My son is telling his friends :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dani1226

Apr 23, 2011
Louisiana
My son walked into my room to talk to me about something and I just happened to be posting so I decided to brag alittle :D

Switching from smoking to vaping is, or was for me, such a smooth transition, you really don't realize much about it until something like this hits you...

So I pointed out my little "how much I saved and how many I avoided" smoking counter thing at the bottom of my post... I said, "Look at this... pretty impressive, eh?" So he reads it out loud and says, "Wow, it's really been like 2 months??" and then he continues... "Omg, mom, you've saved like 400 bucks! And avoided 1700 cigarettes??!! Is that how much a pack or so a day adds up to???" Then I see him calculating in his head... and says, "Wow, mom, that's awesome... "

So I say, "So you can pretty much say, I bought most of the new shower with my cigarette money" :D

So he congratulates me again and walks out... Then I hear him down the hall talking to a friend of his on the phone... "Do you know how many cigarettes my mom has avoided using her electronic cigarette???" Was funny because he used the word avoided like in the little counter... not something he would have used regularly... lol

It makes me happy... because he's 17... and I struggle with keeping him away from cigarettes... I know he smokes when I'm not around... a great majority of his friends do too, as well as his older brother, who's 18... I hate it... hate it so much... it kills me to think they're going down the same path... but I can't change it any more than my parents could when I was younger and started... Both my parents were nonsmokers... all of their children smoked... :(

Now, they have 2 children who are nonsmokers... My oldest brother had to quit because he caught pneumonia due to not taking care of some type of regular cold, as men usually do, kept working instead of trying to get well... it led to 2 serious weeks in the hospital... Last time he was down, he smoked 2 cigarettes that I saw... I'm afraid he's going to start again fulltime... :(

And I've posted about my baby brother before... 25 years old with the lungs of an unhealthy 60 year old... I will get him to switch if it kills me... or if I have to beat him to a pulp... he'll be out of breath before me now :D

Anyways, just thought I'd share :D
My family is doing it's part to pass along the praises of vaping!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread