Not open for further replies.

jundis

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2012
Minnesota
device: http://anyvape.com/anyvape-cvi
Picture of mine: http://i.imgur.com/tQBJy.jpg

I'm too lazy to work on a video review, knowing that others will have better videos out shortly, so here's a quick personal write-up on the Anyvape CVI.

I purchased my device from myvaporstore.com for $54.85 shipped (using code 5ecf). Shipped here pretty fast so props to them on that.
When the device got here, it came in a regular flat rate box, inside of a bubble wrap tube, no instructions. I'm sure there is an instruction manual online somewhere, but the menus aren't that hard to navigate so I didn't bother finding it.

First thing I noticed as I took the device out of the box, which I also noticed on the Portuguese review video that was out last week, the screen is crooked. It is slightly slanted inwards from the top to the button, as well as slightly tilted clockwise if you hold the device with the atomizer end at the left.

The second thing I noticed is it has a fire delay. The device begins firing shortly (around or less than half a second) after you press the button and stops firing shortly after you release the button. This is very noticeable.

Menu system (3 rapid clicks to enter, followed by 1 click when it shows Settings)
1/2. Power/Voltage Up/Down (Scrolls automatically if button is held down, round robins 3.0v to 8.0v and 3.0w to 15.0w and vise versa)
3. Lock Atomizer (Locks so that pressing the button does not fire the device)
4. Battery Voltage (Displays battery voltage as X.X V)
5. LCD Display (Select what to display, available options: Resistance, Battery Voltage, and Voltage/Power)
6. LCD On/Off (Should the LCD activate when firing)
7. V&P MODEL (Select between Voltage and Power)

The device is RMS only and makes a point of that by displaying RMS on the LCD no matter what option you have selected.

The device is quite light, assuming it's made out of aluminum. It weighs 70g according to my scale without battery, and my Lambo 4 ways 130g.

Threads for the end cap, the tube, and the top cover all feel secure, but not extremely difficult to get off when you want to.

Edit: It remembers/forgets the following when battery is removed.
It remembers: Voltage or Wattage, Wattage setting, LCD On/Off
It forgets: Voltage setting, LCD Display, Atomizer Lock
The device also remembers your wattage setting if you change to volts, but not your voltage setting if you change to watts.

Overall I believe it's a quality device that has a number of issues that could be fixed to make it perfect, however for effectively a $50 version of a sigelei Zmax in a eVic-like body, I think it's worth the price.

Any questions I'll try to answer to the best of my ability. Thanks for reading.

Last edited:

jundis

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2012
Minnesota
Nice review, have you thought of starting a vlog or something? I'd love to see a video review.

I would but my webcam is awful. Can't focus on the screen of the device, so it just looks like a white blur.

Edit:
I've been vaping this a lot since about 18 hours ago. My battery has dwindled .2v (2000mAh) in that time period. Fantastic battery life. YMMV

Last edited:

SunRam

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2012
South Africa
Jundis, 2 questions for you:

1. Is there a noticeable battery rattle when you shake the device?
2. Do you have to wait a long time (with the screen scrolling or something similar) to check the resistance of the carto/atty in the LCD Display menu? I saw on pbussardo's review of the Sigelei Zmax, that you have to wait an awful long time for the resistance to show

Thanks
Vape On!

edit:

3. Is the 510 connection too deep, or the centre post too low? ie will it easily accept cartos and atties, since the Sigelei Zmax again, has a very deep 510 connection, which might lead to some cartos not connecting properly?

Last edited:

tvBilly

ECF Veteran
May 20, 2010
Times Square
There's another thread here in the general-e-smoking-discussion forum that talks about the AnyVape, and there's a link to a Portuguese language video review. In it you can see that they updated the firmware a little compared to the Sigelei, including getting rid of the scrolling resistance part. (It's a nice watch, even if you don't understand a word). I think I also read somewhere (sorry, I am just getting into vaping and have information overload, and I didn't take notes) that there is an update to the Segelei that deals with the deep center post on the 501 connector. In any case PB was concerned enough to mention the deep post, but he also said that he couldn't find a single atty/cart that didn't work, just his battery meter.

I'm trying to decide between the Segalei and the AnyVape...

Angelox

Dec 30, 2012
South Italy
Device: Anyvape CVI
Picture of mine: http://i.imgur.com/tQBJy.jpg

Any questions I'll try to answer to the best of my ability. Thanks for reading.

Nice review,
I I ordered one in Germany and should reach me in a week I hope.
I hope you enjoyed it.
At this price I do not expect the performance of the Provari, but at least you have a fixed voltage as the Twist longer, otherwise it would not be a Big Battery

jundis

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2012
Minnesota
Jundis, 2 questions for you:

1. Is there a noticeable battery rattle when you shake the device?
2. Do you have to wait a long time (with the screen scrolling or something similar) to check the resistance of the carto/atty in the LCD Display menu? I saw on pbussardo's review of the Sigelei Zmax, that you have to wait an awful long time for the resistance to show

Thanks
Vape On!

edit:

3. Is the 510 connection too deep, or the centre post too low? ie will it easily accept cartos and atties, since the Sigelei Zmax again, has a very deep 510 connection, which might lead to some cartos not connecting properly?

1. None.
2. No. You have to set it to resistance on fire in order to check resistance, which takes a few seconds but then on fire it shows.
3. It accepts cartos, attys, novas, stardusts, t2/t3 just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread