My newly built VV Bottomfeeder (Bugatti)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Str8V8ping

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 10, 2011
NYC
So here goes . This is my best mod to date plus its a VV bottomfeeder . She came out beautiful so i had to give her a fitting name , "Bugatti" . It is powered by a OkR -T6 chip (3.25v-6.5v)
This is the same box i used for my BlackBox mod except i gave this one some major modification . You cant even tell it was the same box anymore . The modifications i did on the box is I cut the top lid in half right around the top of the lid .Then i molded the smaller piece of the lid into the bottom lid . This made for a better base for the drip well and button . I also reinforced it from inside the box by molding a piece of .080 DS Copper clad .The drip well and 510 connector is soldered into the box . The base the button and well sit on is about 1/4" thick now . Next i rounded all the corners and filled the recessed area with filler . The front cover also has a squank hole drilled out .I got everything finish sanded and sprayed with silver metallic paint . I also made a design with carbon fiber dinoc on the front and back .It feels rock solid like its made out of thick aluminum and fit my hand perfect. I added a few cool features to the mod as well . Heres whats in there :

Murata OKR-t6 chip
- 510 connector with brass drip well (yes i know brass can turn green but i will maintain it )
- 5A horn switch
- PTC fuse
-2 AW IMR 14500 batts in series
-6ml bottle
-15ga needle and food grade silicone feed tube
- Atomizer/bottle LED (High power Plcc6 white )
- Low battery status LEDs/Flashlight (Works off a internal tact switch) LEDs wont light when its below 6v(2 PLCC2 white LEDs )
-Rear Vent
-Thumbswitch with voltage levels marked on case .
-Magnetic cover (Holds nice and tight)

Heres the pic . I put my BlackBox mod in the pics too to show how different the box looks after modding it .

bu7.jpg

IMG_6110.jpg

lflll.jpg

lfl.jpg

lfll.jpg

bu5.jpg

bu4.jpg

bu2.jpg

bg1.jpg

bg7.jpg

bg2.jpg

bg3.jpg

bg12.jpg

bg13.jpg

bg6.jpg

bu6.jpg

bg11.jpg

bg10.jpg

bg8.jpg

bg5.jpg

fine.jpg

Been vaping it all day and its awesome . My first time trying a bottom feeder . Im using it with a carto right now but it tops off easily .

Edit: Just tried it with a atty and filled bottle and it works great . Its a little flooded on the first hit but the second hit is perfect . The juice in the drip well go right back into the atty . :) Btw it is like the reo design in which the feed tube is flush with the 510 hole and not sticking out . I noticed if i hit the button with out pulling on the first one every hit is perfect . Also if its a little dry a pull without pressing the button keeps it wet . I havent got any juice in my mouth yet so thats a plus .

Feedback ? :)

Last edited:

Rainz

ECF Veteran
Sep 15, 2011
Winnipeg, Canada
Wow! ... she's a beaut!

A few Qs;

1) Where's the needle... can we get a look inside that cup? ...and how did you secure it in place?

2) Do you think the plastic feed tube will eventually melt, being so close to the heat source?

3) Do you plan on making more of these for sale? [would definitely be interested] ...thx for this post!

Str8V8ping

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 10, 2011
NYC
Heres some specs on the silicone feed tube . SHould be able to handle any heat over there . I actually dripped a bit of solder on it by accident and it didnt hurt it .

-Made from FDA-sanctioned ingredients
-Able to resist extreme temperature variation: -100°F to 500°F
-Translucent natural color for visual contact with the flow
-Resilient, stretchable, and resistant to compression set
-Odorless, tasteless, and inert
-Good electrical and weatherability properties — resists U.V., ozone, gases, and moisture
-Certified by the National Sanitation Foundation (NSF-51)

1/16" I.D. Silicone Tubing - Temperature Rated to 500F | eBay

Heres a few pics of the feed system . The needle is only about 1/2" long and stops at the opening of the hole . Its soldered in there with the positive wire . The silicone tube fits over the 15g tightly . I also filled the rest of the connector with a resin .
mm.jpg

mmmm.jpg

mmm.jpg

Heres what the tube looks like inside the connector . This is a different one i was working on but its the same as what i used in this mod .I didnt remove the center post on this mod .
lkkkkk.jpg

I wont be making these for sale . I may possibly trade one down the road . I only have one of those boxes left and cant get more . Thanks for the compliments

SO far while vaping it i noticed the juice doesnt really go up into the drip well but instead goes straight into the atty through the airholes. You can see a little juice right around the edges of the atty .I got the sqounking down where it doesnt flood and gets a good pull everytime . Works flawlessly .

Last edited:

Str8V8ping

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 10, 2011
NYC
I want this!!!

If you had to guesstimate, how much did this cost you to build?

Id say with a quick calculation around 25 bucks and stuff i had lying around the house . I own a LED retrofitting company so i had most componants in stock from work like all the LEDs,resistors,copper clad, wire ,battery holder ,pot,paint ,box and carbon fiber . The rest i bought for the project . Price not including the IMR batt . I did buy a bunch of stuff at once though so out of that 25 bucks i can build a few more of these .

Btw paint work was done with automotive basecoat/clearcoat sprayed with a HVLP gun . I love this thing . I think this is gonna my fav mod for a long time . It looks so sleek and feels so solid plus performs perfectly .I was going to use a single 18650 and a 4050c chip but the cover wouldnt close with the 18650 so since i had to take it apart i upgraded to the okr-t chip which can handle almost anything thrown at it .

Last edited:

Str8V8ping

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 10, 2011
NYC
Nice job! When are you making one for me?

lol sorry its almost one of a kind . I have only one more of those boxes and then there are none left in existence . The manufacturer discontinued them years ago and i had a couple left over from the control boards i used to make at work

Col. Gaunt

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2009
Chicago, IL
lol sorry its almost one of a kind . I have only one more of those boxes and then there are none left in existence . The manufacturer discontinued them years ago and i had a couple left over from the control boards i used to make at work

So who is getting the 2nd box? I bid 70.00

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread