My Newbie Review of my two new e-cigs, Volcano Inferno Tank, and Bloog Maxx Fusion

Status
Not open for further replies.

stalebird

Apr 9, 2009
So, after some time (2 years or so) away from vaping due to terrible experience with the very dated NJoy NPro, I started researching again. Like most of us, I spent nothing short of a trillion and half hours or more watching the youtube reviews, trying to figure out what an 808 vs a 510 vs a 3 piece unit vs a tank vs a drip tip, vs OH MY GOD THERE'S SO MUCH TO LEARN! I have to give thanks to "MainlyVapor", "Igetcha69", and mostly "FieldofVapor" for having incredibly informative, easy to understand reviews.

So, after all that reasearch, I decided to get two types: The Bloog MaxxFusion and the Volcano Inferno Tank (or "T" as it's called). I ordered both, and as far as shipping goes, Volcano is a winner. It got here in 3 days from Hawaii and I'm on the East coast. So, I got the Inferno (T) and filled a tank and took a vape. Just unbelievable as the last thing I have to compare it to is the NJoy NPro which was like sucking dirty sock vapor through a clogged tailpipe of a car. The vapor production on the Inferno was just insane. The ease to refill? Well, my dog could do it if she had thumbs. My only concern was it looks NOTHING like a cigarette, and I thought I needed that - and I still think I might. I find myself putting it down in the car when I come to a stop light because I fear someone will think it's some sort of drug (or I'm a hippie smoking a hookie when I have the USB cable attached). I know, I know, many of you don't care, or have stopped caring, or are proud that it doesn't look like a cigarette, but I do. That said, it's still great. Good Vapor Production, incredible battery life, and USB passthrough it just plain cool.

Three days later, my Bloog Fusion came. Note, I didn't say Bloog MaxxFusion, which is what I ordered. I got a regular Fusion batter (the only difference is the battery, the carotmizers are the same), with an apology note from Bloog stating they were out of stock of what I ordered and I will get the MaxxFusion battery as soon as they get in. While I would have liked to know this when I ordered, the fact that they're sending me the maxx and sent me the regular in the meantime is OK in my book. So, I took it out, popped on a cartomizer, and vaped. SHOCKINGLY, the vapor was as much as the tankomizer, and I actually love the taste. Taste is of course subjective and many on here have said they don't like the bloogs, but i do! Anywho, I can actually see myself vaping this in the car or at the bar. I love the fact that the cartos seem SUPER easy to refill (which i initially said I wanted nothing to do with refilling, but since I got the Volcano first, I ordered more juice with it and I'll try a refill). I will likely order a ton more cartos though, just for ease.

So, what's the conclusion in this mess of a post? I like them both - a lot. I'm concerned with the "tankomizer" on the Inferno being a pain to maintain - I mean, there's about 20 threads on this site just on cleaning it or pushing the wick in or out, or using needle nose plyers to take the needle out, etc. I'm one of those that wants to use vaping as a replacement for smoking, not a hobby. But the fact that the batter lasts a solid forever is plus. I just assumed the vapor on the bloog would be less, and honestly, it's not.

Oh, and one other thing the Bloog has over the Inferno? The vapor is warm, like cigarette smoke. The Volcano gives off a cool vapor. Not bad, but just like the warm vapor better. I'm ticked I didn't order the PCC, which I will now, because my only concern is a short batter life.

If I had to recommend one, I'd say the Bloog, and I don't even have the Maxx yet. After having the Inferno for a few days first, I'm honestly shocked I'm saying this becuase I like the Inferno so much. But the Bloog is just perfect for me: Convenient with disposable (and if needed refillable) cartos, great amount of WARM vapor, looks somewhat like a cigarette, and tastes great.

Not sure if this was valuable to anyone, but I know there's a TON of info out there, and I figured I'd add to the pile.

Oh, and I haven't had a cigarette in 4 days. That's after 15 years of Marb Lights.

dee5

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2009
Northwest Arkansas
Nice review Stalebird! Glad you came back to vaping. I started with the Npro too and it was enough to pique my interest but now it sits in a ziploc bag in the vaping cabinet, lol. I've heard nothing but good stuff about the Bloog and it was nice to read a comparison of that and the Inferno. Not everyone wants to carry around something extra large.

Eli Huffman

ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2011
Columbus
I too loved my Bloog, but now I buy from smokeless image, their shipping comes within 3 days from the day I ordered every time and their customer service couldn't be more helpful! Bloog shipping was so slow and I never got responses from Bloog's CS. The VOLT is the same as the Bloog, I am just trying to save people the time, money and aggravation I went through to find a product that is cheaper and performs the same =)
Good luck with you vaping journey!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread