My Review of the iStick Kiya and GS Juni!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disclaimer: This product was sent to me by eleaf for the purpose of this review. I DID NOT receive any incentives from this company or persons affiliated with it.

When I received this kit, I was already interested. A big screen on a tiny mod? Even more, a color screen on such a tiny device? That should be nice, and it is! Since I got the Kiya kit, I've been using it as a daily driver, it's really small, pocketable, the screen is easy to read even when you're outside and it can fit atomizers of up to 24mm without any overhang, but if the atty is pretty big, it won't look that good in my opinion. It can fit up to 25mm atomizers, but because of the rounded shape of the Kiya mod, there will be a really small overhang over the fire bar, it's really hard to notice, but when you see it, it just can not be unseen.

Album of Pictures:

Specs and Features:

iStick Kiya Mod:

* Height: 57mm

* Length: 35.5mm

* Width: 25.8mm

* Weight (without atomizer): 96grams

* Battery capacity: 1600mAh

* 2A Charging

* Output Wattage: 1-50W

* VW/Bypass/TC/TCR

* Resistance range: 0.05-1.5ohm - TC Mode; 0.10-3.5ohm - VW Mode.

* 1.45 inch Color Screen

* Temperature protection feature while charging.

* 510 thread

GS Juni:

* Height: 42mm

* Diameter: 20mm

* Capacity: 2ml

* Bottom Fill

* 2 types of coils: 1.5ohm and 0.75ohm.

Kit Content:

* iStick Kiya Mod

* GS Juni Atomizer

* GS Air 0.75ohm Coil

* GS Air 1.5ohm Coil

* USB Cable

* 2 User Manuals (1 - Mod; 1 - Atomizer)

* Extra O-Rings.

Aesthetics:

The iStick Kiya Kit is a really tiny, yet comfortable electronic cigarette. Here is a comparison photo: Imgur: The magic of the Internet. You can easily see that it's that small, that the Al85 seems big! The Kiya mod feels good and I really like how it looks. It feels like it's made of plastic, but I do not have any concrete information. The finish paint is amazing, and the black parts are rubberized, which creates a pretty good grip. The screen is very easy to use and read, the fire bar has the iStick Kiya logo on it and on the other side of the mod, there is the Eleaf logo. On the bottom of the mod, there is the USB port, some venting holes, and some warnings. On the back of the mod, there are some engravings: Imgur: The magic of the Internet that feel really good. Combined with the GS Juni atomizer, this kit is a pocketable, daily driver that's easy to use and the battery life is pretty good when using low W atomizers. The GS Juni atomizer is 20mm in diameter and it has the logo of Eleaf GS Juni on the glass: Imgur: The magic of the Internet. It does not look different, or innovative, but the mod definitely is a beauty.

Build Quality:

The iStick Kiya mod is built pretty well, the 510 seems to be good, I installed on it different atomizers, (some of these can be seen in the photo album) and the mod read the resistances accurately. It feels like it's made of plastic, it's very light, and it's fragile, that big screen shouldn't probably hit the ground or anything else. The firing bar is clicky but it does not rattle at all, and so are the + and - buttons that you can find on the screen, but these feel really cheap. I did not have any problems with the screen, it's big, it gives you all the necessary information and you can even have a clock mode, where instead of a big Wattage information panel you get the clock and the date and the W info moves below. Even when the device is off, the clock does not reset, it continues working after powering it up and showing the real time. The GS Juni Atomizer is also pretty fragile, I have no information about the materials used when manufacturing the atomizer, but it feels nice. Threads are smooth, and I had no problems when installing a new coil, or just trying to refill it. Yes, bottom fill, really?! What year is it?!

Airflow Control:

The GS Juni Atomizer offers 2 types of airflow, designed for MTL and a restricted DL hit. It comes with 2 coil heads, 0.75ohm and 1.5ohm. I believe the 0.75ohm coil head was meant to be used with the airflow wide open, and the 1.5ohm with the MTL airflow. The airflow is smooth, with my draw there is no whistling and no other sounds. I used both coils in MTL mode, and I liked them both, I really did not feel any big difference between them except the Watts, they were different. I tried it in DL mode, but it's just too restricted for me, I like my MTL tight and my DL loose, so this restricted DL draw is really not something I can comment too much on.

Mod and Atomizer Performance:

As said above, I really did not feel any difference between the two provided coils. They worked fine, delivered decent flavor, not something that would blow my mind or your mind, but it was decent, still, it's not comparable to some MTL RTAs, but for a starter kit, it's good. You can access the coil while the tank is full, and you can change the stock drip tip to your favorite 510 drip tips. The Mod performs better than the atomizer it comes with, it offers the modes we are used to: VW TC TCR Bypass. You can also lock the ohms, adjust the preheat, the timeout, stealth mode, adjust your clock, adjust some information that you want to be on the screen and the ENU safety feature, you can turn it on or off. As I understood, the ENU safety feature monitors the temperature of the device while it's charging and if it reaches certain temperatures, it will shut off the charging to the device, which is pretty cool imo. In VW mode, the mod delivered as much power as I wanted it to, but I only tested within the 10-30W with various MTL builds. I tried TC mode, with an SS Fused Clapton Build in my Hastur MTL RTA, and it was pretty weak, that's why after 10 puffs I switched to VW mode.

Pros:

* Very tiny kit.

* Big adjustable screen.

* ENU safety feature.

* Kiya mod supports atomizers up to 24mm without any overhang.

* Interchangeable coil heads with GS Juni and GS Basal atomizer.

* Very lightweight.

* 2A charging.

Cons:

* GS Juni Bottom Fill.

* Fragile Kit, both Mod and Atomizer.

Verdict:

I would recommend the kit to people who want to try vaping so they can get off cigarettes. But if you are a more advanced user, and you just want a tiny mod for your tiny atty, I would recommend buying just the mod, the GS Juni did not really impress me so I would recommend the whole kit, but the mod is pretty amazing.

Thank you!

----------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------------

My other reviews:

Joyetech Exceed D19 Kit: My review of the Joyetech Exceed D19 Starter Kit - An Amazing Little Kit • r/electronic_cigarette

Siren 1st gen by Digiflavor (22mm version): My review of the Siren 1st gen by Digiflavor (22mm version) • r/electronic_cigarette

Hastur MTL RTA by Cthulhu Mod: My review of the Hastur MTL RTA • r/electronic_cigarette

Berserker MTL RTA by Vandy Vape: My review of the Berserker MTL RTA • r/electronic_cigarette

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread