My somewhat informed opinion on the best cartos I've found.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdvorr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2010
up nort, MN
This is my take on the cartomizers that I've found to be the best.

These have all been used on 3.7 volt batteries exclusively. These are blanks that I've filled myself.

For a while the V4L premium cartos topped my list. They have good vapor production and flavor. They do tend to run hot.

Then came the Vapor nine Turbo cartos and they are really excellent. They hold more liquid than the premiums and run cooler. They provide excellent flavor and vapor.

Now V4L has a new cart called the Cool Cartomizer. It is actually exactly the same as the Turbo from Vapor Nine. The difference is that V4L sells them $2 cheaper per 5 pack and they have an assortment of colors.

I've only been at this since the beginning of February and have not tried all the other cartos out there. I tried 2 other brands that didn't come close to as good as these.

Hope this might be in some way helpful to anyone looking at the latest carto designs and wondering.

Last edited:

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
The absolute best cartos I've found are the Smokeless Delite. The vapor production is second to none but some people don't like the taste. I refilled a couple and they're great. They have more filler in them so they take more juice and last forever but they cost way to much for me at $5.00 apiece. I'm hoarding the ones I have.

Max0819

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 25, 2010
Seattle
I've got the V9's and all the ones from V4L.

To me it seems that the eJuice mix needs the 'right' cart and perhaps voltage level. So far with all V4L batteries and 808 cartos. Juice from V4L, MFS, FS, V9, etc, plus my own concoctions with Capellas and Loranns, and VG from LorAnn, here is what I've found.

Cool/Turbo Carts
----------------
-For HI VG 9 (60%+vg), THE best cart. Vapor will rock your vapor world. These carts seem to love VG. Vapor/Flavor (tied), TH (in that order)

- For MED VG (like 30%+VG) are absolutely the best, they simply ROCK. Flavor, Vapor, TH (in that order)

- For Low/No VG (Like 20%ish-VG) the seem to go a bit flat, compared to Prems. Vapor drops out and flavor is muted as is TH. Might pickup with some PGA, haven't yet tried. Vapor, TH, Flavor

The V4L Prems def run hot on a 6+sec draw.
-------------------------------------------
-For HI VG 9 (60%+vg), flavor drops out, vapor is wispy.
TH, Vapor,Flavor

- For MED VG (like 30%+VG). What a change, flavor leaps up as does vapor, th might be a litle soft, but for prems, this seems the sweet mix.
Vapor, Flavor, TH

- For Low/No VG (Like 20%ish-VG) the TH wakes up, vapor seems on par with medVG, flaor takes a hit but nothing that is too bad. Might need to boost flavor.
TH, Vapor, Flavor

The V4L regulars, seem to be like prems, but a lesser version. Like a Dodge Charger with the 6cyl vs the HEMI.

Thats my experience so far. I've definitely found myself leaning towards vapor and working to keep the flaor up. I've just order my first MOD, a 5V Saber Touch (WHOO-HOO, waiting for the 'Pulse', but had to have a 5V NOW). So, I'll continue testing looking for my sweet spot, though I suspect it is a combination of all the factors, like Watts, Carto/Atty, Juice Base, Juice Flavoring, PCT's, Moon Phase, Sunspot activity, etc.

Happy vaping,

Max

Max0819

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 25, 2010
Seattle
Max that is some very useful info which I need to save so I can compare my findings when I try the cartos...Thank-you.

jude,

Thanks. I would be quite interested in another opinion, particularly how it relates to % liquids. I was careful to use 3 liquids, 3 times, on 3 different days, on all the carts, just to make sure my basic, newb thoughts were the same. :D

I am also REALLY looking forward to my 5V regulated Saber Touch. :drool:

Whole new round. I need to find my Morning, night, and all day vape, so I can reduce the madness for a bit. :p Looks like a chem lab on my side desk.

Keep us, well me anyway, informed.

Max

jude8753

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2010
PA
I'm saving up for a Saber, but can't decide which would be the better choice the 5 volt regulated or the 3/6 option. I hate decisions and I'm afraid of making any more bad purchases before finding all the info I need. If I was rich my house would be filled with all the different mods then I'd have no room for anything else. As it is my fridge has more vaping stuff than food.

Max0819

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 25, 2010
Seattle
I'm saving up for a Saber, but can't decide which would be the better choice the 5 volt regulated or the 3/6 option. I hate decisions and I'm afraid of making any more bad purchases before finding all the info I need. If I was rich my house would be filled with all the different mods then I'd have no room for anything else. As it is my fridge has more vaping stuff than food.

lol - I have a fridge that is nothing but vaping supplies. :p Lockable too.

oops not totally true theres a bottle of 18yr bourbon in there as I recall.

I had trouble with that same decision, and in truth was really waiting for the 'Pulse', but I just CAN'T wait, I want to vape at 5V on battery. My PV says thats the way, and after endless hours lurking the boards of ecf, I ordered it last night. :evil:

Now I haven't slet in almost 2 days, so I need to lie down for a couple hours. :blink::blink:

Max

Max

jude8753

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2010
PA
Thanks Nilius much appreciated too bad the sales happen when I'm broke. Just ordered some cool cartos from them, but haven't gotten them yet, maybe I can catch the next one. I just ordered my 5 volt Saber Touch yesterday thanks to a huge discount so my budget is blown again for this month. Happy vaping everyone.

D103

ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2010
cedar rapids, iowa

robgold

May 21, 2010
New York
I've got the V9's and all the ones from V4L.

To me it seems that the eJuice mix needs the 'right' cart and perhaps voltage level. So far with all V4L batteries and 808 cartos. Juice from V4L, MFS, FS, V9, etc, plus my own concoctions with Capellas and Loranns, and VG from LorAnn, here is what I've found.

Cool/Turbo Carts
----------------
-For HI VG 9 (60%+vg), THE best cart. Vapor will rock your vapor world. These carts seem to love VG. Vapor/Flavor (tied), TH (in that order)

- For MED VG (like 30%+VG) are absolutely the best, they simply ROCK. Flavor, Vapor, TH (in that order)

- For Low/No VG (Like 20%ish-VG) the seem to go a bit flat, compared to Prems. Vapor drops out and flavor is muted as is TH. Might pickup with some PGA, haven't yet tried. Vapor, TH, Flavor

The V4L Prems def run hot on a 6+sec draw.
-------------------------------------------
-For HI VG 9 (60%+vg), flavor drops out, vapor is wispy.
TH, Vapor,Flavor

- For MED VG (like 30%+VG). What a change, flavor leaps up as does vapor, th might be a litle soft, but for prems, this seems the sweet mix.
Vapor, Flavor, TH

- For Low/No VG (Like 20%ish-VG) the TH wakes up, vapor seems on par with medVG, flaor takes a hit but nothing that is too bad. Might need to boost flavor.
TH, Vapor, Flavor

The V4L regulars, seem to be like prems, but a lesser version. Like a Dodge Charger with the 6cyl vs the HEMI.

Thats my experience so far. I've definitely found myself leaning towards vapor and working to keep the flaor up. I've just order my first MOD, a 5V Saber Touch (WHOO-HOO, waiting for the 'Pulse', but had to have a 5V NOW). So, I'll continue testing looking for my sweet spot, though I suspect it is a combination of all the factors, like Watts, Carto/Atty, Juice Base, Juice Flavoring, PCT's, Moon Phase, Sunspot activity, etc.

Happy vaping,

Max

My experience is very similar to yours but more extreme. I prefer ejuice that is at least 80% PG, and the V4L Premium cartos work great. The Coolcarts seemed to have very little flavor or vapor with ejuice that has 80% or more PG (I haven't tried Coolcarts with higher levels of VG). Switching between a Premium and a Coolcart that were each filled with the same ejuice was like night and day!

I will be getting the Buzz soon and it will be interesting to see if the Coolcarts work better for me on a higher voltage. Until then, I love the V4L Premiums and not so much the Coolcarts.

Last edited:

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
The absolute best cartos I've found are the Smokeless Delite. ...

A quick question about these cartos and the Smokeless Delite battery.

Are the Cartos a KR808 type? Meaning, would they work on a KR808 battery?

And is the the Smokeless Delite a RN4081 battery? I saw on their web site that they sell an adapter but was confused what the threads are on it.

usa-adp.jpg

https://smokeless.infusionsoft.com/cart/store.jsp?view=4&i=p148&navicat=8&navisubcat=26&naviprod=148

toad

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 18, 2010
Colorado
Good info in this thread! I generally prefer ~20% VG myself, and have had a hard time with the Turbo/Cool carts. They just don't provide the flavor and TH that I get using V4L Premium carts.

I had thought that it may be my preference for the warmer vapor produced by the Premium carts, but always believed there was more to it than that. Very interesting.

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
The absolute best cartos I've found are the Smokeless Delite. The vapor production is second to none but some people don't like the taste. I refilled a couple and they're great. They have more filler in them so they take more juice and last forever but they cost way to much for me at $5.00 apiece. I'm hoarding the ones I have.

Who has the smokeless delights? - oops! nevermind. I see the link.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread