My "plea" to suppliers/manufacturers

Status
Not open for further replies.

SudokuGal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 15, 2009
USA-Florida
Don't forget about us who do not want big devices or mods - please continue to improve and provide cig-size devices.

Some of us STILL want to simulate using the real thing. I've been vaping for over a year. Started out with a Smokestik and quickly moved on to other things since that just wasn't cutting it.

That started my journey through a few mods...all of them pretty decent and they fulfilled the need of longevity of battery and better vapor/taste. Yet, I couldn't give up smoking as well (you just can't beat the conveniece).

As I became discouraged with having to keep contacts super clean and some other little annoying aspects of mods, the eGo came along. WOW...a proprietary device that worked well.

The eGo led me to me to buy more "tornegos" (especially the extended ones) and the Hello battery...all greatly enhanced with the LR306 atty...almost (I repeat ALMOST) felt I'd found my perfect setup. I don't care that they're proprietary batteries and will eventually die (though I've been extremely lucky in having some over six months)...they are more reliable. (By the way, I've personally never felt the need for any mod that has variable settings and other bells and whistles...mainly because I don't like the look and feel of something larger.)

Then I just got tired of pushing the button and thought I'd try an automatic again...purchased some auto KR808s which I used with cartomizers for when I was out and about (at home, I was dripping). Of course, the charge doesn't last long, especially for a heavy vaper like me. But they fulfilled that need for "close to the real thing."

Then along comes the ceramic E2 cartomizers!!!! I was late to the game on these given the problems with them (and can't wait to see the improvements with Rev4) but I absolutely love these things...I use the XL ones (both kr808 and 510 ones). These made me want more automatic batteries (mega 510s). I was surprised how hard it was to find them...not many suppliers are carrying them anymore.

Having trouble finding auto 510s made me start to worry that a decent automatic would disappear. I hope this never becomes the case because I think there is still a market for them. I live near a lot of retirees who are making the transition and they prefer automatics...some due to arthritis that makes it difficult to push a button, some due to, being like me, simply want a replacement that is as "close to the real thing as possible."

There may be others who would also return to an automatic if they continued to improve...without becoming too large and without being too difficult to deal with. (Although I love the E2s, most old folks would have trouble refilling them...I practicallly need a magnifying glass to do it.)

So, please do not give up on this segment of the market! Please continue carrying/working on an automatic that has better battery life (or make them so affordable that people on fixed incomes can buy several)...continue working on the cartomizers so that they last longer but are easier to refill.

Thanks for listening (I hope :))!!!

AttyPops

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
Hc Svnt Dracones - USA EST
I'd second the desire for convenient compact batteries. I hope the manufacturers keep innovating. I use mods now, for their longer battery life.

To the OP: I'm encouraged by the nano tech (or other higher density) battery research going on everywhere. The electric/hybrid cars, cell phones, laptops, gadgets, etc. market needs battery life and the e-cig market will benefit from it too. I think we'll see a standard battery last all day long within 10 years. Can't speak to the carto thing yet. The auto batteries that I have use a flow switch, not a microphone switch, so they work OK.

ashora

ECF Veteran
Sep 17, 2010
fulton,ny
i agree!!! just picked up two 808 kits. both with auto batts. my bf is legally blind. so a manual battery would not be good. glad you like the 808. love the fact there batts have a vacuum switch in stead of being sound activated like most other auto batts are. i want to pick some of these up. if needed. there longer but not huge lol http://www.litecigusa.net/product_p/808dxlbat.htm

I use a t-rex and a Vgo and that is the biggest I would go. I don't want to carry around a huge device. I agree that a small and powerful unit is the best. I do not leave my home often so I do not have to worry about a battery that lasts for two days! Please, don't forget us - I agree with that.

PVPuff&Stuff

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 27, 2009
Bishop, California, United States
Only carry Joye 510 and Stick items, but I've decided to stop carrying automatic batteries. They just don't seem to hold up as well as the manuals, and customers really don't seem to like them. I would be willing to give them another try if the switch is improved... With the automatics prone to fire on their own, the majority of the complaints seem to be about perceived battery life. When it's going off on your desk or when the wind blows, it does seem like the battery doesn't hold as much of a charge. Know what you're saying though...I like using an automatic from time to time. Just wish the switches were better.

Skud

ECF Veteran
Sep 30, 2010
South Florida
www.powerstationstudios.com
i find the kr808 vacuum switch to be perfect. never misfires (i could hold it out my car window doing 70 on the highway, no joke), never fails to fire, and the overall feel, convenience, and operation of an 808 seems to be closer to analogs than anything. granted i generally keep several charged batteries (and full cartos) with me if i'm going out all night, and i have to change the battery a few times a day at home, but for replicating an analog as close as possible, it's as good as it gets IMO. the batteries will get better with time, no doubt. but it's definitely something the manufacturers need to stay on top of and not push to the side for "chuck" or "prodigy" style mega-vapes. i think many people would be perfectly content with nothing but an 808 if the battery lasted twice as long and pushed out a tad more voltage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread