My PV Belt Holster Experiment

Status
Not open for further replies.

tcgenius

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2013
Westmont, IL
So after reading some posts in another thread earlier today (e cig holder idea), I was looking on google to see if I could find a picture of the case. As I was scrolling through images of the various styles of holsters, pouches, lanyards, and cases, I noticed that a lot of them look like flashlight holsters. Several of the people participating in the other thread had also mentioned flashlight holders.

Then I got to thinking.... :rolleyes: I have a high quality leather flashlight holster somewhere. It used to belong to a police officer friend of mine. I started digging around in my drawers to see if I could find it. There it was... At the bottom depths of the junk drawer where "stuff" goes to die, I found it. It is the perfect size for a larger PV such as a Tesla with an RBA.

After looking at it i decided that it could work, but it would be easy for a device to slip out if it were tilted and I also didn't want the RBA to get damaged. It needed a way to protect and secure the device when it was not in use. :confused: I did some more digging around, and in the same drawer and I found a broken sunglasses strap. I used it to fashion a safety strap and create some extra padding at the top of the holster. It looks like it could do the trick. I wasn't really looking for a PV holster today, but it sort of came together as I was reading the thread. Can anyone say serendipity? I will try it out for a day and see how it goes... Here are some pictures. Let me know what you think, or if you have any suggestions.

IMG_0010.jpg IMG_0017.jpg IMG_0013.jpg IMG_0015.jpg IMG_0014.jpg

Last edited:

tcgenius

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2013
Westmont, IL
Thanks TomCatt... Those are really nice. I like the way that the holes are cut so you can access the buttons. The only thing that I don't like about mine and the ones being sold on that page is that there is not really any good way to protect the atty. I know that it would be hard to do that because there are so many varying shapes and sizes of head units. I have always been very particular about holsters and cases. Most of the things that require them are delicate and expensive. I think it comes from 8 years of military school. Everything is supposed to have its own safe place. :laugh: Ok, and there is some functional OCD at play too. I like to make things "better" What do you use and how do you cary it with you when you are not at home?

MsComptrtchr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2013
Tucson, it's a dry heat
Subbing this post - I really want to know how to carry this Vamo and eVic - they are slippery little suckers. I'd prefer a lanyard (in case it slips out of my hands.) I know they're pretty heavy and cumbersome for a lanyard and I'd look like a geek, but I need something for carrying around home at least. Any homemade ideas??

EDIT: tc - I like where you are going with your homemade idea. I def. need "safety straps" lol.

Last edited:

tcgenius

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2013
Westmont, IL
Lanyards ar the way to go for convenience. The problem with the big PV,s it that they can hurt when they swing around and wack you in the face... :facepalm: LOL. I would like to do the same thing. tj99959, your setup is pretty sweet. It would be pretty easy to attach a neck strap to something like that. Someone had also suggested a shoulder strap. Its fun to tinker.

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    Lanyards ar the way to go for convenience. The problem with the big PV,s it that they can hurt when they swing around and wack you in the face... :facepalm: LOL. I would like to do the same thing. tj99959, your setup is pretty sweet. It would be pretty easy to attach a neck strap to something like that. Someone had also suggested a shoulder strap. Its fun to tinker.

I do that from time to time, but a Provari can get a little heavy hanging from the neck after a while.

P1000682_zpsc6352b56.jpg

TomCatt

Da Catt
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 8, 2011
    Upland, PA
    Thanks TomCatt... Those are really nice. I like the way that the holes are cut so you can access the buttons. The only thing that I don't like about mine and the ones being sold on that page is that there is not really any good way to protect the atty. I know that it would be hard to do that because there are so many varying shapes and sizes of head units. I have always been very particular about holsters and cases. Most of the things that require them are delicate and expensive. I think it comes from 8 years of military school. Everything is supposed to have its own safe place. :laugh: Ok, and there is some functional OCD at play too. I like to make things "better" What do you use and how do you cary it with you when you are not at home?

Usually either in my hand or in a pocket, never could get used to any type of belt holster :D

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

oneforpeace

Verified Member
    Oct 29, 2013
    Mill Spring, NC, USA

Attachments

• WP_20131107_13_11_29_Pro-0000.jpg
      WP_20131107_13_11_29_Pro-0000.jpg
      22.6 KB · Views: 405
    • WP_20131107_13_11_19_Pro-0003.jpg
      WP_20131107_13_11_19_Pro-0003.jpg
      22.1 KB · Views: 265