Status
Not open for further replies.

RedFox

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2012
On the edge of insanity..
Hello! I wanted to show off my new tank mod. I did a quick search and didn't see one like this....if I missed it I am sorry and please remove. I will do a full write up in a few days if there is enough interest.

Basically, I have a new 3VO/SVR coming to me in a couple days and wanted a polished stainless/aluminum tank to top it off. As I started looking into purchasing a tank I soon realized that I didn't want to spend that kind of money.

So without further ado...

RedFox

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2012
You're quite welcome! When my device comes in I'll post a couple pics of the final version of the mod as this was a quick prototype. Thinking of incorporating the screw on cap that comes with it for quick fill method.

FYI - There is no sliding (at least not very easily) with the current setup. That is the only thing that I don't like about my DCT.

RedFox

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2012
@ UnFettered_Soul It's really not that hard to make, but the tools would definitely be a problem. At minimum you'd need a drill w/drill bits, vise grips, and a Dremel with cutoff wheel.

Got my EVO in and while I like the look of the tank on it...I might revisit the drawing board on my design a bit. I'm not a fan of the huge gap between the tank and the device. This might look really good on something that has a bit more of a recessed connection.

trepalium

I'm a Panda
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2012
Indianapolis, IN
hoosiervapers.com
@ UnFettered_Soul It's really not that hard to make, but the tools would definitely be a problem. At minimum you'd need a drill w/drill bits, vise grips, and a Dremel with cutoff wheel.

Got my EVO in and while I like the look of the tank on it...I might revisit the drawing board on my design a bit. I'm not a fan of the huge gap between the tank and the device. This might look really good on something that has a bit more of a recessed connection.

Why not just use an ego thread cover to flush out the gap. They're only a few bucks. I use them with my DCT all the time.

RedFox

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2012
Well, back to the drawing board... :( After a few days of use and about 5 refills the bottom insert started to break down causing little rubber fragments to clog up the carto. So sad as I really liked the look of my creation. If I figure out a way to resolve the issue, I will definitely do a complete write up. Sorry guys/gals...

Red

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread