Status
Not open for further replies.

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
Im posting this because I wanted to share my response to the "Boge official statement regarding the problem with their cartos. This is what I posted because this is just making me so frustrated.
I just got an order from health cabin and they are not the same as they used to be. They have the 2 short silicone caps, they look different, they have larger center pin hole, they taste bad after a while, I dont understand all the vendors are getting inconsistent products. Some vendors have had some of the good ones and slowly their new stock is replaced by the inferior boge cartomizers. What is happening, not every single user is either new, or doesn't know how to use them. All your explanations on your official statement sounds like denials, or blame on some users that have been using them for years not days.I will send you photos of all the different packaging. Either someone is lying or denying something, or your distributors are being hijacked by someone selling them counterfeits? Are all us users under some sort of mass hysteria and delusional? Is our juice tainted by some sort of hallucinogen? Im sorry but there is SOMETHING going on. Im sorry if I sound frustrated but I am not the only one. You can type in Boge and you will get dozens of posts regarding the problems. If you do a search on google by entering Boge problems and can come up with dozens of posts on the decline of quality from this forum and others out there. Are we all crazy? We were certainty crazy about your products and are frustrated and confused as to how a company with a worldwide following can suddenly over a few months have sooooo many quality control problems/changes and not come up with a better explanation. This is NOT an attack on Health Cabin they are just a vendor and cant do anything about what they get from your company. Are they being tricked by whoever they are ordering from? Is someone out there committing a fraud by pretending to be the Boge manufacturer? Im out the price of 4 boxes from Health Cabin and 24.00 from the purchase from surevapes. I know there are others out there that have spend hundreds on them only to have to toss 80% in the trash. I was going to buy a 50 box special from Vapor Beast that posted a statement that the boge they sell are guaranteed to be genuine and that they have been dealing directly with your company. They had been stocking the ones with the long and short silicone rubber caps and the little nipple for a while now, but with their new restock they recieved the ones with the 2 short rubber caps, so I didnt get them. All the vendors which have been getting the good ones are all slowly getting new stock of the bad ones. I can only see if they vendors start to get all the phone calls asking for refunds or stop getting orders at all, they will stop carrying your product, I would if I started getting angry customers. I suppose only then will your company acknowledge that there is a PROBLEM. It is especailly sad that some new customers out there experiencing the much hailed Boge cartomizers will never experience what they should be. Did you change your product because they were TOO good? I suppose that maybe because they were designed to be a throw away item you didnt like that people were getting weeks of use and some people were actually able to reuse them and clean them and getting more weeks of life? I guess that is what happens when a product is too good and the manufacturer wants to sell even more and doesn't want something to last. Again I feel sorry for all the vendors out there that are in the mercy of the manufacturer. THey are the ones that ultimately pay as their reputation gets ruined and their customers leave them only to find that other boge vendors have the same inferior items. I guess we all have to start all over again and find a cartomizer company that is satisfactory. I also feel bad for all the customers that have purchased all their equipment based on your cartomizers such as myself. I spent about 80 dollars on various pyrex tanks for the use of boge cartomizers.

Again this is not blaming any vendor out there nor Health Cabin, I feel for the vendors and it is not their fault.

fieldh0

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2012
South Central Mississippi
I think a relatively new market, like this, has a good idea, produces it, is successful and makes a lot of people happy. When this cycle is in full swing the Asian market sees this, copies the design, and the production standards are lost in a cheaper market. When the original manufacturer sees the successful sales of the Asian market and realizes they are having trouble competing with slave and child labor and cheaper, shoddy material costs, they give up and give in. Some will try to recover by out sourcing their raw or basic materials from suppliers in other countries. These cheap imitations then destroy the customer's faith in the quality of the product and here we are. Looking for another design.

RayN

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2012
Texas
Personally, I think it's just a case of a bad batch being sent out. Boge may or may not switch back to the old style condoms. Most likely if they do, it won't be until their current stock is depleted.
Looking for the old style condoms at this point simply means you're looking for someone that has old stock on hand, since they haven't shipped from Boge that way in at least 4 months.

KForrester86

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2012
Columbia, PA
ah, so this is why I haven't been using my MiniSub tank. I originally bought mine with 2 cartomizers and one came pre installed. The installed Boge was great, the other two were junk. real airy draw, little to no vapor and flavor.

I ordered more and they came with long/short caps. The two I initially ordered with my tank had the same size caps.. strange. The guts of both cartos look the same, not sure what all they could change in a tiny cartomizer like this and screw it up.

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
Yeap, Im looking for old stock, I just got in a couple boxes from a local vendor, it has the long and short caps. It kills me to pay 8 bucks, plus tax but at least I know these are good ones. I want to buy more, but I hate to spend so much. I wanted so much to buy from RayN at valley vapes, I kinda feel a loyalty to vendors that treat me so well. I might go ahead and get some from RayN just to see how the supply he has performs, I feel that if they can go thru at least one tank full of juice with out taste going south or burning out, Id be happy.

Cowboy Cru

Moved On
Mar 24, 2012
Yea, my Boges actually have the old condoms, but still suck. What happened? I believe I am switching to Kanger. Although they seem to be harder to find and more expensive. But, I need a good vape. I notice some people say Kanger has a funny taste, but my Kanger 808's kick ...! But I hate adapters and need 510. So, hopefully for me, Kanger uses the same products in their 510's!

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
Yea, my Boges actually have the old condoms, but still suck. What happened? I believe I am switching to Kanger. Although they seem to be harder to find and more expensive. But, I need a good vape. I notice some people say Kanger has a funny taste, but my Kanger 808's kick ...! But I hate adapters and need 510. So, hopefully for me, Kanger uses the same products in their 510's!
I dont know which kangers you are thinking of getting but if its the 510 horizontal coils DONT! I just got one as a sample with an order and it is god AWFUL. Horrible vape, horrible taste and the smell. It smells like moldy water. The flavor is indescribable, muted almost nothing, and its making my throat scratchy. What really sucks is I filled it with one of my favorite juice and I feel bad for wasting about 1ml of juice. My poor Rawr poison. Another thing that makes me upset, is that I actually placed an order for them from valley vapors 2boxes. I really hope they let me exchange them, since I havent even received the order yet. 15.00 bucks worth of junk. I hope this helps.

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
I just ordered those also, I have never used them but I have seen some post regarding other ex boge users mentioning that the Ressurectors were great , so I figured the juniors were the same but shorter. I hope these are good, I also ordered some boge fusions but they are 901s so I got a 510 to 901 adapter. I also hear the Ikenvape platinum cartos are excellent and designed not to ever taste burned. I want to try those, but they are hard to find. I wish us both the best of luck in finding a good carto.I did get a VIVi Nova V2.5 with the short wicks and I love it. Easy to set up and they are rebuildable atty tanks. Just fill it and go, they come with 3 different ohm heads. so far my favorite is the 2.4 that comes already on it. 1.8 was a bit warmer and the 2.8 pretty much the same as 2.4. I use it on a 3.7v KGO and its very nice. You might like it and its pretty cheap. you can either buy new atty heads for about 3 dollars or you can rebuild them yourself.

Cowboy Cru

Moved On
Mar 24, 2012
I dont know which kangers you are thinking of getting but if its the 510 horizontal coils DONT! I just got one as a sample with an order and it is god AWFUL. Horrible vape, horrible taste and the smell. It smells like moldy water. The flavor is indescribable, muted almost nothing, and its making my throat scratchy. What really sucks is I filled it with one of my favorite juice and I feel bad for wasting about 1ml of juice. My poor Rawr poison. Another thing that makes me upset, is that I actually placed an order for them from valley vapors 2boxes. I really hope they let me exchange them, since I havent even received the order yet. 15.00 bucks worth of junk. I hope this helps.

Thanks! That does help. I was going to get the bottom horizontal coil 510's. That is the same setup (I think) they put in their 808's which I Love. I may need to explore if something different is going on with their 510's! Thanks again.

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
Well never having used any Kangers, unfortunatly this has become my first impression and its too bad if they have been good in the past( here we go again) The one I used was a sample sent to me with an order, it was in the plastic wrap so It was sealed. Maybe it was a fluke, maybe the horizontal ones use some sort of chemical in the fibers. I threw it away in my disgust, maybe I will fish it out rinse and boil and try again to see if they chemical/mildew taste goes away. Are the horizontal syle on the kanger a new item?

Cowboy Cru

Moved On
Mar 24, 2012
Well never having used any Kangers, unfortunatly this has become my first impression and its too bad if they have been good in the past( here we go again) The one I used was a sample sent to me with an order, it was in the plastic wrap so It was sealed. Maybe it was a fluke, maybe the horizontal ones use some sort of chemical in the fibers. I threw it away in my disgust, maybe I will fish it out rinse and boil and try again to see if they chemical/mildew taste goes away. Are the horizontal syle on the kanger a new item?

No, the 808 Kangers I started on like 6 months ago were horizontal. In a way the bottom coil kinda makes sense when thought of in terms of an atty, but, I don't know. I really loved my 808's when I was still using slims. And I have seen a lot of reviews on the Kanger 510's that got higher rankings in flavor and vapor than Boge. However, a few of those reviews did mention a funny taste. But some reviewers said it went away after a fill or so.

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
Hm , that makes sense. I did fish it out of the trash, Only thing I did notice that it was a silent smooth draw, but couldnt get past the taste. Im gonna rinse it with a bit of alcohol and distilled water, let it dry and give it a go. Maybe it will take the taste away. Guess in all this mess going on with cartos lately I just got upset to quickly. But I hate the thought of having to clean and dry a good carto before use.

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
i got the deal from vapor beast cause of the statement the owner Tim put up, saying that he would stand behind them and the stock he has now. I have been using them with out problems so far. I picked on box out of the center of boxes and so far used 3 and work well. I did notice at least with me, with the really hot temps. I am using only 2 holes other than my usual 3. The heat makes the juice really viscous and it flows much faster.

mostapha

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2012
Atlanta, GA
OP, I'd like to introduce you to the enter button. I makes things more readable.

But I agree with the sentiment. I've used one good boge (belongs to a friend) but apparently it died after a few days. The thought of a carto that lasts weeks has me jonesing……I just can't fathom it.

I think I've given up on cartos entirely: smoktechs suck, and if Boge isn't going to fix theirs…then we're down to one 510 carto and one 808 carto (both from ikenvape) that people rave about (and that I havne't bothered trying yet)………how long until he can't keep up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread