The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

My short story!

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by JonsMind, Sep 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. JonsMind

JonsMind Full Member Verified Member

Well, what can I say.. I hadn't been a smoker for long. I started the act around the time I turned 18. I just wanted to try, something different. Didn't think much of it at the time. Was doing it wrong too. Not inhaling it. Ha, smokers noob.. I know. Anyway. Would only smoke one or two a day. And I could go a week or so without them. To me, I didn't think they were addicting. Well, time went on, I learned I was wrong. Last year I finally smoked a whole pack a day.. I'm sure that is nothing compared to some of you ex-smokers. But to me, that was just hard to believe. How in four years time, I've become addicted and dependent on these things. If I didn't have them before, during, or after work, I would go crazy.. It was my little escape. Anyway, about two months ago I finally had enough of cigarettes. Tired of the smell, spending money on them, feeling tired and exhausted, etc.. So found a shop here in town to set me up with a little starter kit, and not looking back! Been cig free since then. Been spending a pretty penny on juices and mods. Just bought my third one last night, and can't wait to get it! I feel so much better now not having all that shtuff in my system. Also got my girlfriend to quite smoking too! I hope to never go back to cigarettes. There have been times when I have craved them, but I just remember to keep on vaping. :)

P.S. Fell in love with this website! So many good posts, lots of people with helpful posts. Even made a friend, and hope to make even more and to become a big part of this site! Thank all of you for your time! And keep on vaping! :vapor:

2. The Goo

The Goo Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 26, 2013
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    Welcome! I like reading peoples stories (short or long) about leaving the analogs behind and starting vaping. The stories are all different but always have one thing in common :)

3. JonsMind

This they are. THank you good sir! Vaping my vary well saved mine and plenty others lives.

4. Abbell

Abbell Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 30, 2013
    Kansas City, MO
    ok.. someone tell me where I can find a small "in case of emergency break glass" novelty device!>!

I make a tank (ce4) and put a strong cigar flavor in it. I use it when I crave and it works great!

Find a strong tobacco flavor like a turkish or 555 and tank it. That way whenever you crave it will help stop the crave.

also, welcome

:toast:

5. JonsMind

Haha, I'd like to see that too! Maybe in an end of the world situation.. Even then I'll try to stick to my vaping. I personally never been a fan of strong tobacco, more so of a menthol blend myself. I think I found one on GoodEjuice.. Need to get it and see what it's all about. Thanks for the advice and the welcome. :)

Happy vapings!

6. release the kraken

release the kraken Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 9, 2013
    Stalking the Mailman
  7. JonsMind

Thank you good sir! :)
    Loving the train!

8. release the kraken

Aug 9, 2013
    Stalking the Mailman
    Ok that's 18 posts. Just two more to go

9. Reroka

Reroka Senior Member ECF Veteran

Sep 16, 2013
    Durham, North Carolina
    Hey Jons,

I was in the same boat, smoking a pack or more a day and much more when drinking our on my pain meds. There are a lot of good post here. A lot of people here know what they are talking about. I have read a lot today and took a lot of information in. A good place. Just makre sure vaping does what you want it to do.

10. DoogieTony

DoogieTony Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 12, 2013
    Indianapolis, IN
    Welcome to ECF and Congrats on the switch, bro-chacho!

11. release the kraken

Aug 9, 2013
    Stalking the Mailman
    3 days smoke free, congrats. I was there 34 days ago.

12. Reroka

Reroka Senior Member ECF Veteran

Sep 16, 2013
    Durham, North Carolina
    Thank you, I still find it hard as the chems in the analog aren't out of my system. I crave an analog Just about every min of the day. I hope this feeling goes a way. I just know when break comes I can vape, or when I am off work I can vape all night and watch football.

13. JonsMind

It definitely does what they are needed to do. Keep me off those cigs for good. :)

14. release the kraken

Aug 9, 2013
    Stalking the Mailman
    It does go away. Each day a little more and a little more. I feel like after day 30 the cravings were 100% gone. But easily manageable after the first week. Everyone is different but in the same way we all eventually get to the same place. :)

15. release the kraken

Aug 9, 2013
    Stalking the Mailman
    Are you tobacco juice, fruit, or dessert?

16. JonsMind

That feeling is hard to overcome, but in my opinion, vaping beats that feeling.. Knowing that it's no where as bad and is much more relaxing.. Unless the battery dies. haha. :p

17. JonsMind

I am a mint kinda juice person. Why I am on the search for a menthol that reminds me of home. I do like fruity as well, and deserts ones are amazing! I have one that tastes like a cupcake! Yummmm!
    How about yourself?

18. JonsMind

Craving can still be there for me at times, but I have managed to avoid picking up a pack with several hits of my mod.

19. Low Profile

Low Profile Moved On

Sep 15, 2013
    Midwest
    Welcome to ECF, Jon. Nice intro. :)

20. Amberina

Amberina Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 6, 2013
    Las Vegas, NV
    The cravings will still be there for a while, just make sure you have a good flavor that you really like and it has enough nicotine. I know when I have my worst cravings, I usually vape the higher nicotine flavors I keep on hand for this. I usually use 18mg but sometimes I need to use 24mg for a really strong craving. It has worked for me so far. I have not gone back to regular cigarettes since I started vaping... YAY!!
    Good luck and remember if you have questions or need advice, ECF is awesome. Some very knowledgeable people on here willing to help!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.