My recommendation to fellow noobs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

xXSPOONEEXx

Verified Member
May 31, 2012
New Mexico
:)I wanted to make a thread for noobs to look at in paticular. Im a noob and have recieved excellent advice!

I've only been vaping a couple of weeks but I have tried alot of different cartos and such.

My recommendation for a person wanting to start vaping would be this:

1100 mah kgo kit from hoosier
KGO kit1100mAh by SLB

Ive tried the boge 2.0 LR carto and many dual cartos
along with the vision clearomizers and the dual coil cartomizer tanks with
a couple different ohm settings. and of course the attys that come with
the kgo but I personally dont like dripping.
The carto I recommend would be the 1.7 ohm from smoktech I use the stainless XL
It has given ME the best vape with my kgo so far.
5 pack of 1.7ohm single coil 510 cartomizer by Smok Tech

you will also need a drip tip...i have tried a couple but i like the feel of these
Acrylic Big Belly Drip Tips

last but not least juice

now this is something that is different for everyone.
you can get juice from hoosier, i like it and my fav so far caramel apple.
they also sell dekang which has the tobacco flavors but I dont like tobacco flavors.
I'm not going to recommend juice as taste is really different from person to person.
Hope this helps the fellow noobs!

If anyone feels the need to add something feel free to do so!

This is just my opinion as a noob...I have completely stopped smoking! Havent had a cig since my kgo came in!
I enjoy vaping very much and it is more of a hobby than a bad habit.
I would recommend this set up to anyone! I have enjoyed it alot!!!:)

bidslayer

ECF Veteran
Jun 24, 2012
Ottawa, Ontario
Great advice! I'm going to picking up the Boge 2.0 for my Riva (1100mAH) and I keep reading about the 1.7 single coil.

I've been looking for the Smoketech 1.7 single coil on a few Canadian distributors' sites but keep finding 1.5 or 2.0 and no 1.7. I'm interested in picking up a LT as well ... will the 1.5 or the 2.0 Boge cartos work on both?

Stinknugget

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2009
Philadelphia,Pa
Lets not forget the importance of juice. Shop around until you find one you love. Theres plenty of quality juices out there but everyones pallet is different. Please don't do yourself a disservice like i did by quitting and going back to analogs after trying two juices previously. Since then i have found three staple juices that i vape constantly and don't even think about ever going back again.

Good luck to all.

xXSPOONEEXx

Verified Member
May 31, 2012
New Mexico
I think they will work for both as long as they both have a 510 connection (dont know much about the Riva) but I've heard the 3.0 ohm is better for the VV devices or higher voltage vaping.
Great advice! I'm going to picking up the Boge 2.0 for my Riva (1100mAH) and I keep reading about the 1.7 single coil.

I've been looking for the Smoketech 1.7 single coil on a few Canadian distributors' sites but keep finding 1.5 or 2.0 and no 1.7. I'm interested in picking up a LT as well ... will the 1.5 or the 2.0 Boge cartos work on both?

Berylanna

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
south Bay Area, California
www.facebook.com
+1 for the kGo! That was my first decent PV (after my gas station starter kit).
Funny, I'm gathering up the kGo stuff I bought 2 weeks ago from advice to n00bs and going to try to put it up for swap for some 808 gear. I *HATED* the vapes with 2-ohm Boge cartos when it first comes off the charger. And I kept burning cartos because I couldn't get them wet-enough.

I found my 78mm SI Volts easier to deal with so I got an X2 and I love it with Bloog cartos (2.4 ohms instead of the 2.6 I think for the SI cartos) -- much less variation in vape and taste with voltage-controlled batteries. (I suspect if I had started with a Twist I'd have figured out a way to be happier.) And I buy them pre-filled in a flavor I tolerate, so that after I've half-vaped them I can put in *MY* favorite juice but there's never a delay where I have no usable cartos, since they come filled.

Also, bottom-coil single-coil cartos like SI and Bloog are the only ones that don't taste metallic to me. This might be a function of how many fillings I have, since it seems VERY subjective. Lots of people taste it, like me, lots don't, like my roommate.

Last edited:

SpicyMcHaggis

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
Hamilton Ohio
Fellow noob here. Can't argue with the OP but I started with an eGo Twist and am very glad I did. I can dial any juice in with it. And with the Vivi Nova 2.5's with their three different ohms, I can really tweak it. I do have some cartos on the way because I want to give diff delivery systems a try to see what works for me. Dripping atty's is to involved I think. I do have several Stardusts that work pretty well if I do the "tilt-a-swirl" religiously. :D

munchichee

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 20, 2012
Houston, TX
If I were to build a starter kit, I'd do eGo Twist batts, with stardusts(they're simply easy to fill, clean, etc). For juice, I'd recommend ECBlends, simply because they have a lot of flavors, options, and sample sizes are dirt cheap.

like this? saw these at a local vendor but the clearomizer kits don't seem any cheaper then buying everything separately. I started with the KGO as well and been using the LR boges, smoktech mega xxl dc, stardust v2, and added a 650 twist to the rotation. Using the twist at 3.8-4.2 it ran out in a few hours, but the riva batteries just keep going strong. even with the mega xxl 5ml DC cartos I don't think I've had a battery run out completely yet. Have a vivi nova on the way and some 3.5ml DCT's on the way i snagged for $6!

Miira

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2012
Seaside, CA
I bought an eGo starter kit and ordered a clearo to go with it for about $55. I still have the attys and stuff that came with the eGo, but have never used them. I don't think I could put it together separately for much cheaper, I'd just like to see more kits made that way, so we poor noobs don't have to piece it together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread