acura tech

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 13, 2012
florida
ne3uzava.jpg
mugytaru.jpg
a5yruret.jpg

Kevin was very helpful over the phone, and seems to be a really nice guy. I was gonna post these pix any way and and thought I give him a shout out as well.

Last edited:

andruc123

Verified Member
Aug 10, 2012
Little Rock, AR
IMG_20120916_181300.jpg

Another proud owner of the black chrome LT from free-cigs.com. Been vaping with this for 2 weeks now and loving it. Great upgrade from my eGo Twist. I had to rebuild the head on my mini vivi nova to increase the ohms since this tube seems to the run the coil hotter than my eGo's at the same volts...?

I do wish the Young June had the voltage lock functionality though. Burned one coil up by not checking the voltage before vapng--it was set to 6V, lol!

acura tech

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 13, 2012
florida
are these better than the standard lavatube they offer? I see it looks sleeker, but the other kit can be had for an even $50

IMO the Young June is the best of all the LT styles. This one has the 510&EGO threads, deeper juice well, ohm checker, battery bar, and it's Pulse-width modulated. This one will hit harder than the others so start out with the volts low. Also it runs duel coil no problem. Only thing I can find bad about it is the battery life is a little less but i think it's because it's using more power which is what I like about it, so it's not that bad for me.:2c:

Last edited:

billherbst

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2010
Columbia, Missouri
www.billherbst.com
The Young-June chrome v2.0 Vtube I got back in early July from CrystalClearVaping (as an exchange/replacement for the defective v1.5s that CCV "recalled") enjoyed a relatively short life before dying last week, after living with me for less than three months.

It saw moderate use, since I keep many PVs on my desk, each loaded and ready to go with a different juice. I vape all day long, but the most use any single PV gets is hardly ever more than an hour, usually less.

The first month and a half were fine. Then the "chrome" colored paint began to wear off the firing button. No problem. I used a kitchen scrubby sponge to take off the rest of the paint on the button and sort of liked the contrast of the chrome body and black firing button. At just over two months, the top assembly with the drip well and 510 connector began to come off the body. I discovered that it's just press-fit onto the body, using a crude shim to hold it firmly. I was able to push the connector top back on, but the construction didn't inspire confidence. Then, last week, the 510 connector went belly up. The silicon grommet (a little tiny O-ring) that insulates the positive pole of the connector from the grounded base broke. During my subsequent examination, the inner rubber assembly in the connector also popped off.

Someone somewhere in the world might be able to repair this, but not me. The 510 female connector is fused to the drip well assembly. I know, because I literally destroyed it trying to get it to come off and still wasn't able to remove it to even make the attempt of replacing the connector.

And, of course, the vendor warranty expired two weeks after I got it last summer. (I'm not angry about that, just sayin'...) Now I know why most vendors don't offer a longer warranty on Young-June Vtubes. Manufacturing specs and assembly methods aren't exactly what you'd call bullet-proof. Not that I expect more than that for $50-60. In this instance, as in so many others (but not all), you get what pay for.

I have two other Young-June Vtubes (black v1.5t units---a Vector VV from VaporBeast and a Varitube-X from iVape). Both of those are still going strong after six months. Yes, they are marred a bit by the zombie stealth low-voltage mode power-down glitch (which was fixed before the chrome v2.0 came out), but that never bothers me, since I don't use them anywhere but my house, so I never need to shut off the power.

Today I ordered a Young-June black chrome v2.0 Mini Vtube from FreE-Cigs. $49.99 with free shipping. Plus, I now have spare back-up parts in case the board fries or the body and/or bottom spring threaded cap go south. All in all, I'm not upset. PVs fail. Sometimes we fix them ourselves, sometime we send them back to the vendor for repair or replacement, and sometimes we relegate them to the junk parts drawer, as in this case.

I also have a ProVari v2 standard 18500 with an 18650 extension cap, and yes, it does seem to me well-designed and built very solidly. If my ProVari breaks at some point, however, I can send it back to ProVape and have it repaired for a reasonable charge. Just knowing that makes me happy.

Look, I'm not bashing Young-June. I can't comment on L-Rider Vtubes, since I've never owned one, but the Young-June Vtubes are inexpensive tube VVs that offer good bang-for-the-buck. I liked my Young-June chrome V2 right up until it died. It provided relatively stable and accurate voltage, which didn't drop off as the battery drained, and had a terrific implementation of resistance checking/current voltage setting/battery remaining graphic (all accessed at once with a single click of the power button). I much prefer that ergonomic convenience to the less user-friendly ProVari/Vmax multi-click-and-wait morse-code menu systems.

However, the very first time that ProVape has a blem sale on ProVari Minis, I'm buying one.

billherbst

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2010
Columbia, Missouri
www.billherbst.com
Does the new YJ version tell you the ohms of the attached atomizer? I'm looking to get into making my own wicks and coils.

All the Young-June versions display atty/carto resistance. The L-Riders didn't until their newest version (Lambo 4.0).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread