My Most Important StockUp Package has been delayed. What to do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ddirtyvapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2011
Portland, ME
I ordered a bunch of 100mg nic from Nude last week. It supposedly shipped out on the 27th, but since then hasn't left San Diego's PO.

According to USPS, I need to wait seven business days until I start a claim. I'm worried about the nicotine sitting in possibly hot places while I wait for someone to find the package, but I also don't expect Nude to replace anything at this point. I mean, idk I'd ever "expect" them to replace something the post office lost until I got some kind of claim filed, I just mean I'm focused on tracking down this package right now.

I know sometimes tracking simply doesn't update but I'm sure it didn't arrive today and it was sent Priority.

My major concern is that the post office realized what was in the package and somehow thought that it was illegal to send; it should not be for the state I'm having it sent to AFAIK.

What should I do? Do I contact Nude now, should I wait until I've spoken to the post office after a few more days? I'm trying to make sure I have stuff in hand before the 8th in case things go belly up quickly. If this were a year ago I'd wait patiently for quite a while longer before I got too worried. It's not a year ago.

TIA

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
I ordered a bunch of 100mg nic from Nude last week. It supposedly shipped out on the 27th, but since then hasn't left San Diego's PO.

According to USPS, I need to wait seven business days until I start a claim. I'm worried about the nicotine sitting in possibly hot places while I wait for someone to find the package, but I also don't expect Nude to replace anything at this point.

TIA

First of all, the receiver cannot file a claim w/USPS. The shipper must do that.

Please ask your vendor to supply you with status.

Just because trackign doesn't show it left San Diego, it doesn't mean it didn't leave San Diego. It means it hasn't been scanned.

I've had packages that have NEVER been scanned reach me ... in the correct time alotted. It happens quite a lot.

You also cannot prove that your vendor shipped on the day they said they did.... often things don't show up on tracking for a day or 2 after

Why aren't you communicating w/your vendor whom you paid for this stuff? I have never had to run around filing usps claims on stuff I paid for My vendors do that. But 99% of the time, if it was determined something was lost, they just sent it to me again.

I suspect your vendor made a shipping notice on the 27th, which doens't mean they actually put it into the stream for sure......so the package was in route for all of 1-2 days before it became the weekend. I guess I don't get why you are worrying when it's only been 5 days (and 1-2 of them packages aren't moving) and you don't even know for sure if your package is sitting around not moving.

If you are worried about stuff sitting around, in the future, ONLY order on Sunday nights or Monday mornings.

Last edited:

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
I'm trying to make sure I have stuff in hand before the 8th in case things go belly up quickly. If this were a year ago I'd wait patiently for quite a while longer before I got too worried.

So you think the USPS is going to literally "shut down" all packages (millions of packages) because of august 8th?

(Where are people getting all this misinformation and paranoia? o_O) "You will not be able to make or sell any new products without approval from the FDA as of August 8th. . Beyond that, vendors will have two years to file their pre-market tobacco applications...."

I suggest you read thru the regs and the staggered deadlines, and also going to assume that your vendor, if they are shipping orders, are fully AWARE of their responsibilities and obligations under the new laws.
Understanding the FDA Compliance Deadlines for e-liquids and e-cigs

Chill. Call vendor. Your package will probably be in your box by the time you are done making the phone call.

Last edited:

mcol

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 5, 2013
Missouri
I think it's way too early to panic. I had NN order ship the 28th,
it took a day to clear San Diego then I didn't get an update on package
till it was in Kansas City. It's on track for delivery today. NOT illegal
to mail the stuff why would the P.O. confiscate? Give it some time,
I'm in the middle of the country and it has a longer way to go to
get to you.

Reactions: Iron Molly

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
So you think the USPS is going to literally "shut down" all packages (millions of packages) because of august 8th?

Might have something to do with being classified as a "tobacco product" and USPS rules about mailing said products. ;)

ddirtyvapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2011
Portland, ME
Interesting, there's a whole lot of wrong assumptions going on in here. Not pointing any fingers....

I have been in touch with NN, who have not responded in days.

The information that I cannot file I claim is wrong.

I am concerned because of what @retired1 says, as well as simply needing nicotine as I'm almost out and ordered when I needed to order.

It's the fact that it's multiple days late now that has me concerned, but either way I paid for Priority service which is not what I got.

I take full responsibility for not specifying that I had already contacted NN, and was asking if there's any sense in contacting them again after a few day delay. I like nude, but they also never responded to an inquiry about their new armor line that was sent in weeks ago, so I don't have a lot of confidence about their replies. This has been longer than I've even said, as first the "your package has been sent" email was sent out a couple of days early, and then the package finally showed up in the USPS system five days ago or whatever.

It is a huge pet peeve of mine when a company only allows for priority packages, and then this happens. I realize USPS is not under control of Nude Nicotine, which is why it's a pet peeve. But I NEVER do priority when I don't have to-- even the few dollars saved is worth it to me right now-- so it is extra steaming when I've paid money I barely have for a service I don't get. Just saying. I realize stuff happens.

ed: I've had to ignore a certain member who I realize is going to get me in trouble if I don't. So, my apologies if I say or ask something that's been addressed in a possibly ignored comment.

Last edited:
Reactions: bnrkwest

Bonskibon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2015
'm worried about the nicotine sitting in possibly hot places while I wait for someone to find the package
I think your nicotine will be just fine. Wait a day or two and see what happens. I have had packages get held up and suddenly appear. Hope you get your stuff soon. :)

ddirtyvapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2011
Portland, ME
Thanks @Bonskibon. I hope so :) There are just other factors that are making me mad about this, notably that I ordered ahead of leaving for a trip and I was so sure it would be here in time. My partner will be at home for a few more days but if it's not here by Friday, it's just gonna sit at the post office for two weeks, who knows in what environment. Hopefully that won't happen. It's just so frustrating. Fortunately I had enough nicotine to make juice for the trip and I still have some at home, but still. Deep breaths and all. This just seems to happen really often from multiple companies, at least to me.

@mcol Good. plan. (seriously.)

ed: and I really wouldn't care that it weren't here if it had been scanned sometime in the last five days.

Bonskibon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2015
Thanks @Bonskibon. I hope so :) There are just other factors that are making me mad about this, notably that I ordered ahead of leaving for a trip and I was so sure it would be here. My partner will be at home for a few more days but if it's not here by Friday, it's just gonna sit at the post office for two weeks, who knows in what environment. Hopefully that won't happen. It's just so frustrating.

@mcol Good. plan. (seriously.)
Understandable. I would be frustrated to.

Reactions: ddirtyvapes

ddirtyvapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2011
Portland, ME
I know these things happen, so I can only stress I'm not trying to be unreasonable. I'm not angry at Nude, or even really the post office. I just don't have my package that I was hoping to have by now, and would like to track it down if I can... which is always a not-fun experience. No one has done anything wrong, other than maybe some random USPS employee who possibly didn't scan my package if it's moved from San Diego. I have little doubt I'll get it eventually, but I really hope we can find it/it arrives before we have to temporarily stop the mail.

I also literally just had a similar problem last week and I'm not looking forward to dealing with it again, but what are you going to do. Being frustrated does not equal being furious, and it will pass. I was just so hoping it would show up today.

I'll call them as soon as I can and see what they say. I can ask my question about the armor line then, too.

Reactions: Bonskibon

Bonskibon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2015
I know these things happen, so I can only stress I'm not trying to be unreasonable. I'm not angry at Nude, or even really the post office. I just don't have my package that I was hoping to have by now, and would like to track it down if I can... which is always a not-fun experience. No one has done anything wrong, other than maybe some random USPS employee who possibly didn't scan my package if it's moved from San Diego. I have little doubt I'll get it eventually, but I really hope we can find it/it arrives before we have to temporarily stop the mail.

But, I'll call them as soon as I can and see what they say. I can ask my question about the armor line then, too.
You don't have to explain yourself. If your concerned then your concerned and that's that. :2c:

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
I have been in touch with NN, who have not responded in days.
That is a vendor I wouldn't deal with anymore. But again, I'm sure they take weekends off, right? So why would you have been calling them on Friday the 29th when your package wasn't even 2 days out yet? And today is Monday August 1st, first day after weekend.

So today would be the first day that you might consider calling NN.

The information that I cannot file I claim is wrong.

this is not directed AT you, I will explain how things are handled at the USPS with regard to claims....both insured and damaged, or not insured and lost, because it may help someone.

DV, the seller holds the receipt for the sent package.

while it is true that either party CAN file a claim typically in business the seller will handle this. The seller is the one who would get the REFUND thru USPS/USP. And they would have to reimburse YOU.

For a damaged package, the USPS and UPS if the buyer can prove the item was damaged needs to file the claim with the insurance number provided by the shipper and photo/describe the damage. USPS and UPS will follow up with both parties involved and refund directly to the sender once the person with the damaged product turns it in for the claim investigation. Some times the carrier determines that the receiver caused the damage or that improper packaging is to blame so not refund is made through the carrier even when insurance was purchased.

If the package doesn't arrive, or is lost, generally in that case the sender reports the lost package with the carrier following up with the receiver. Both parties can certainly report the package missing, if you think it will be found faster that way. :)

(In your case you would just be driving yourself crazy because it's way to early to even be worrying about this IMHO. ) I am going to guess your package will be in your mailbox today or tomorrow if it's not actually lost.

Reactions: ScandaLeX

ddirtyvapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2011
Portland, ME
Well, I appreciate it. I guess my concern reads as sheer panic to some, which I can understand. It has always been my intention to be finished stocking up by August 8th so that everything after that is essentially extra, and this is basically the last piece of it. Should I have ordered a little sooner if that was my goal? Quite possibly, and nothing is saying it won't be here by the 8th like I planned for.

Anywhoo, like I said I really like Nude so I'm sure we can figure something out in the worst case scenario. I've got a while before that happens anyway, and fortunately someone will be home to receive it for another 4-5 days. I'm obviously just kinda hoping it suddenly starts showing movement sometime today or tomorrow or else shows up... I'd really rather not bother Nude again about it if I don't have to, but I suppose it would be good to have some kind of update if nothing changes by midweek, and calling certainly seems to be a better plan than e-mailing in this case.

AzPlumber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2011
Arizona
Priority is 1-3 business days and does not include the time it takes to fill an order. I'm sure nicotine vendors have their hands full right now and a couple days to fill an order is probably on par. If it was received by the post office on the 27th, today would be the third business day.

Reactions: ddirtyvapes

ddirtyvapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2011
Portland, ME
It was early the 27th, does the first day not count as a business day? Wouldn't that make this the 4th business day? And, while I realize Saturday is not traditionally a business day, packages do move and get delivered on Saturdays, at least via USPS.

I guess my only point of this post is that I'm sure Nude does have their hands full now, but this isn't really on them. They sent out the package when I could have reasonably expected it.

Nine times out of ten, when a priority package ships on the 27th (using this as an example), I get it on the 29th or 30th, if not a sunday. So, it's fair that this is really only one day late from what I could have expected. The problem is without any information on the tracking, USPS basically shrugged their shoulders at the moment (I ended up calling them to see if they could see anything I couldn't).

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
Nine times out of ten, when a priority package ships on the 27th (using this as an example), I get it on the 29th or 30th

Did your package actually enter the USPS stream on the 27th, or were you just notified by NN that your order was "shipped" on the 27th?

Usually, when I am notified that my product has "shipped" it means that my package has been filled and sealed, and that a mailing label has been GENERATED by the vendor, awaiting pick up by USPS.

USPS may not actually GET the package until the follow day or so....it really depends on the day your package actually showed up as entering the USPS stream, i.e, "Acceptance" by USPS according to the tracking.

Receiving a "your order has shipped" from the vendor doesn't mean that has happened. :)

Does your tracking specify "Acceptance" by USPS on the 27th?

jackmormon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2013
Does USPS show that they received the package? Reason I ask is I did an order with NN about a month ago and received a UPS shipping notice a couple days after the order. It was another 11 days before the order made it to UPS. They are really busy from the looks of things.

I would suggest calling the number on their website. If you can get Chris he will definitely go above and beyond to help you out. They answer their phones and will take the time to answer questions and have a chat. Nice folks.

Reactions: Racehorse

Vandal

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2009
NE Ohio
Might have something to do with being classified as a "tobacco product" and USPS rules about mailing said products. ;)
Up to this point, shipping restrictions are on cigarettes and smokeless tobacco and not on tobacco products or e-cigarettes, on the federal level anyway.

I might give it a couple of days as shipping status is often deceiving.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread