My New development on Nic addiction

Status
Not open for further replies.

DEVO357

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2012
lost Angeles
Ok over Christmas went to my sister inlaws for a few days & My battery died and my spare went out in about an hour. I wasnt able to vape at all for a day (forgot my charger!) Well something interesting happened, I didnt feel the need to vape or smoke none of the crazy effects like when you havent had a cigarette and would kill for one. I have only been vaping a few months and I am pretty sure I could quit and it wouldnt be a problem at all. Before when I smoked I would get all trippy if I didnt have a smoke in a few hours!
Has anyone else experienced this? I am vaping 18, 12 and sometimes 5mg (depends on the juice) and I think that over all I really dont need it anymore, not that I dont enjoy vaping but it seems I could stop with no side effects.

Bosco

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2012
San Antonio
I've only been vaping for a month but I do notice that I can go longer inbetween vapes than I could cigarettes and the craving is not as bad, either. Anecdotally, I attribute this to the nicotine from vapor hitting me slower than nicotine from cigarettes - thereby weakening the addiction. I don't know if that's because vapor is a less efficient way to absorb nicotine, the amount in e juice is less, or if it's because of something else the tabacco companies put in cigarettes - but that's what it feels like to me.

MikenGA

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2011
Georgia
...Has anyone else experienced this?

YES! Interesting, ain't it?!?!?!?!?

Although nic is addictive (like caffeine and sugar), I'm firmly convinced it's not the nic, but the OTHER STUFF - residuals either present in tobacco, added or created by 'burning' - that cause such a tough addiction to break.

I have gone as low as 0 nic, but find 6mg to be about right to keep me from feeling depressed...and also able to SLEEP AT NIGHT! ;)

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
Yes, many people experience this, and here is why...
Nicotine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Technically, nicotine is not significantly addictive, as nicotine administered alone does not produce significant reinforcing properties. However, after coadministration with an MAOI, such as those found in tobacco, nicotine produces significant behavioral sensitization, a measure of addiction potential.
Tobacco smoke contains the monoamine oxidase inhibitors harman, norharman, anabasine, anatabine, and nornicotine. These compounds significantly decrease MAO activity in smokers. MAO enzymes break down monoaminergic neurotransmitters such as dopamine, norepinephrine, and serotonin. It is thought that the powerful interaction between the MAOI's and the nicotine is responsible for most of the addictive properties of tobacco smoking.

Ansah

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2012
USA
I can say this: When I was a smoker, I always (from day 1 when I was 19) smoked roll-your-own, 100% natural tobacco, and when every once in a while I didn't have my stash and smoked one of the well-known brands of prefab artificial cigs, the effect was "OMG, this stuff is poison!", and so I very seldom did that.

I'm certainly not suggesting that natural tobacco is good for you. I'm just saying that the harmful health consequences of smoking it are of an entirely different order than the consequences of smoking the various inorganic, toxic chemical sticks brought to us over the years by Big Tobacco.

Marvin & Sennie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Ok over Christmas went to my sister inlaws for a few days & My battery died and my spare went out in about an hour. I wasnt able to vape at all for a day (forgot my charger!) Well something interesting happened, I didnt feel the need to vape or smoke none of the crazy effects like when you havent had a cigarette and would kill for one. I have only been vaping a few months and I am pretty sure I could quit and it wouldnt be a problem at all. Before when I smoked I would get all trippy if I didnt have a smoke in a few hours!
Has anyone else experienced this? I am vaping 18, 12 and sometimes 5mg (depends on the juice) and I think that over all I really dont need it anymore, not that I dont enjoy vaping but it seems I could stop with no side effects.
I noticed the same exact thing yesterday! I was stuck at the ER for 4 1/2 hours to come out to a completely broken vivi nova and NO panic attacks!! I was surprised to say the least and I am THRILLED by this discovery!!

Last edited:

grandmato5

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2010
WNY
Yep, you aren't the only one to discover your need for nicotine isn't the same when vaping as it was when smoking :)

DC2's post explains it best.:)

Some people will find they have a stronger addiction to nicotine then others even vaping but many of us find that over time we loose that strong addiction we had when smoking because we are no long getting those additives with nicotine that were the real cause of our strong addiction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread