Status
Not open for further replies.

MsComptrtchr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2013
Tucson, it's a dry heat
OK, I waited 3 weeks for this eVic. Here are some of my impressions (if you care to read them, lol.) This is my first APV; been working off 3 eGo-C's until today.

OK, here we go:

It's slippery - I mean SLIPPERY. I know I'm going to drop this thing or it will roll off something. So, I went to ACE hardware and showed the guy. I asked him for a creative, non-elegant solution to getting this on a lanyard. I ended up getting a 75 cent o-ring (#16). It fits nice and snug on the eVic. Then, I took my eGo lanyard and removed the collar. The clasp of the lanyard fits on the o-ring nicely. It's heavy on my neck, BUT it gives me something hold into, even if I don't wear it around my neck. The o-ring makes a good gripper. Poor hardware guy - I didn't tell him what the device was, only that it was expensive and I didn't want to drop it. After we talked a little, I explained that it was an e-cig. He seemed relieved when I said that. I have a feeling he was wondering if I was carrying something of "another" nature, lol. ::imagination in overdrive::

Doncha kinda wish these things had grips instead of tubes? I guess I'm more concerned about ergonomics than visual appeal (old age.)

I'm still getting used to the software. I upgraded it, changed the settings, etc. The one thing that doesn't seem to take is the voltage setting. I'm trying to set it to automatically adjust, but everytime I puff, it says 3.3 (the default, right?) Somewhere I'm not doing something right. I do love the idea that I can use my PC to make adjustments since those tiny screens can be hard to read and adjust with one button.

I hate the button - it feels like the USB cover and I keep getting them mixed up. I received the Vamo today as well (still charging) and those buttons are NICE and solid.

It is lighter than the Vamo, I like that (esp. on the lanyard.)

The twisty ring seems cheap.

Sometimes it stays on even when I'm done puffing . . . I must be touching a sensor or something. Maybe the ring . . .

I downloaded the manuals online, again, my old eyes.

My EVOD looks weird on this. It needs a fat protank on it (which I have) but I am too juice-ADD to commit to a long-term juice. In fact, I am waiting on an atty to start dripping - that's gonna look funky too.

This will definitely be my at-home APV.

End of first impressions (I guess I'm sort of critical huh?)

DaxFX

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2013
Puerto Rico
This could be the solution for your slippery issue.

pu9yhyjy.jpg

ysyqu9et.jpg

ha6u6a3e.jpg

If think tha looks odd with an evod, take a look at mine with a carto

ja8ujusu.jpg

But i love the look of mine with an evod

e6u7a4ed.jpg

Sent from my iVap using Tapatalk HD

DaxFX

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2013
Puerto Rico
The joytech branded tubes is not the same finish as the evods.. I have an evod clearo that start to peel off the finish on window edge i just do a nail rub on the complete edge now i have a black evod with a ss window edge looks nice..

The joytech branded coating feels much better than the evod, my joye ego twist red was one of my get out of home battery and never got a scratch untill i killed with my ford truck, almost survived but is dead

Sent from my iVap using Tapatalk HD

KY_Rob

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2013
Kentucky
That's SOOO FRICKIN HILARIOUS about the hardware guy...I would've given good money to be a fly on the wall to watch that one ;)

What do you think of the puff counter? I have a lavatube clone that has it, and its one of the reasons I bought it (other than it was dirt cheap :) ). At the end of the day, it was a bell/whistle that didn't really do much for me.

So now that you've got the "mod" bug, has anything else started to catch your eye? Don't worry, you're not really cheating on the others ;)

MsComptrtchr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2013
Tucson, it's a dry heat
It was funny - this poor old guy had NO idea what I was holding.

I actually turned off the puff counter - not sure of it's purpose other than to wear down the battery . . . need insight.

As Mod-dy as I'm gonna get right now, I am eyeing an iTaste MVP for on the go.

Forgot to mention to all EVOD w/eVic noobs - unscrew the EVOD upside down - the way the eVic is recessed makes it difficult to tell if you are unscrewing the base or the EVOD itself from the eVic (don't ask me how I know ::whistle::).

That's SOOO FRICKIN HILARIOUS about the hardware guy...I would've given good money to be a fly on the wall to watch that one ;)

What do you think of the puff counter? I have a lavatube clone that has it, and its one of the reasons I bought it (other than it was dirt cheap :) ). At the end of the day, it was a bell/whistle that didn't really do much for me.

So now that you've got the "mod" bug, has anything else started to catch your eye? Don't worry, you're not really cheating on the others ;)

MsComptrtchr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2013
Tucson, it's a dry heat
Cripes, I did it again. The EVOD stayed screwed to the top of the eVIc and I unscrewed the EVOD base. It was a bugger trying to get the base off the head. I am taking off this cap, I don't care how dumb it looks. I need something that isn't recessed like this? Is there another solution? The flat cap has the same issue. Grrrr.

EddardinWinter

The Philosopher Who Rides
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
Richmond, Va
I use Evods on mine. Kinda looks like one of those buildings in NY with it on.
My Evic stays on sometimes too. Seems like no reason for it but doesn't help battery life when it takes a while to notice it s on.
Kanger Pro looks good on it. Too bad it hate the airy draw.

Me too. Then I put an EVOD coil in my Protank. It works great. Much richer hit, better flavor. Try it!

EddardinWinter

The Philosopher Who Rides
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
Richmond, Va
Cripes, I did it again. The EVOD stayed screwed to the top of the eVIc and I unscrewed the EVOD base. It was a bugger trying to get the base off the head. I am taking off this cap, I don't care how dumb it looks. I need something that isn't recessed like this? Is there another solution? The flat cap has the same issue. Grrrr.

A 510 to eGo adapter makes my EVOD sit just above the top ring. It still looks good (a little taller) but makes taking the small capacity EVODs on and off much, much easier.

Here is the EVOD attached to the eVic with the adapter,

IMAG0267.jpg

and then the finished product.

IMAG0268.jpg

Attachments

• IMAG0156.jpg
    IMAG0156.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 328

Hippieangst

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2013
Statesboro, GA
If this is repeating...let it repeat..

Double check to make sure you're not on Auto mode...auto mode will run the vape for a set amount of time. Make sure it's in manual for you to control your vape time. I also figured out what RVV and RVW is...if you're wondering.

OK, I waited 3 weeks for this eVic. Here are some of my impressions (if you care to read them, lol.) This is my first APV; been working off 3 eGo-C's until today.

OK, here we go:

It's slippery - I mean SLIPPERY. I know I'm going to drop this thing or it will roll off something. So, I went to ACE hardware and showed the guy. I asked him for a creative, non-elegant solution to getting this on a lanyard. I ended up getting a 75 cent o-ring (#16). It fits nice and snug on the eVic. Then, I took my eGo lanyard and removed the collar. The clasp of the lanyard fits on the o-ring nicely. It's heavy on my neck, BUT it gives me something hold into, even if I don't wear it around my neck. The o-ring makes a good gripper. Poor hardware guy - I didn't tell him what the device was, only that it was expensive and I didn't want to drop it. After we talked a little, I explained that it was an e-cig. He seemed relieved when I said that. I have a feeling he was wondering if I was carrying something of "another" nature, lol. ::imagination in overdrive::

Doncha kinda wish these things had grips instead of tubes? I guess I'm more concerned about ergonomics than visual appeal (old age.)

I'm still getting used to the software. I upgraded it, changed the settings, etc. The one thing that doesn't seem to take is the voltage setting. I'm trying to set it to automatically adjust, but everytime I puff, it says 3.3 (the default, right?) Somewhere I'm not doing something right. I do love the idea that I can use my PC to make adjustments since those tiny screens can be hard to read and adjust with one button.

I hate the button - it feels like the USB cover and I keep getting them mixed up. I received the Vamo today as well (still charging) and those buttons are NICE and solid.

It is lighter than the Vamo, I like that (esp. on the lanyard.)

The twisty ring seems cheap.

Sometimes it stays on even when I'm done puffing . . . I must be touching a sensor or something. Maybe the ring . . .

I downloaded the manuals online, again, my old eyes.

My EVOD looks weird on this. It needs a fat protank on it (which I have) but I am too juice-ADD to commit to a long-term juice. In fact, I am waiting on an atty to start dripping - that's gonna look funky too.

This will definitely be my at-home APV.

End of first impressions (I guess I'm sort of critical huh?)

Hippieangst

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2013
Statesboro, GA
Ha! This has almost happened to me with my Protanks.

Hippieangst

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2013
Statesboro, GA
It was funny - this poor old guy had NO idea what I was holding.

I actually turned off the puff counter - not sure of it's purpose other than to wear down the battery . . . need insight.

As Mod-dy as I'm gonna get right now, I am eyeing an iTaste MVP for on the go.

Forgot to mention to all EVOD w/eVic noobs - unscrew the EVOD upside down - the way the eVic is recessed makes it difficult to tell if you are unscrewing the base or the EVOD itself from the eVic (don't ask me how I know ::whistle::).

Other than a bell and whistle...it's just a puff counter. I'm enamored by it. But, you can set an alarm to chime after so many puffs to put some type of limit on puffs I guess...who would want to limit their vaping goodness...

MsComptrtchr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2013
Tucson, it's a dry heat
Oh thank Gahd - I have one coming from fasttech already - until then, I will use it capless.

A 510 to eGo adapter makes my EVOD sit just above the top ring. It still looks good (a little taller) but makes taking the small capacity EVODs on and off much, much easier.

Here is the EVOD attached to the eVic with the adapter,
and then the finished product.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread