My review of the Atopack Dolphin and Cuboid Lite Kit by Joyetech.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disclaimer: These products were sent to me for the purpose of this review by joyetech.

In this review, I will express my thoughts on 2 kits manufactured by joyetech. I have used the 2 kits exclusively for quite some time, and I gathered my thoughts.

Atopack Dolphin Starter Kit:

I will start with the **Atopack Dolphin**. This kit is a refillable pod system, marketed as a starter kit, that can do both DL and MTL (not really). As the name states, it has the shape of a dolphin, kind of. It's very ergonomic and tiny. It comes in different colors: Black, White, Orange, Blue, Yellow. I got the white version, and I like the way it looks and the way it stays in my hand.

Album of Pictures:

Specs and Features:

* Height: 100mm

* Length: 50mm

* Width: 31mm

* Cartridge capacity: 2ml (TPD version) or 6ml

* Battery capacity: 2100 mAh

* Max charging current: 2A

* Output mode: direct output with 50W max

Kit Content:

* Atopack Dolphin Battery/Mod

* Atopack Dolphin Cartridge

* Atopack 1.2ohm(MTL) and 0.25ohm (DL) coils

* Manuals/Warranty card

* USB Cable

* Some spare parts

Aesthetics and Performance:

The Atopack Dolphin by Joyetech is shaped like a dolphin (a fat one), it's small, compact and ergonomic. The Pod will always be black (tinted at least), no matter what color of the kit you choose, just the battery/mod will be of that color. There are some ''airflow drip tip'' restrictors provided, made from silicone I reckon, that don't really make a difference, they are partially transparent, and personally, I don't like how they look when installed, and they don't really make a difference when vaping. The kit comes with 2 coils, 1 designed for MTL and 1 for DL, 1.2ohm, and 0.25ohm. The 1.2ohm coil is advertised as an MTL coil, it's not. It's a barely restricted DL draw, no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't MTL it. The second coil, 0.25ohm is designed for DL vaping, and the airflow is really for DL, it's airy. In order to refill it, you need to pop up the pod and open a silicone ''thingy'' and fill, easy and not messy, although sometimes some spills of e-juice can go rogue near that silicone thing. Both coils perform mostly the same, meaning a decent amount of ''clouds'' and a pretty above average flavor. It's very simple to use, just 1 big fire button that rattles a tiny bit (almost non-observable) and 5 lights under it that shows you the battery, so if all 5 are on it's fully charged, if 4 then the battery is around 75% and going down the same way. With the 1.2ohm coil I could get almost 2 days of intense vaping, and with the 0.25ohm barely a day and a half, still a decent performance. It's built well, it fell a couple of times, still works as a champ.

Pros:

* 2100 mAh battery

* Decent flavor

* Good e-juice capacity (non TPD version at least)

* Tiny, ergonomic, stealthy

* 2A charging

Cons:

* Tinted pod, sometimes hard to see e-juice level

* MTL coil can't be used as MTL

Conclusion:

I like this starter kit. I will use it in the future, especially when I know I need a stealthy and compact setup. I would recommend it for starters, but also do not expect an MTL vaping experience, it can't do that. For DL the performance is good, it's built well and battery life is better than good.

Cuboid Lite Kit:

The Cuboid Lite kit comes with the Exceed D22 tank, and it's also another small, compact kit from Joyetech, but more advanced than the Atopack Dolphin is. It is small, pretty ergonomic, with a nice fire bar and a beautiful screen/interface. It comes in different colors: Silver, Black, Red, Yellow, Purple. I got the Silver version and I love the way it looks, classy af.

Album of Pictures:

Specs and Features:

Exceed D22:

* Weight: 39g

* Coil material: NiCr

* Tank capacity: 2ml, can be extended to 3.5ml with spare glass tube and metal extension

* Diameter: 22mm

* Compatible coils: EX-series coils

Cuboid Lite:

* Height: 67mm

* Width: 26mm

* Length: 41mm

* Weight: 143g

* 1.45-inch Color Screen

* Output range: 1-80W

* Modes: VW, TC (Ni, SS, Ti), TCR, Bypass

* Resistance range: 0.05-1.5ohm for Temp/TCR mode; 0.1-3.5ohm for Power/Bypass mode

* Temperature control: 100-315°C/200-600°F

* Max charging current: 2.0A

* Max output current: 30A

* Battery capacity: 3000 mAh

Kit Content:

* Cuboid Lite Mod

* Exceed D22 Atomizer

* EX 0.5ohm DL coil; EX 1.2ohm MTL coil

* Extension metal pipe

* Spare glass tank (3.5ml)

* USB cable

* Manuals/Warranty cards

Aesthetics:

The Cuboid Lite Kit by Joyetech is a good-looking, small and classy kit. It is done very matchy, so the atomizer and the mod look good combined, and I like it. It's tiny, so pocketable, it's pretty ergonomic, featuring a fire bar, and the grip is good. I like the silver version, and I like the way it's black on both sides, it adds a certain appeal to it. Combined with the simple yet functional Exceed D22 atomizer, the kit does look amazing. The interface is friendly, simple and it shows all the needed information. The screen is big, bright, and I had no problems reading it during sunny days. On the back of the mod, you can find the Cuboid Lite and Joyetech logos.

Build Quality:

This thing is built well. It feels like the mod is made from some kind of metal. The firing bar does not rattle, there is no overhang, the 510 pin reads the coils as it should with an error ot 0.01 to 0.04ohms. The +/- button, yes button it's a long plastic part that can be pressed on the right and left side does rattle a bit, but it's nothing too big. The Exceed D22 is also built ok, the threads are smooth, no leaks with both coils, the airflow control ring works just fine, it's a simple tank.

Mod and Atomizer Performance:

It's good. VW is constant, with no ups and downs, it gives constant power. TC is not so good, couldn't stay a whole day without kicking me out of it. The Exceed D22 is pretty versatile, it can really do MTL and DL, as the airflow control ring allows it. The Airflow has some tiny holes that can be used for MTL, and then a big oval hole that can be used when DL vaping. I can't say more, it's a good kit, it's small, pretty powerful, and it's really simple. It features a very good protection feature, that stops charging the battery if the temperature is under -5Celsius (23 Fahrenheit) or over 50Celsius (122 Fahrenheit). And the mod can hold atomizers of up to 25mm without any overhang, and that's a big plus. The Exceed D22 coils are good for what they are meant to do. MTL provides a nice and smooth MTL experience, and DL provides decent clouds, the flavor is average no matter the coil you use.

Pros:

* Small, pocketable, classy.

* 2A charging

* Temperature protection when charging

* E-juice capacity extension

* Versatile vaping experience MTL/DL

* Big, bright color screen

* Simple, easy to use

Cons:

* TC is pretty bad

* Flavor is below average

Verdict:

I like the kit, it's easy to carry, it's a nice vaping experience, it's simple and it looks good. If you want a small, internal battery kit, it's a good choice, the tank is okay, but don't expect too much from it. The mod is beautiful, it's simple and it features all the modes we are used to.

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread