The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

My new meditation mantra

Discussion in 'Pagan Vapers' started by Nighthawk, Aug 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Nighthawk

Nighthawk Super Member ECF Veteran

Jun 4, 2010
    Southeast Texas
    So there I was, laying there again, wrestling with my chronic insomnia, exhausted. I have been trying harder to meditate/pray, because its good for me. And it comes to me, in poetry. And when the poetry comes to me, as it does sometimes, it will not leave me alone until I write it out and share it. So here it is.

I am Peace.
    (Breathe)

I am Light.
    (Breathe)

I am the Hawk in Flight.
    (Breathe)

Taking wing,
    (Breathe)

On Winters' Night.
    (Breathe)

2. Nyxie

Nyxie Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 3, 2009
    Port Richey, Fl.
  3. Nighthawk

Jun 4, 2010
    Southeast Texas
    Thanks! Feel free to use it if you want!
    If anyone is interested, a long while back, I wrote a pagan funeral ceremony. Hopefully no one will need it! but they can be a bit difficult to locate. Yeah, I wrote my own funeral. It's not a creepy as it may sound. lol

4. Nyxie

May 3, 2009
    Port Richey, Fl.
    Actually I have thought about that , morbid as it seems. I have gonne to a heathan ceremony. Lots of noise and Hail's The funeral director thought it was "different" LOL

5. Nighthawk

Jun 4, 2010
    Southeast Texas
    Well, it's going to be my last party, and what I do not want is some christian preacher who never even knew me doing it. I mean really!
    I am also a little bit irish, and I want a wake. And if there's not at least one pregnancy and 2 fist fights during the wake, it wasn't done right. So my sense of humor is a bit odd. <shrug> You can't take life too seriously, no one's going to get out of it alive anyway. Might as well go with a smile! Besides, the red eyes and groaning will be more convincing when everyone's got a hangover. lol

6. VaporPhreak

VaporPhreak Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 30, 2009
    Indianapolis, IN
    HAHAHAHAAHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol::lol::lol:

We think A LOT alike Nighthawk! :toast:

And if it makes you feel any better, I will shortly be brewing a special mead that I intend to save a bottle for my own funeral. Still trying to convince the wifey that a pyre is the only way to go! :evil: Anyway, hopefully neither your funeral rite nor my funeral mead will be needed for a long LONG while! Blessed Be!

7. Nyxie

May 3, 2009
    Port Richey, Fl.
    Mmmm Mead. I have a bottle right now but I don't plan to save it for other people . I am gonna drink it myself LOL.
    Hubby is going to go to a mead making class pretty soon, so he can make me some more.

I am half Irish so I know about the brawling and drunkeness at wakes LOL. I wouldnt have that part any other way. The German half isn't much better either LOL

I would like to have a priestess say a few words instead of a preacher. Then I would like to be cremated and turned into life diamonds so i can creep my kids out LOL.

8. imawitch

imawitch Super Member ECF Veteran

I like it...

many moons ago, i dabbled in writing my own poetry..however, i lost my jornal in a move...( eta, however, being the wiccan that i am, i often write my spells with a dash of poetry as i feel it enhances my magickal workings)

eta, jmho, but have you got any lavender oil?
    a lil lavender oil on the temples is great way to help you relax, ...of course, if male, then you might not want to smell so sweet eh? lol

or, u can use dried lavender leaves and sprinkle the leaves inside of your pillow case, as it is this witch's beliefe that lavander aids in helping one to fall asleep, it helps to relax..jmho

i some times suffer from insomnia..but i think mine is stress related...

9. imawitch

imawitch Super Member ECF Veteran

when i pass and take flight to the summerlands, guess what will be played at my funeral? led zepps " rambling on"

its in my will, ..they will play this as they scatter my ashes..

10. SuZamme

SuZamme Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Oct 24, 2009
    Nashville, Indiana USA
    Nice poem.
    Would really enjoy reading your funeral ceremony...I mean I don't want to actually be reading it AT your funeral...just interested in reading it now, if you care to share.

As far as sleeping, I watch a little of Avatar on my iTouch and off to sleep with great dreams.

I perform quite a few wedding ceremonies...yes, I have 3 so far on 10-10-10...and always include a blend of Pagan, Native American, and couples coaching energies into them...depending on the couple, the crowd, and what Spirit adds. I especially love it, of course, when the couples request a hand-fasting.
    Haven't been asked to do a funeral.

Here's a poem about death that resonates with me.

DO NOT STAND AT MY
    GRAVE AND WEEP

Do not stand at my grave and weep,
    I am not there, I do not sleep.

I am a thousand winds that blow.
    I am the diamond glint on snow.
    I am the sunlight on ripened grain.
    I am the gentle autumn rain.

When you wake in the morning hush,
    I am the swift, uplifting rush
    Of quiet birds in circling flight.
    I am the soft starlight at night.

Do not stand at my grave and weep.

Do not stand at my grave and cry.
    I am not there, I did not die!

I am the song that will never end.
    I am the love of family and friend.
    I am the child who has come to rest
    In the arms of the Father (Mother,Goddess,Spirit)
    who knows him (her) best.

When you see the sunset fair,
    I am the scented evening air.
    I am the joy of a task well done.
    I am the glow of the setting sun.

Do not stand at my grave and cry.
    I am not there, I did not die!

11. Nyxie

May 3, 2009
    Port Richey, Fl.
    I had a handfasting/ regular wedding LOL. The ceremony was Pagan based done by my friend who is the high priestess of her coven. My Mom told all of her non pagan friends I was jumping over a broom and being tied to hubby . Of course they all wanted to come see the freak show. However they were surprised when my wedding was quite normal for a pagan one.

12. Nighthawk

Jun 4, 2010
    Southeast Texas
    I've always liked that poem Suz! I have done one vow renewal and one wedding so far. They weren't pagan, because the folks involved weren't, but neither were they christian ceremonies! I will dig up the funeral and put it into the computer sometime this week. It may not suit everyone, but I liked it. :)

13. VaporPhreak

Jun 30, 2009
    Indianapolis, IN
    Nyxie,

If you or your hubby want to know how to make it, what supplies to get, or anything like that let me know. I will be more than happy to do a detailed overview of how to do it. It is actually pretty simple once you actually attempt it. I was daunted by the idea of it all when I first started but after making a batch, it seriously is VERY simple! If you are book lovers, try picking up a copy of The Compleat Meadmaker from Amazon or borrow it from your local library. I have a very nice Orange, Cinnamon & Clove mead going through the first fermentation cycle now. It will be at least 4 - 6 months before its drinkable, and likely a year before it is REALLY tastey. But it is soooo worth it! I would be happy to get you the recipie. I have also found that there is just something satisfying about using mead/wine you made yourself in ritual as well. BB

14. Nyxie

May 3, 2009
    Port Richey, Fl.
    A few of our friends are in a heathen Frith and they have started doing classes on different things of interest. The Mead making class is next, so hubby can learn hands on. I am a book worm but hubby is not. He will sit all day and listen if I read to him but he doesn't care to do it himself. He is resisting reading glasses LOL. His arms aren't getting any longer either. I may go get the book anyway, I have heard it mentioned in the circle I attend as well. I may have some questions for you once he takes the class.

15. VaporPhreak

Jun 30, 2009
    Indianapolis, IN
    Cool. If you have any questions let me know. If I dont know the answer, I have a local winemaking supply shop who can get me the info for you. They make meads pretty often and all kinds of other wines. Nice group of people.

16. VpnDrgn

VpnDrgn Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jul 21, 2010
    Gulfport, MS.
    LOL - I had the same thought but my family acted so creeped out when I mentioned it:ohmy:, I haven't brought it up again.:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.