Status
Not open for further replies.

michliu

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2012
Seattle, WA
I've read a lot about this in other threads and seen discussiion in videos. Pbusardo does a youtube video on pulse width modulation that explains it in a way that's not too technical. From what I understand, it hits hotter because the calculation the chip uses to determine voltage is incorrect, using V average instead of V root mean squared. I don't know what all that means, except it is exactly as you've described, the voltage on the LT is equivalent to a much higher voltage on Ego twist. I only use higher ohm heads on my Vivi Nova and recoiled my Phoenix with more resistance wire for when I use the Lavatube.

juicefreak

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2009
Oklahoma
where can i get one of these ego threaded sleeves with the groove on top? litecig has some, but they are just a smooth rim on top - no air flow grooves.

thank you!

Just a quick tip if you use an EGO threaded sleeve you can screw it down to the height you need to make an electrical connection without over tightening and messing up the center pin in the mod. It will also make whatever you use wobble free and str8. Doing this will make the whole thing stronger and tougher, a must have.

ta6enuzu.jpg

juicefreak

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2009
Oklahoma
I had an odd occurrence last night when I was half way through my battery. all of the sudden I was getting very light hits. I turned the voltage up to the normal 4.0-4.2 for my atomizer and all was well. Are my off voltage settings becoming accurate now lol

i don't have my YJ yet, but i know on my Precise a@ 6volts (quickly dwindles to 4 somethingish) when i have a low ohm phoenix ra coil that's fresh it hits hard and after a couple days as the resistance builds in the coil, i want it to go higher volts and even on fresh batteries it's not getting it.

don't know if that could be what you're experiencing or not. My friend just got his young june chrome and it tests only .1 off from the volt setting. As it goes up in voltage, say 4.5, 5, 6 being the top end, the difference between actual jumps about .4. Still not bad. If it gives me more than I want i'll be estatic :) I can always crank it down to comfort zone, but if i can't crank it up to a warm vape, that would be a disappointment. I like short hits (I have COPD so I can't draw too long) and warm vapor!

billherbst

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2010
Columbia, Missouri
www.billherbst.com
Well, I'm sorry to report that my Young-June black chrome Vtube from FreECigs---which I've had for two days shy of a month---has gone ballistic and is now belly up. The 510 connector had become a bit wobbly, which I noted last week but didn't freak out over. Perhaps I should have.

Yesterday, I picked up the Vtube to vape, and it was shut off. I figured the battery was dead, since it eats 18350s like there's no tomorrow, so I swapped out the battery for a freshly-charged 18350 and did the fast 5-click sequence to turn it back on. Nothing. Hmmm. I took out that fully charged battery and inserted another. Yes, the Vtube display flashed three times when the bottom cap spring made contact with the negative end of the battery (indicating that the chip senses power), but again it wouldn't turn on.

After half an hour of trying with six different 18350s (AWs and Efests, all fully charged), I gave up. Took out the battery and let it sit. Being stubborn, though, I tried again after 10 minutes. Wonder of wonders. This time the unit powered on normally, and I thought, "Oh, just some weird glitch. It's gone now." Ha!

I took one vape, put the Vtube down on the table, and it began firing by itself. Without stopping. I can understand a short in the connector causing the chip to execute an auto-shutdown, but firing by itself? That's not the connector, that's something in the chipset, right?

I unscrewed the clearo (which had smoke coming out the drip tip), took out the battery, and sat for awhile, pondering what had happened. Then I put the battery back in, 5-click powered on, and I gingerly screwed on the clearo again. So far, so good. Took one hit, put down the Vtube on the table, and it began to auto-fire AGAIN!

That's a death warrant for this unit. Even if I could magically get the Vtube to work properly, I'd never trust it again. Doesn't matter, though. Now it won't even turn on (again).

I called Kevin at FreECig this morning, left a voicemail explaining what happened. I don't know if he'll take back the Vtube or not after a month. I sure as hell don't want another one. Between eating batteries like crazy, the low quality of the 510 connectors, and the seemingly inherent instability of Young-June Vtubes (I've owned five---two black v1.5t units that still work perfectly, a first-production-run chrome v2.0 that died a horrible death after three months from a bad 510 connector that couldn't be repaired, and now this black chrome that has committed hari-kiri seppuku after one month), well, I've had enough.

All I hope for is a return for in-store credit at FreEcigs. I don't know how Kevin will respond, however. I'll post again after he calls back.

DEA7H INC

ECF Veteran
Apr 29, 2012
Oregon
This is why my friends who want a cheap VV big battery device have been recommended by me to get the 1.5t's in black or silver. While the ego connection is nice I'd rather just use a 510-ego adapter if necessary. Every problem I've read on these forums regarding these has really only ever been with the 2.0 version with the ego connector. You would think by now they would have figured out how to mount it in such a way it wont cause an issue. Sounds like maybe with the top loose something touched that shouldnt have.

It's sad that after all this time this is still a big problem with these devices. Hopefully this gets resolved for you.

billherbst

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2010
Columbia, Missouri
www.billherbst.com
This is why my friends who want a cheap VV big battery device have been recommended by me to get the 1.5t's in black or silver. While the ego connection is nice I'd rather just use a 510-ego adapter if necessary. Every problem I've read on these forums regarding these has really only ever been with the 2.0 version with the ego connector. You would think by now they would have figured out how to mount it in such a way it wont cause an issue. Sounds like maybe with the top loose something touched that shouldnt have. It's sad that after all this time this is still a big problem with these devices. Hopefully this gets resolved for you.

DEA7H,

I think you're right. Despite the stealth low-voltage mode shutoff glitch and the lousy display screen contrast, my two black v1.5t units continue to perform well. I'm with you in betting that it's the strength of the more secure flat-top-mounted 510 connection. Both of the Vtubes that died on me have been v2.0s with the eGo-style/drip well top cap. Bad design, shoddy materials, or faulty manufacturing---whatever the cause, that seems to be where the problem is. Stay away from the chromes.

billherbst

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2010
Columbia, Missouri
www.billherbst.com
Kevin from FreECigs called me back this afternoon, and we had a pleasant conversation. Even though the warranty is technically only 14 days, Kevin volunteered to take back my defective Mini and send me a new one as soon his new shipment of "updated" black chrome Vtubes arrives from Young-June, which has supposedly fixed the issue with wonky 510 connectors on their Vtubes with an eGo-style/drip well top assembly.

Kevin seems like a very nice guy, as is true with most of the mom & pop style smaller vendors.

DEA7H INC

ECF Veteran
Apr 29, 2012
Oregon
Sweet! keep us posted on It's reliability. Hopefully they've finally taken care of the issue.

Kevin from FreECigs called me back this afternoon, and we had a pleasant conversation. Even though the warranty is technically only 14 days, Kevin volunteered to take back my defective Mini and send me a new one as soon his new shipment of "updated" black chrome Vtubes arrives from Young-June, which has supposedly fixed the issue with wonky 510 connectors on their Vtubes with an eGo-style/drip well top assembly.

Kevin seems like a very nice guy, as is true with most of the mom & pop style smaller vendors.

LeftCoastVaper

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 12, 2010
Mill Valley, CA
www.nexgenvapor.com
If you want a great, reliable tube that fires at the correct voltages, displays volts and ohms, and maintains power throughout the battery life, pick up a standard LT from Kevin. I've got one of his black chromes, which I dislike, and this one which I love. Looks like an L-Rider but behaves like a Provari, so I'm not sure who makes it. In any case, it's a terrific device at an even better price.

4matic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 11, 2011
CA
Cross my fingers as I've just place an order for the chrome V2 YJ mini. It's cheap going for only USD$26. And waiting for my Vmax V2 from another side. Will give some feedback if it reach here at my door step. Probably in 2 weeks time.

Do you mind me asking where you ordered the Chrome YJ Mini?

billherbst

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2010
Columbia, Missouri
www.billherbst.com
Some weeks ago, I got my replacement Young-June black Chrome Mini Vtube from Kevin at FreE-cigs. He bench-tested the one I sent back and it did the same thing to him that it did to me---began firing by itself. Bad chip.

The replacement is supposedly a revision with a redesigned top connector, but I'm using a shorty 510-extension adapter just to make sure that the connector doesn't get stressed. So far, so good. I was hoping for improved battery life, but this one, like the first, eats 18350 batteries like there's no tomorrow. Oh well, such is life.

godspeed1208

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2012
Lion City
I have a LT from young june as in post one, first i noticed that some mentioned that they have 5 bars to show their battery level? Mine only has 4 bars(on full charge). Why is that? And yes the batt last only 3-4 hours for my vape past.

Also another thing i have noticed is that , when charging with the charger it came with the lights are red on the charger(when batt is drained). It would show green when it's charged or near to full charge. But if i do not switch the power off when it turns green .. the green light would go off(no more light). Does this mean the charger have some kind of self protection and cut off the power to prevent over charge?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread