Status
Not open for further replies.

sarqb

Nov 24, 2011
A, A
okay so i posted this thread because i think the V-mod has gotten a bad name.
i just got my new v-mod XL 2.0 in the mail. and i have to say that this is the best vape i ever had
no leaking issues at all. and it has that classic atty taste
that being said this is my new goto vape i will take it with me everywhere i go, it has a very compact size for holding a 9ml bottle.
i just feel that maybe some of issues before have been fixed since the 2.0 update
maybe someone can help me with this. or if you have a v-mod tell me how you like it and when you got it

six

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2011
under the blue sky
I had one for a few days. Overall, it performed as expected. I really liked the price tag. I also liked the fact you could buy the shells separately and change the color of the mod just by slipping it in to a different shell. I also really liked the siloh carto that came with it. Those are pretty good cartos. Juice capacity is really a nice feature. That's a nice big bottle.

My work and play are rough. I did not like that the main guts (for lack of a better word) were plastic. That is the reason I sold it.

Turning it upside down to feed juice is a little bit awkward, but I had a boge revolution for a few weeks about a year ago, so I knew what I was getting in to with that style of feeding. It isn't my favorite but it also isn't all that difficult to master - it just feels a little awkward.

One of the best features of that mod happens to be something I didn't appreciate. The cone. That's how it doesn't leak and I do sort of think it's a clever design. However, I have had circumstances with other mods where I needed to disable the circuit by spinning off the atty. That cone needs to come off before you have good access to the atty to spin it off. I don't have any bright ideas about how to solve that, and I do view it as a bit of a possible safety issue.

So, there you go. My likes, a dislike, a neutral, and a like-but-dislike. All things considered, it's a decent feeder and it should serve you well under most normal circumstances.

hellsh0cked

ECF Veteran
Jul 14, 2011
Connecticut
I got one because it is more pocket friendly than a Provari with a tank on it. It took me a few days to "learn" how to use it. Now it works great. I have not had any problems with it leaking. It is easy to top a cart off with it. I'm using Boge 2 ohm carts and get plenty of vapor with it. The Boge carts are longer than the one that came with it and I can unscrew them with the cone still on.

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
I'm eyeballing these.

You are stuck using their cartos forever? I guess you could just not use the feed bottle and a regular one for a quick flavor change? It looks like 1.8-2.0-2.2 are the only choices?

Actually they are compatible with any atty or carto that has a native 510 connection....

bilboda

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2012
Miami, FL
I've had mine for a couple weeks, no issues. Already looking at inserting a needle to eliminate tilting it and I'm thinking about a kick under the juice bottle so I can keep the 18650. I get great hits from 1.7 ohm Bud carto's from Puresmoker and I went for an HH.357 custom vg 1.5 ohm. I think that may be my sweet spot.
Actually, 1 issue. The battery is a bear to remove, really tight and no place for your finger. A little piece of cloth behind the battery with some hanging out to tug on solves that.

bigpman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
You could also take some electrical tape and wrap around the battery. But, instead of completing the wrap, leave the ends a little longer and make a little tab with the 2 ends when they come together:) Makes a perfect little handle to pull the battery without a bunch of thickness to it.

I've had mine for a couple weeks, no issues. Already looking at inserting a needle to eliminate tilting it and I'm thinking about a kick under the juice bottle so I can keep the 18650. I get great hits from 1.7 ohm Bud carto's from Puresmoker and I went for an HH.357 custom vg 1.5 ohm. I think that may be my sweet spot.
Actually, 1 issue. The battery is a bear to remove, really tight and no place for your finger. A little piece of cloth behind the battery with some hanging out to tug on solves that.

sarqb

Nov 24, 2011
A, A
wow i like the kick idea how did you plan on putting it under the bottle????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread