My New home made sick Mod bottom feeder

Status
Not open for further replies.

studiovap

Unresolved Status
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2012
Queensland Australia
Hi Folks, been very sick with the Flu/Whooping cough (test results on monday) and after seeing llamabreath's DIY box mod I thought I'd give one a go, kept walking away from it and comming back as I got frustrated with the way the build was going (as in not perfectly), it really was a godsend though as it gave me somthing to combat my boredom,It's not that pretty on the inside, but it has a beautiful magnetic switch and fuctions really well in all areas :)
I did not have time to wait foe a super duper bottom feeding 510 connection and Drip Cup, or any proper parts lol, I was sick and needed to get somthing happening before I went mad.
I did not take pictures during the build so this is all you get, hope you like.
Sorry for the poor quality pics I'm too sick to care to much at present.

Parts:
Wood: salvaged from broken up Indian incence burner($9 at Madhouse)
AGA-T topsection (thanks Bronco finally put it to use)
Magnets, for switch, door clasp, and negative battery terminal.
Silicone tubing from IV drip (told you I was sick :))
Brass rod from local toy strore
Brass nut ( to make switch button)
Brass tapp washer (to make sq.... button)
10c Coin
5c Coin
Brass washer
SS allen bolts,nuts and washers all M3
Copper wire
super Glue

The Externals

9479003648_e694d22e30_k.jpg

The Ugly internals :)
rocking a 1 Ohm Micro coil on rolled cotton wick

9476216581_4bc14d1b2d_k.jpg

studiovap

Unresolved Status
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2012
Queensland Australia
Beautiful mod

I guess I didn't really pay much attention to the rest until I started reading the parts list! ;

Silicone tubing from IV drip (told you I was sick )

Thanks Vchick, It's amazing how many medical supplies can be used for vaping,syringes,cotton gauze,IV tubes LOL

studiovap

Unresolved Status
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2012
Queensland Australia
Holy Homemade! Great Job Studio. Nice design on the squonk button. That mod is screaming authentic Australian. (BTW, cant really make out the brass figure above the button from the photo angles, what is that?)

Thanks mate, the wood was salvaged from a long 12inch wooden latice top box that holds insence cones,it is from India via a local dollar shop, ($9) the brass inlays were nice on this one, crappy on others, the one inlay that made it onto the boxmod is an elephant, kinda seems to fit with the trunk comming from the squonk bottle :)
All this talk about micro coils and bottom feeders from yourself and others was to tempting not to try out.

studiovap

Unresolved Status
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2012
Queensland Australia
I've been looking at bottom feeds for a while and 510 connectors (especially with a centre hole) seem to be the hardest things to get hold of. I'm into the idea of bodging an old 510 so I'm gonna run off this idea. Defo

Hey andy, remember you don't even need a 510 connection if you are building from scratch, I used an old AGA-T top section, no 510 connector comming out of it, just a hole on the middle for the posotive post and insulator, with the pos wire soldered in a loop onto the bottom of that, and the negative wire clamped on the underside with a small screw and washer into one of the M3 thead holes.
It's still working great and can't put it down, the only thing that would have improved thing would have been using somthing like an IGO dripper with a lip, and counter sinking the feed hole in the top of the deck to ensure all excess juice returns down the pipe, but even so it's functioning very well as is.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread