My nord all of a sudden burnt

Status
Not open for further replies.

4hian

Sep 14, 2019
Hello! Yesterday before I left my house, my smok Nord was perfectly fine. It was hitting nicely, and the coil had only been in there for about a week. I turned it off and put it in my car for a bit, and when I went back to hit it, it was nothing like it was before. It was hitting A LOT at a time, and it was very very loud; reminded me more of mod than a pod system. Also, my coil was suddenly burnt. It’s hitting smooth like a new coil, but it burns the back of my throat super super bad. Now, I already ordered a new pod and new coils but, is this something wrong with my Nord itself? Or do you think it’ll all be well when I replace the coil?

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
It might just seem to be hitting too hard due to the burnt coil. But if it’s actually hitting harder than it should, I would think something is wrong with the device.

You could try a new coil, but be careful not to get another big burnt hit.

Normally I’d say some anti-Smok thing right about now, but Nords seem pretty well liked. I’d bet that breaking for no apparent reason might be rather on par for about any pod system. Best to have a back up or three ready.

kross8

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2016
stuck in a squishy pod called my brain
Hello! Yesterday before I left my house, my Smok Nord was perfectly fine. It was hitting nicely, and the coil had only been in there for about a week. I turned it off and put it in my car for a bit, and when I went back to hit it, it was nothing like it was before. It was hitting A LOT at a time, and it was very very loud; reminded me more of mod than a pod system. Also, my coil was suddenly burnt. It’s hitting smooth like a new coil, but it burns the back of my throat super super bad. Now, I already ordered a new pod and new coils but, is this something wrong with my Nord itself? Or do you think it’ll all be well when I replace the coil?
My husband's Nord went into a thermal runaway mode after a month of light use. I told him to avoid the brand,, he ignored me,, not now

• Agree
Reactions: TrollDragon

vaper1960

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2019
California, US
I agree about leaving it in the car (heat) What is the VG/PG ratio of the juice? 50/50 will get very thin in hot environment. BTW, I lost my Aspire Pockex in my car for weeks and it was very hot temps with the windows up. It still worked but the battery was never like it used to be (wouldn't hold charge as long)
Did you order another Nord? If you ever want to get some better (but still handy to carry around) check out Geekvape Frenzy. Last thing... always prime a new coil by doing "primer puffs" (draw air without firing) Helps prevent burnt taste. I actually do this between vapes anyway.

kross8

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2016
stuck in a squishy pod called my brain
i like ur perceptions .... continue it.
What frustrates me is over the years I carefully bought 2 of everything,, 1 for me & 1 for him. He had no interest in vaping,,, but in January he just switched vaping to everyone surprise,,,,, with a pod system! He wont touch the stronger gear I bought even after I explained to him that we can adjust the whole experience to near what he gets with a pod via the coil builds, nic, wattage etc. Nope,, he is sticking with the pods,, ok,, well dont buy that Smok brand,,it has a bad rep....... A few weeks later he comes home with a brand new Nord!--- after it broke I laughed so hard and made his moment of frustration even worse.

I asked him,, Have I ever given you bad advice? Have you noticed I prefer nicer stuff?... Let that sink in. He said,,, 'note to self,, if she warns me about something,, heed that advice"

LaZeR

ECF Veteran
Aug 21, 2013
USA & Canada
Hello! Yesterday before I left my house, my Smok Nord was perfectly fine. It was hitting nicely, and the coil had only been in there for about a week. I turned it off and put it in my car for a bit, and when I went back to hit it, it was nothing like it was before. It was hitting A LOT at a time, and it was very very loud; reminded me more of mod than a pod system. Also, my coil was suddenly burnt. It’s hitting smooth like a new coil, but it burns the back of my throat super super bad. Now, I already ordered a new pod and new coils but, is this something wrong with my Nord itself? Or do you think it’ll all be well when I replace the coil?
@4hian Please NEVER vape with a Burnt or Dry or FlavorLESS taste!! It's unpleasant, bad for your lungs & throat, and the taste will NOT improve.

I firmly believe your issue is the result of BAD or DEFECTIVE Smok Nord coils. Unfortunately there's nothing we can do other than change your coil OFTEN, or try 3rd Party After Market coils of which I just ordered a bunch, OR, abandon Smok/tech all together.

Might be able to offer some credibility around this coz I just recently bought TWENTY NEW genuine Smok Nord coils in the past couple of weeks from various authorized dealers. All are 1.4 Ohm / 15 Regular coils / 5 Ceramic. Additionally have a couple 0.6 sub Ohm MESH lying around but ain't tried 'em yet. eLiquid is 70-PG/30-VG, or 50/50 Nic Salts.

IMO Smok Nord coils are seriously theee worst in the industry. I'm royally ticked off that every 2nd Smok Nord coil is DEFECTIVE or GOES BAD after just a COUPLE of DAYS of use. Many have the same complaint. EACH coil is supposed to last AT LEAST one week, and with a nominal amount of vaping around 1.5 weeks. Ceramic is more airy and worse than Regular.

Smoktech should NOT be doing this to customers who TRUST them and buy their products. You get a 5-pack of coils for $10 to $15 but in reality you get ONLY two good coils. Smok should know better and should be ashamed of this disservice, inconvenience, and waste of money.

PS >>> if you're a Pod or AIO user, and also ticked off by the low QC of Smok Nord COILS, please email Smoktech Customer Support!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread