My refilling Technique BLOOG/LTV-9/SMOKE 51/EAZE MAG

Status
Not open for further replies.

LucKyPunk

Dec 30, 2008
Santa Fe NM, USA
I have had pretty good luck with the following protocol. I'm using a Bloog (e-cig.com) model but this should work with other models YMMV

1. remove rubber cap from mouth end of atomizer

2. Place atomizer on flat surface battery end up (mouth side down)

3. place one drop at a time on the metal connector directly over the air hole.

4. fluid will drip down through air hole. Repeat step three UNTIL you notice fluid takes a long time to drip down. then stop

5. Replace rubber mouth cap, and using a Kleenex or paper towel blow through battery end allowing paper to absorb extra fluid at mouth end.

6. Wipe any fluid from Battery end, pay special attention to the deep part of the threads.. Replace battery and vape!

I have been doing this for 10 days on two atomizers with success. Also if your battery flashes at the end of a drag repeat step 5. I think this means there's too much fluid on the coil.

Also I've done anywhere between 6 and 20 drips depending on how dry stuffing is.

-George

scottro

ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Youngstown, OH
Ah, very cool. I'll have to try this. I've got 4 batteries coming (two from GreenSmoke after my first two stopped taking a charge) and two new ones from red dragon. I have two menthol carts that are just about empty. i'll try this once I get some juice.

Any particular juice you recommend? Do some brands or flavors or strengths work better than others?

eskimoroll

ECF Veteran
Feb 1, 2009
Minneapolis, MN
The battery is a new mini e-cig, the cartridge/atomizer is a red dragon which I've peeled off the paper to drip, and I've topped it with a 901 cartridge with the whistle tip. I lost the silicone tip so I figured lets see how a cartridge fits. I've been topping off the 901 cartridge and dripping into the red dragon cartridge and thus far its been working great! :D

2u62vbn.jpg

smokum

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2008
Ottawa, Ontario -CANADA-
I never had any luck with my smoke-51 refilling attempts if I managed to hit the atomizer coil (center hole). It would either kill the cartridge all together or cause it to spit liquid thru the mouthpiece.

I had previously posted a succesfull way of doing this (see link: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/new-members-forum/5640-smoke-51-cartidges.html ), and although more "involved" has worked hassle free for me and others I have shown.

Glad to see others extending the life on these so-called disposable cartridges..... money is money after all.

VapeOn,
Greg

xMarlboroMan

ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2009
Sioux City, Iowa
I have done *almost* the same thing to drip into my loongtotem. However, I tried to drip around the wire in the middle of the stuffing. I did read somewhere else to drip in the middle also. I will have to try this method next time. However, the carts I got from buyreddragon.com taste like crap, so it is really hard for me to even smoke them dry enough to warrant refilling them.

Also, I point of note... if you remove the sticker label covering the atomizer, it is a pretty silver :D. I like this look a lot better than the dull boring white label that is on there.

It's a single wire atomizer with exposed leads. If the material is burnt, it won't absorb or present liquid to the wire anymore.

The part nearest the wire gets burnt before the cart actually goes completely dry. But after it's burnt, it's useless. "Disposable"

You might be able to go one small drop at a time with a syringe after about an hour or so of first use in the "stock" condition to keep the central part moist. Take the cap off gently, it has somewhat of a sealer holding it on so it doesn't drip. Refill like that for as long as you can get away with it. Like the methods posted above.

There's no significant "wick" action like "drip" atomizers have that actually can handle the wetness. Only the somewhat porous heat insulation around the wire. The wadding material will eventually burn and lose it's absorbency potential around the wire insulation.

If it's worth the hassle to get the flavor you want you might go through it. I just started to like the stock Chocolate and Vanilla better than the alleged "Tobacco" and "Menthol" flavors.

I have put KICK juice in them as above, and it's ok for awhile but it's a hassle and then all of a sudden it gets too wet, drips in your mouth and dies anyway. I think these carts have somewhat more PG in the mix which makes more vapor out and also slows down the drying out and burning of the wadding around the wire a bit. But also, too wet with these and the "atomizer" wire leads don't like it either.

To replace the material requires opening the cartridge from the pressed on threaded battery end, breaking the wire, moistening new material and rolling it back with the insulated wire in the center and re-soldering the wire, keeping the insulation, which also acts like a wick, in the right place. The wire has to be of the right length and resistance to work right.

If that's your thing, hey. Too much for me. I hope they improve the flavors. I think it's going to be harder because S51 and Greensmoke are also using the same supplier now, along with Bloog and the other ones mentioned so they should all have more or less the same taste, depending on which sub-contractor makes the cartridges for the supplier that shipment. This adds consistency of flavor issues. The "same" flavor carts don't taste the same even from a single reseller.

Do they suck or is it personal preference? I personally think there's a lot of room for improvement in the the taste and consistency of the flavor.

A lot of folks like the "menthol" but I don't like that either. There isn't enough control over the flavor options with these things

Last edited:

Windoze321

Apr 8, 2009
Florida, USA
Can I refill EL-501 Carts? I'm about to order stuff tomarrow, and I have very limited funds. I just want to get started. I found this: dealextreme dot com/details.dx/sku.14561 It takes the EL 501 Carts, and I think it will be my cheapest route to getting started. $12.38 for 1 Battery, 1 Atomizer, 1 charger and 6 carts. I'll worry about upgrading later as long as there's SOME way to fill these carts.

Thanks in advance!

trip2hard

May 1, 2009
Can I refill EL-501 Carts? I'm about to order stuff tomarrow, and I have very limited funds. I just want to get started. I found this: dealextreme dot com/details.dx/sku.14561 It takes the EL 501 Carts, and I think it will be my cheapest route to getting started. $12.38 for 1 Battery, 1 Atomizer, 1 charger and 6 carts. I'll worry about upgrading later as long as there's SOME way to fill these carts.

Thanks in advance!

Just remember. Ya get what ya pay for.

dale1962

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2009
Charlotte,NC
Thanks for the post. Not sure if anyone is still monitoring this. Just one quick question...why does the plastic, mouth-end piece of the cartomizer have to come off if the fluid is dropped through the battery end? Am I misunderstanding something? Thanks[/quo I was wondering same thing also i heard your suppose to just put the juice thru mouth piece end and only around outer edges not touching center any help greatly appreciated also still a rookie at this one question i have smoke 51 trio 3 piece where can i get carts that will fit them other than s51 horrific experience with them thanks

tarreg72

Oct 10, 2009
Thanks for the post. Not sure if anyone is still monitoring this. Just one quick question...why does the plastic, mouth-end piece of the cartomizer have to come off if the fluid is dropped through the battery end? Am I misunderstanding something? Thanks[/quo I was wondering same thing also i heard your suppose to just put the juice thru mouth piece end and only around outer edges not touching center any help greatly appreciated also still a rookie at this one question i have smoke 51 trio 3 piece where can i get carts that will fit them other than s51 horrific experience with them thanks

The original poster makes a nice, concise post, that I'm sure makes sense. But I just don't get why the plastic mouth cap has to come off if we drip through the battery end. I get the feeling he is assuming I/we all know something, rather than typing it out.

When I try his method, I get more vapor, more throat hit...but a pretty foul taste. I am using JC smoke juice (cherry, peach and menthol)...but all I get is a foul taste with a hint of cherry, peach or vanilla :mad: .

Could it be that the smoke juice everyone seems to like, johnson's creek, is the problem? Or am I misunderstanding how/where to drip the juice?

Any input here is appreciated!

The original poster makes a nice, concise post, that I'm sure makes sense. But I just don't get why the plastic mouth cap has to come off if we drip through the battery end. I get the feeling he is assuming I/we all know something, rather than typing it out.

When I try his method, I get more vapor, more throat hit...but a pretty foul taste. I am using JC smoke juice (cherry, peach and menthol)...but all I get is a foul taste with a hint of cherry, peach or vanilla :mad: .

Could it be that the smoke juice everyone seems to like, johnson's creek, is the problem? Or am I misunderstanding how/where to drip the juice?

Any input here is appreciated!

Yes! It's not just you. When I first got a my Bloog I also ordered a JC sample pack with it. After a few days I has already used up all of my carts because of the JC. What happened is the JC not only clogged up my Attys but also made this burning taste/smell. I tried to clean them but with no avail. It seems that the JC for whatever reason likes to stick and burn the wool inside my Bloog carts and frying them, thus making the horrid burning taste. Especially if you mix two JC flavors together in the same cart. I thought at first I was allergic to the PG in the JC but that wasn't it at all. It's just that, for whatever reason, JC doesn't work well with the Bloog type atty/carts.

So, what I did was I ordered some Juicy E-Liquid and started off with new carts. I have not had a problem since. It's not how you drip, It's the JC. Dripping this way with the Juicy works fantastic for me.

Hope this helps!

Thanks for the post. Not sure if anyone is still monitoring this. Just one quick question...why does the plastic, mouth-end piece of the cartomizer have to come off if the fluid is dropped through the battery end? Am I misunderstanding something? Thanks

I've just been leaving them on... *shrugs* seems to work just fine for me. Plus, it makes dripping 20 times quicker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread