My silver bullet needs a vent hole STAT. Will AltSmoke put one in it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bmwjen

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
worldwide
vapehouston.com
Apparently there is a vent hole on the under side of the switch.........I've taken the top off as instructed, blown in it & it's airtight. My husband also tested it & it's airtight. Neither of us is noticing ANY sort of vent holes on the under side of the switch. I encourage ALL of you SB owners to take the top off the SB & try blowing in it........if it's airtight.......then there really is NOWHERE for that battery to blow. (I do notice there is a hole in the black area before you reach the switch......but this will NOT allow any battery to vent.) My husband is currently drilling 4 vent holes near the bottom of the SB so that if something happens the ventilation will be equal in all directions. Please check your mods.

Last edited:

bmwjen

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
worldwide
vapehouston.com
oh trust me..........I can blow...... In my SB, no air was coming through the top hole at all. I also had my husband try it. He has never smoked a day in his life, so I thought his lungs were better than mine. Just for kicks, I also had my 12 year old son try it. All 3 of us confirmed that it was air tight.

cddz

Supplier's Manufacturer - Offline
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2009
Newark, Ohio
oh trust me..........I can blow...... In my SB, no air was coming through the top hole at all. I also had my husband try it. He has never smoked a day in his life, so I thought his lungs were better than mine. Just for kicks, I also had my 12 year old son try it. All 3 of us confirmed that it was air tight.

I would like you to send that top to me to take a look at it. There has to be something blocking that vent if you can not blow through it. As some members have demonized vendors and manufacturers for being in it for a quick buck, I am in it for the long haul, been doing this for almost 3 years and built over 10,000 SB. I can assure you that my customers saftey and satisfaction are number one to me, after my health and family that is :)

Thundercats

May 14, 2010
Lawton, OK

I may just see if I can make it down to a houston meet sometime. If I do I would like to blow on yours and see how tight it is.

tybin

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2010
WA
that's very nice of you. i would like a hole in my bottom sb end, but am afraid i'll mess up the paint doing it. do i use a regular drill bit or one for metal?:unsure:
I would like you to send that top to me to take a look at it. There has to be something blocking that vent if you can not blow through it. As some members have demonized vendors and manufacturers for being in it for a quick buck, I am in it for the long haul, been doing this for almost 3 years and built over 10,000 SB. I can assure you that my customers saftey and satisfaction are number one to me, after my health and family that is :)

cddz

ECF Veteran
May 14, 2009
Newark, Ohio
that's very nice of you. i would like a hole in my bottom sb end, but am afraid i'll mess up the paint doing it. do i use a regular drill bit or one for metal?:unsure:

decent drill bit would work just fine. Put tape on the unit before drilling and do your best to keep it centered. After drilling, you can use clear finger nail polish to seal up the bare spot that you drilled.

bmwjen

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
worldwide
vapehouston.com
FYI, I just checked and my hand doesn't cover the vent holes in the SB. Also, anyone & everyone, vaper, non-vaper, smoker or not are welcome at the Houston Vape Meets. We have decided to meet the 2nd Saturday of each month. So PLEASE come blow on mine :) I have never & will never demonize any specific vendor. It's just with the recent situations, I had my husband go over all of my ecig mods to make sure that they were in fact safe & we realized that we couldn't find a way for the SB to vent. Another thing I did to improve my safety was to order a new charger for my batteries, as one of the lights was sorta funky. It lit up green when charged, but was completely off when a battery was charging. I'm just trying to keep my ecig stuff on the safe side. No worries Cddz, I've got my SB well vented now. I am well aware that the SB is a more popular mod, and even more, a more popular starter mod. I am sure that you are in it for your customer's safety as well as your family's. Please folks do not take this as demonizing Alt Smoke at all. I am a native Ohioan, even graduated from OSU, so I do know that only the very BEST come from OHIO!!

cddz

ECF Veteran
May 14, 2009
Newark, Ohio
FYI, I just checked and my hand doesn't cover the vent holes in the SB. Also, anyone & everyone, vaper, non-vaper, smoker or not are welcome at the Houston Vape Meets. We have decided to meet the 2nd Saturday of each month. So PLEASE come blow on mine :) I have never & will never demonize any specific vendor. It's just with the recent situations, I had my husband go over all of my ecig mods to make sure that they were in fact safe & we realized that we couldn't find a way for the SB to vent. Another thing I did to improve my safety was to order a new charger for my batteries, as one of the lights was sorta funky. It lit up green when charged, but was completely off when a battery was charging. I'm just trying to keep my ecig stuff on the safe side. No worries Cddz, I've got my SB well vented now. I am well aware that the SB is a more popular mod, and even more, a more popular starter mod. I am sure that you are in it for your customer's safety as well as your family's. Please folks do not take this as demonizing Alt Smoke at all. I am a native Ohioan, even graduated from OSU, so I do know that only the very BEST come from OHIO!!

LOL
Please do not think that I thought you were demonizing. Times like these have all of the manufactures on edge, a lot of folks come from no where to stir it up. Some folks like to be able to see things to know they are there :). Maybe I should start putting vents in the bottom like the Omega..... I would still leave the top vented as it is as well though.

Thundercats

May 14, 2010
Lawton, OK

Even more of a reason to get to a houston vape meet. I'll let you know ahead of time that I will be there. It will be a pleasure to blow yours :). If you are really worried about it maybe you should send it back to CDDZ to find out what is going on with it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread