievable deals, but decent discounts.

I was expecting more freebies. Drip tips at least, but the only free thing I found was Space Jam juice was giving out free 30Mil bottles , which is pretty freaking cool.

I got a few juices at $5 each, a 3 for $25 deal, and several at $10 ea.

Here was my haul. For around $110 I got 3 Pyrex carto tanks and 8 bottles of juice. Decent deal.

I am glad I went.

Haul 2.jpg

90quattrocoupe

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 20, 2013
Long Beach, CA
I went today also. When I left you could not see the ceiling in the hall for all the vapor. Yea, nice seeing Phil Busardo there. I thanked him for helping to get me off cigs. I bet is shaking hand is sore. I watched him for a few minutes, and he was kind and nice to everyone who approached him. Nice man.

Greg W.

SmellYaLaterCigs

ECF Veteran
Aug 8, 2013
United States
Nice report!

I was there as well. I didn't know what to expect but there were way more vendors there than I would have guessed and way more visitors too!

It was really fun going around trying new flavors and looking at new products, the free juice samples didn't hurt either!

Hopefully the next one comes around soon!

SmellYaLaterCigs

ECF Veteran
Aug 8, 2013
United States
I don't really understand why people go to these things. You mentioned the possibility of samples, but certainly there's an entry fee, so that's probably a wash. I've been to a couple auto shows and they were okay. Been to trade shows, and they weren't very exciting. Is it just "something to do" on a Saturday?

It was free if you pre-registered ($5 at the door) and I got ~100ml of free juice. It was a blast!

BernieVideo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
NoHo El Lay CA
Oooh, I like that tank in the middle!

I liked the way it looks too.

Unfortunately. That one tank is not very good. It uses grommets instead of end caps and orings. It leaks and floods, so far. Maybe I need to fiddle with it more. Or try and exchange it.

Tapatalking on iPhone.
Join the CASAA.
Protect your Vaping Rights!

DeanRendar

Verified Member
Mar 1, 2010
SoCal
You mentioned the possibility of samples, but certainly there's an entry fee, so that's probably a wash.

Maybe its a just a SoCal thing, but I never recalled juice getting this airborne.

Coming in at 2 pm to pay $5 at the entry door that had zero people in line and got me 75ml ejuice, micro usb charge cable, deer antler complete auto battery ecig, and a souvenir rope bag. My first vape convention and I feel it provided adequate SWAG (Stuff We All Get). I feel for ECC being the first ever of its kind in Cali, the westcoast vibe was represented loud and proud. Totally Enjoyed the day!

RMwbtUE.jpg

Last edited:

Smokachino

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2009
Texas, USA
I would of loved to gone and meet everyone. Was vaping monkey there? Looks like one of his hats on that flyer.

Whenever I go to a meet I'll be wearing a shirt with a big pic of Butters so people can find me lol.

I'll be looking for you at the Texas Vapor Convention in January, Butters!

MrStik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2013
SoCal
Pre-registered and got in free. Parking was 12 bux, but eh.. No big deal. Went Friday evening and picked up our badges (wife and I). Walked around for a bit and get stuff, and left.

Went back the next day. I was solo so I decided to walk the mile and a half from my place to the convention center. Got great exercise. And it was a warm day, so walking by Disneyland was a bonus with girls in their summer outfits. Anyways, it was obviously more crowded Saturday around noon, but I got in no problem because I already had my badge from the previous day. Got more stuff and was happy overall.

ch2468

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 22, 2012
Ontario
Sweet hauls. I wanted to go to CanVape, but there was some police shooting in Toronto just before that, and I didn't want to get gunned down for pulling out my PV, so I decided against it. :ohmy:

If Toronto doesn't scare me away next year, I'm definitely going to the next CanVape. Can't say no to free juice and swag. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread