Status
Not open for further replies.

highping

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2009
Columbus, OH
The problem with the stock filler is that the top of the filler will get dry when the cart is still half full of juice. That's why you will see so many cart mods out there.
I have tried many cart mods (PTB, ZFM, blue foam, white foam, spring, straw, etc, etc) and they all have their issues.

Here's what I do that works like a charm (for me). Pull out the cart filler and cut about 3/4 of the length off of it. You should be left with a piece that is about a half inch long. Now fill your cart most of the way up with juice (leave it about a quarter inch from the top). Then stick the little piece of filler that you cut right on top and gently push it in until it's flush with the rim of the cart.

This method will not only allow you to get more juice in the cart, but that little piece of filler will stay soaked until the cart is completely dry.

I have been using this method with my 510's for a few months now and have never had issues with flooding or filler taste. The carts will hold about 18 drops and will use every drop before vapor drops off.

If anybody tries this, please post feedback on how it works for you.
Or if you are already doing this, and have any improvements for this method, please post them.

highping

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2009
Columbus, OH
Other than using polyfill, this sounds great. It's like the ADM without the spring...
The poly is important to this method. If you try this with blue foam or something that porous, it's going to leak everywhere. Most ppl are turned off from the poly because it gets that burnt plastic taste. The only reason it gets that is because it gets dry too quickly. With this method it stays totally saturated, so no poly/burnt taste.

Isn't this the BFM but with polyfill.

More like the 'BFM with poly cap', then take the BF out, so you are just left with poly cap. ;) It's actually closer to the spring mod without the spring (like d4rk3 said).

Theres really no need for the spring. If you push the poly in so it is flush with the cart, when you stick it on your atty the bridge will push it to exactly where it needs to be (regardless of the varying bridge heights).

highping

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2009
Columbus, OH
does this mod work at angles?putting pv down moving it etc.thanks

I use it on my Chuck, and it stands on end (batt side down) all the time. This is probably the most leak prone position for a cart to be in. I have not had any leakage/flooding issues with it in this position. I also put it in my jacket pocket all the time, where it gets knocked around and lays in many positions. Still no leaking/flooding.

dthomas

Dec 28, 2009
Trinidad & Tobago
The problem with the stock filler is that the top of the filler will get dry when the cart is still half full of juice. That's why you will see so many cart mods out there.
I have tried many cart mods (PTB, ZFM, blue foam, white foam, spring, straw, etc, etc) and they all have their issues.

i have to agree with you there, on that point

i have just done one cart and am currently trying it out with my M401, so far so good, no leaks, right now it is sideways, i'll chain vape this one, and refill and see how long that one can hold out, will try to remember to update my findings

tarheeldan

ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2010
Dover, NH
Just tried it myself too and very impressed! Have my 510 propped up battery side down and no leaking...seems to wick a bit faster this way too - what I liked about the PTB was I could vape without waiting much in between...but leaking and flooding happened. This is a happy medium!

I cut off 3/4 of the polyfill like you said highping - have you tried fluffing it up a bit and/or cutting off more to see if the plug still holds but wicks faster? just curious, I'm keeping the cart as is since I'm happy :) Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread