Not open for further replies.

MXBNW

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2010
NW Washingtion
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
NOTE: I did buy my LUX and was not given the LUX for the purposes of a review. Just saying it out loud

I must start off saying that I have been using Modern Vapors products for a while now and Tony is one of the best to work with as far as vendors go. He is always willing to answer questions and sometimes just chit chat on the phone about ecig stuff.

First impression of the LUX: nice sleek looking large batter ecig. The coloring it is like non I have seen and is elegant and well thought out. The battery button is a dimond and is easy on the fingers. LED is not too bright but can be seen easily when using the LUX.

Putting it together was a snap. Unlike the other big battery units like this there are no threads at the cone making it easier to install and take off. No chance of stripping threads I like that, I tend to be outdoors a lot or in the shop.

I set up the LUX up right out of the box using a Cart (I did put the second battery on the charger). I usually use cartomizers or drip but thought I would give the carts a shot one more time. I installed the 902LR atty (I like LR better) added my juice and went to town.

Throat hit was good (This will depend on your nic level and if you’re using a standard or LR atty) but good for me the way I have it set up.

Vapor production is wonderful. I noticed that the 902LR do not get as hot as the standard 510LR Atty and is nice. When I was trying to use carts in the past they were either to cool or to hot burning the filler. These are really good with the standard carts if you’re a cart user I would most defiantly try the MV LR atty. Both on the LUX, MV 902 or any 510 Ecig
Buy 902 Atomizers for Your Electronic Cigarette from Modern Vapor

Battery life: I have been getting abut 10-11 hr+ on a single battery It is a 900mAn battery
And is compatible with other 510 Attys and Cartomizers
I have been using my LUX now for about 5 days and its has found its way in to my daily rotation of Ecigs and Mods.

So overall score
Appearance 10
Ease of use 10
Vapor Production 10
Cost 10
Customer service 10

I can’t see a single issue with the LUX

Thanks Tony and Modern Vapor for another outstanding Ecig.
You can find the LUX on the Modern Vapors web site or follow the link
LUX E-Cigarette
My photos of the LUX sets. One Red set for the Wife and Tony set me up with one Black and one Blue.

View attachment 19006

MXBNW

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2010
NW Washingtion
It’s been just over a week now and the LUX has found a spot in the Mod line up. And I am using carts again.

The 902LR Atty is really nice. Not to hot dose not burn the filler and produces nice vapor.
Atty is not showing any signs of giving up I have not cleaned it but do blow it out every once in a while.

Battery life is still at 10+ hr if I am on it a lot.

The finish is holding up to the pocket and pack around Cap is still holding on tight as when I got it.

So after a week it’s still all 10’s across the board.

ckreef

ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2010
Central GA
It’s been just over a week now ....................
Atty is not showing any signs of giving up I have not cleaned it but do blow it out every once in a while.

Are you saying that the atty is a little over a week old and "not showing any signs of giving up" ???

How old is the Atty ???

scheherezade

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2010
VA Beach
Actually this model was designed for the 510, we redesigned our 902 atomizers contacts from the recessed original version, to the flat style of the 510 to make them universal. I use 510 cartos on this all the time with out any problems.

Just wanted to add that I have 510's and an Ego and while I sometimes have to worry about burning some of the juices with them, I've never had an issue with that with the 902 attys. I've been using them (with the 902) for about 6 months now.

scheherezade

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2010
VA Beach
To ckreef: I've got 902 attys that are at least 5 months old and still working. I may be an exception, but hope that helps. I've also had good experiences with the sidesho attys, so I suspect that it is part quality and part taking care of them. I don't really do anything unusual, just clean them with vodka, rinse with hot water, and make sure they're dry before I use them. That and keeping them wet when I'm vaping.

Last edited:

MXBNW

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2010
NW Washingtion
What I was saying is that the new Atty I received with the unit is still going strong no diminished vapor or flavor... Some LR510’s will go out quick and lose vapor production faster than the SS902 or LR902 hope that answers your question.

Are you saying that the atty is a little over a week old and "not showing any signs of giving up" ???

How old is the Atty ???

ckreef

ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2010
Central GA
To ckreef: I've got 902 attys that are at least 5 months old and still working. I may be an exception, but hope that helps. ......... That and keeping them wet when I'm vaping.

I appreciate the response that is what I was looking for. Currently the 902 atty I use is 2 months old and still going strong. I do believe never taking a dry atty hit and keeping them wet is the key to long life and not getting a burnt atty taste. I also make sure I fill a fresh cart, then I stand it upright (cart end down) before going to bed.

In the beginning I burned through 2 Attys really quick before I figured out what it takes to get long life out of a 902 atty. Now I am on my 3rd Atty with no end in sight for this one. I cross my fingers and hope I didn't jinx the current Atty.

Last edited:

scheherezade

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2010
VA Beach
I appreciate the response that is what I was looking for. Currently the 902 atty I use is 2 months old and still going strong. I do believe never taking a dry atty hit and keeping them wet is the key to long life and not getting a burnt atty taste. I also make sure I fill a fresh cart, then I stand it upright (cart end down) before going to bed.

In the beginning I burned through 2 Attys really quick before I figured out what it takes to get long life out of a 902 atty. Now I am on my 3rd Atty with no end in sight for this one. I cross my fingers and hope I didn't jinx the current Atty.

Sounds like you figured it out. And that means I'm not the exception. I love the 902 attys. :)

Garnoch

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 5, 2010
NYC
I agree these things last, but at the same time all attys I've tried seem to get harder to pull on after time. Then you try a new one and the drag is so easy its like Heaven. Because of that, I usually replace atomizers after a month or so, even though the old ones are still working. I've tried cleaning every which way and never have been able to get the air flow back to what a new atty is.

MXBNW

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2010
NW Washingtion
Have you tried a alcohol bath. I have had good luck with it.

I agree these things last, but at the same time all attys I've tried seem to get harder to pull on after time. Then you try a new one and the drag is so easy its like Heaven. Because of that, I usually replace atomizers after a month or so, even though the old ones are still working. I've tried cleaning every which way and never have been able to get the air flow back to what a new atty is.

Garnoch

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 5, 2010
NYC
Yep. Every time I try something, I think I might notice a difference but then within a day I realize the pull just isn't the same as a new one. They still work fine, so my wife and I have a bunch laying around in case we need them, but taking a drag on a new one is so effortless so we try to order at least one new one a month. The day the LUX showed up I had actually gone to the mv site to order some Sidesho parts for my wife and two 902 attys and a 902 battery for me (lost one at Six Flags), but I saw the LUX which came with 2 new attys anyway so went for it. In about three weeks, I'll probably order at least one more 902 and Sidesho atty.

ckreef

ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2010
Central GA
Because of that, I usually replace atomizers after a month or so, even though the old ones are still working.

In the beginning I was very disappointed replacing an Atty every 2 weeks. If I have to replace an atty ever month or so I will find a different system or give up on vaping.

Maybe at this point I am just use to the slightly harder hit. I hope to get 4 or 6 months out of an Atty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread