My Prodigy V3.1 6V review

Status
Not open for further replies.

makasin

ECF Veteran
Feb 22, 2010
San Diego
Hey guys!
I just recieved a brand spankin new media blasted 6v kit. I LOVE this thing. The button is fantastic, the fit and finish is beautiful, the materials are top notch. To compare it, I have an old Xhaler that I got from a forum member here, a few hello16 batteries, and an E-Power kit. This is my first 6V device and I have only had it for a day but so far I am loving it. It is soooooo much better than any device I have used. Not just because Im vaping at 6V with a 3.2 ohm atomizer, but simply because the thing fires every time and just feels so sexy. It's a total pleasure to vape and impresses anyone who sees it.

In terms of reliability, I cannot obviously claim that itll work for years and years yet, but it seems to be the case. Compared to my Xhaler mod, the button is miles better, simpler, and more clever-er-er. The Xhaler requires me to push down the button as hard as I possibly can just to get maybe 70% reliability in vaping. Sometimes it fires, sometimes it weakly fires, sometimes it doesnt fire at all. It makes my Xhaler look and feel "ghetto" IMO. Also, gone are the days of cutoff times, inability to use atomizers under 2.5 ohms (like my epower, but thats probably more the batt than the switch) and the frustration of not knowing if itll work every time. I have only been using it for maybe 4 hours but already my atomizer is tasting clean and is broken in. When I was doing 3.7V, for whatever reason, I had a lot of trouble getting primer off the atomizers and maintaining a tasty vape. It seems that 6V is the sweet spot for 3-ish ohm atomizers and the vapor/flavor such a coctail produces is full, tasty, warm, with TONS of awesome vapor, even with my PG liquids.

The atomizer bundled with my V3.1 is amazing too. The primer was easy to get out, and it "just works" giving me a good balance between intensity and power draw. OHhhh man is this thing sweet.

Compared to my Xhaler, Epower, Hello016, and stock 510 battery, this thing destroys them all in every way. The design of the thing even makes me happy. It feels like a Macbook Pro compared to a bottom barrel PC laptop. I have nothing against windows, I have a desktop running it and have used M$ OSes since I was 7 yrs old, Im just talking about the subjective "user experience." It makes me feel fancy and high tech and gives me one of these every time I use it: :vapor:...:laugh:...:p

Also, the juice that came with it, Pure Smoker Tonic Hard Cider is a dream to vape. It tastes EXACTLY like the real thing and I dont use that term lightly. Although I do have some concerns with cinnamon essence in juices thanks to some threads on here claiming it melts plastics, Im gonna vape this bottle and be done with it... maybe. The juice is top notch guys.

Overall, I would give Pure Smoker, as a vendor a 5/5. It seems to be one of the most dependable vendors (so far, judging by my first order) in terms of the products they sell. Thier PVs are stellar, the atomizers they sell are awesome, and at least one of their juices are amazing.

Here are the numbers:

[Prodigy V3.1 6V Kit]
Fit/Finish: 9.5/10 - It's simply beautiful, everything threads nicely (not like my E-power squeakiness... god its awful) and the tube seems like it was designed especially for the batteries that I got. Just a tiny nitpick: the batteries jiggle ever so slightly.
Materials: 9.9/10 - Everything is solid and made of stainless steel. Not much in there to corrode or lose performance/luster over time. It's not 10 cause it's not made out of solid titanium for 85 bucks haha.
Switch: 9.5/10 - I dont quite have any complaints really, I love the simplicity and the action. It feels solid, the locking mechanism is great. No problems at all, fires every time so far.

Atomizer connection: 8.5/10 - Kinda different design from what ive seen before. I like that the holes of the atomizer are above the threads, so you dont have to line up the holes with cutouts like on all devices I have used so far. Only thing is that it may not work with all atomizers, but none of my devices Ive used have fit on everything under the sun, so it's almost expected but kinda a bummer that manufacturers can't have tighter tolerances or agree on what a 510 connection structurally looks like. I dig the juice well and the airflow.

6V vaping: 9/10 - I can see how people could easily pop attys with this thing. It makes the atomizer really hot if long drags are taken. Ihave been pulsing the switch and I dont need to activate it for more than a second or two. The battery hasnt quit yet.

Whole package: 9/10 - the packaging is nice but it doesnt come in a sexy box or carrying case, just a bunch of bubble wrap, kinda expected. The PV is awesome as is the atomizer that comes with it. Plus, I think most ppl get samples of juice, which is pretty sweet. The hard cider is kickass.

Thanks for reading my long ... post :blink:

The Prodigy V3.1 @ 6V was my first PV, and I have to say that I was extremely impressed with the workmanship and performance. I bought the kit with the 801/BE112 adapter on it, along with several penstyle atties, and am pleased with it. I did--out of curiosity--order the 510 adapter and several Joye 510 atties, to see what the fuss about 510 is all about; however, in comparing it against my wife's 510, I'll probably make the 112 my main vape kit.

In comparing it against the other PVs I've seen out here, I think that I made the best choice possible for my personal wants and needs.

My only remaining desire (outside of a stellar RY4) is to have a second Prodigy as a back-up for those times when things might go wrong; although, with the simplicity of the design, I really don't expect much in the way of trouble out of the device.

Bekinder

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 29, 2009
Oklahoma
I bought a like new Prodigy V3 and other than user error; it's been wonderful for months and months. Even ordered another V3 back-up this past week. After 2 years of wasting money on some of the other units I bought...the little ones, burning up many attys; this V3 blows away much of the competition. I feel I can relax quite a bit on spending; and with ordering Halo; I'm in hog heaven!

anim8r

ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2009
DC
I bought a like new Prodigy V3 and other than user error; it's been wonderful for months and months. Even ordered another V3 back-up this past week. After 2 years of wasting money on some of the other units I bought...the little ones, burning up many attys; this V3 blows away much of the competition. I feel I can relax quite a bit on spending; and with ordering Halo; I'm in hog heaven!

I agree!

I've never owned a V2, but I've had my V3 for about a year now and it looks and fires like it was brand new. I clean it maybe once a month.

My original Protege is a little beat up after 2 years of use, but it's my office vape and it still works like it did the first day. Though, you need to clean the protege every couple of weeks.

I also own and have bought several Icons as gifts. No one has ever told me they had a problem with them.

I've never had an issue with PureSmoker products. Tough as nails

makasin

ECF Veteran
Feb 22, 2010
San Diego
seriously man, hats of toPS. Their products are simply amazing. My v3 is still rockin my socks off each time I hit the button. I just love the mechanics, feel, and attention to detail. I've had many different batteries over the years and this one is the only one that works always as intended and also looks sexy. I'm an electrical engineer, so I really appreciatethings that are done well and properly implemented. I'm a puresmoker fan for life

merlin440

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2010
ohio
Just got mine today, so far love it, solid product. Only complaint I might have is well 6v is a much harsher voltage I can see why most people like it though, it does change the flavor of what you vape. Second would be although i love the stop switch simple turn and it's off, it does easily get turned to a point that it doesn't hit. No huge issue a learning curve.

Last my one real complaint would be the battery life, I'm a heavy heavy vaper, I get maybe 3-4 hours out of it, just long enough for the batteries to recharge.

If you are looking for a SOLID product though to give you 6v and size is important, this product is by far best on the market. It will not fail you, hits every time, and when the batts die, you'll know it :)

Great job overall PS!

merlin440

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2010
ohio
Oh yeah lastly I'm torn on the whole bottom switch, glad i waited for this version that i can stand it up, but the whole bottom button feels "odd" and as my wife said, in childs hands (she's really small) it feels odd. Unlike say the eGo the button is in the middle so she can simply worry about hitting a small area, the Prodigy she has to force her hand down to the bottom so at least for her, this in not the vape solution she was hoping for, instead she's sold on the Ali.

Last edited:

Goldenkobold

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2010
Florida
Last my one real complaint would be the battery life, I'm a heavy heavy vaper, I get maybe 3-4 hours out of it, just long enough for the batteries to recharge.

If you are looking for a SOLID product though to give you 6v and size is important, this product is by far best on the market. It will not fail you, hits every time, and when the batts die, you'll know it :)

Great job overall PS!

You don't have to use the Prodigy at 6v, I use it as a 3.7 17670 mod and the battery life is stellar even running LR atomizers on it.

Bottom switches are a love it or hate it thing though, I tend to like them more than any other some prefer side mounted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread