My new Provari - Believe the hype but......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charlie C

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Just arrived yesterday and I must say that the quality of this device is extraordinary.
I was surprised at its size; smaller than expected but it feels so darn good in your hands.
I won't say it :p

Moving from a 3.7 v Silver Bullet to a Provari is proving an interesting endeavor.
For the first time I’m getting a consistent vape from my Vivi Nova using the 2.8ohm coils. For some reason it was always hit and miss before. Just ordered an IBTanked so looking forward to trying that.

Before I forget I'd like to thank both ecf members Baditude and Snork for their help and support.

The service from Provape was fast and accurate yet I do have two issues with the company.

First off- Whilst I understand online business I find it a huge negative that Provape does not offer true phone support. One would think that a company that sells a premium device would answer the phone. We’ve all experienced the frustration of not being able to make contact immediately via a telephone but come on……….. This is Provape!

In addition I was not happy that my Provari was simply placed in some bubble wrap with popcorn in the box.

Again. This is a Provari. How about a plain white box or something. Is that too much to ask?
Even my eGo kits came in a nice custom box!

Provape may make one of the leading devices but presentation is a direct reflection of a company’s image and Provape needs to step it up a notch or two.

However, thank you to Jennifer at Provape for assisting with my order. At least I did receive quick email responses.

The bottom line is I am naturally pleased and excited with this purchase. This device really is exceptional!

BigBaby

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2012
West GA
Different strokes I guess, but I love the packaging. I don't ever see one getting damaged in the mail and there is something custom and hand packaged about it to me. I will take that over a Koreanchineasetiwanease stuffed cheap cardboard box anyway. The no phone support is a little bit of a let down I guess. My own real negative is that they would not give me/ sell me a replacement board to install myself when I had a small problem with mine.

eratikmind

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2013
Las Vegas/San Francisco
I can appreciate and understand the OP's comments and observations. When I received my first provari, I thought that the bubble wrap was a bit cheap looking, until I finished unwrapping the package and saw my silver mini. It was gorgeous.

I had an occasion to contact provape's customer service. Cecilia's response time via e-mail was stellar. She answered my queries to my complete satisfaction.

Could ProVape improve their product packaging? Absolutely, they could. However, ProVape does not need to rely on packaging to improve their product line image.

Live customer service and enhanced product packaging comes at an added cost. If the existing ProVape business plane required fixing, I'm sure they would in a ProVape second.

- Andy . . . Don't let the Ciggieman getcha . . . Vape'em.

Charlie C

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I agree that by the second day the packaging issue is forgiven but not forgotten.
In the long run it's the device that counts and having used this for only a matter of hours I am completely sold on it.
I just feel that Provape should take a little more pride in their product.

In a past life I was a chef and as they say we ALL eat with our eyes first.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I'm always rather amused when I read about disappointment in the "presentation", or lack of one, with the Provari. In fact, it was a running joke here on the Provari sub-forum at one time where the infamous bubble wrap from Provape was considered (perhaps sarcastically) a wonderful and looked forward to sight by customers.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/provari/333288-just-got-my-white-provari-mini-not-loving-packaging.html?highlight=provari+bubblewrap

I guess I don't personally put much importance into presentation boxes. I notice it for about 20 seconds until I can find a knife or other sharp object to cut any tape that may be on the box and then proceed to open the box for its contents. At that point if becomes trash. The Provape bubble wraps serves its purpose fine with me.

I'll agree that phone contact with Provape customer service would be most ideal. But email support has proven to be fast and efficient. Provape is not a large company. Perhaps customer service reps work from home, who knows? I know that they seem to often be available at the oddest hours, even on holidays.

Last edited:

Dovahkiin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2012
Mechanicsville Va
I don't give a Krap what the packaging looks like.once i get the Pro out of the box its not ever going back into it anyway

although a soft bag for it would be nice to have

no worries about the Pro getting damaged in shipment,but dam all those peanuts :p

Yea I know. Got too excited opened the box and the peanuts went everywhere. :facepalm::D

Riverboat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2012
Arizona
I agree that by the second day the packaging issue is forgiven but not forgotten.
In the long run it's the device that counts and having used this for only a matter of hours I am completely sold on it.
I just feel that Provape should take a little more pride in their product.

In a past life I was a chef and as they say we ALL eat with our eyes first.In addition I was not happy that my Provari was simply placed in some bubble wrap with popcorn in the box.Even my eGo kits came in a nice custom box![/COLOR][/FONT]
I dont care if they handed it to me in a plain brown paper bag, its a PROVARI, thats all that counts......What do you want a fancy box for- to put in a drawer? The Pride is in the product...USA Rock Solid Build-that last for years.....Its a vaping tool....alot of good that eGo box is doing you its still sucks when compared to a Provari.....

Last edited:

Tommy Aces

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 28, 2013
Connecticut
To OP and others:

The reason that ProVari doesn't come with fancy packaging is two-fold. 1 is the same reason that the manual is only available electronically; it's a company with waste-consciousness in mind. Why use paper to print manuals that can easily be accessed online and why use a box that's gonna be shipped inside a box. 2 is the fact that the product stands on its own merits. It isn't a flashy device, but is high quality. It doesn't need fancy packaging that will either be thrown away or stuffed in a drawer.

If your ego needs to be stroked by having fancy packaging, there are plenty of inferior devices that have really nice packaging available. I'd understand if there was a concern if the device was packaged in a way that risked damage during shipping, but that's not the case. The device is well packed to avoid damage.

As for being able to contact a vendor by phone, I find that understandable. There have been times when I've been frustrated at being unable to contact another vendor by phone. However, electronic communication is the way of the world now. It's fairly convenient and much more economical for the vendor.

Now, if the vendor doesn't respond within a reasonable time period (say a couple hours during the business day) then that is a bit of a problem.

Chowderhead1972

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2013
Clarksburg, Maryland, United States
And no PWM crap...its a smoother hitting vape, very consistent.

Sure it does, all vv/vw devices do. The difference is the quality of PWM board. Most if not all of the other vv/vw devices use a much lower frequency modulation(30hz range) where the provari uses a much more seamless 800hz modulation. There was covered ad nauseum recently on this topic in comparison to a Vamo vs Provari on an oscilloscope.

Red_Bird

Moved On
Apr 11, 2013
Montgomery County, NY
Sure it does, all vv/vw devices do. The difference is the quality of PWM board. Most if not all of the other vv/vw devices use a much lower frequency modulation(30hz range) where the provari uses a much more seamless 800hz modulation. There was covered ad nauseum recently on this topic in comparison to a Vamo vs Provari on an oscilloscope.

The Accu Set Tech uses a quality capacitor that will flat line the pwm on a scope. AND IN ITS USE!

Gotta love the other folks that claim a vmax vapes exactly the same as a Provari. Not you (guy I quoted) but others.

I'll leave them to their opinion, but I know mine. I own them all (any piece of hardware I talk about)

Last edited:

SuperDave68

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2013
Spokane,WA
i have one gripe with the pro vari, especialy considering the price tag, the circa late 1970's 80's display with the cryptic codes for values.
i have an evic that i don't have to decipher codes to figure out what my coil ohms are, voltage setting etc..... i am sure you get used to it as you use it though.

even with this i am tempted to get one, but not quite yet.

Edson Arantes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2012
Mexique
Good point. They have answerd emails on a sunday within an hour.

To OP and others:

The reason that ProVari doesn't come with fancy packaging is two-fold. 1 is the same reason that the manual is only available electronically; it's a company with waste-consciousness in mind. Why use paper to print manuals that can easily be accessed online and why use a box that's gonna be shipped inside a box. 2 is the fact that the product stands on its own merits. It isn't a flashy device, but is high quality. It doesn't need fancy packaging that will either be thrown away or stuffed in a drawer.

If your ego needs to be stroked by having fancy packaging, there are plenty of inferior devices that have really nice packaging available. I'd understand if there was a concern if the device was packaged in a way that risked damage during shipping, but that's not the case. The device is well packed to avoid damage.

As for being able to contact a vendor by phone, I find that understandable. There have been times when I've been frustrated at being unable to contact another vendor by phone. However, electronic communication is the way of the world now. It's fairly convenient and much more economical for the vendor.

Now, if the vendor doesn't respond within a reasonable time period (say a couple hours during the business day) then that is a bit of a problem.

Susan W.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2013
Torrance, CA
I don't care about packaging either. What I do hate is so much tape on the box that I can't rip it open with my hands. If I do get something in nice packaging, I never know what to do with it. I hate to throw it away but I hardly need a bunch of cutesy boxes sitting all over the place. It ends up being a big dilemma for me so I'd rather get things in bubble wrap. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread