My story and long journey

Status
Not open for further replies.

gingersnaps

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2010
everywhere
I started vaping in the summer of 2010 3 years ago when I came accross an ad online and ended up buying a blu super mini kit for each my husband and i just in time for our anniversary.

It was not great but it had potential so we stuck with vaping on a long search for the right stuff. A week after getting the blu I started DIY which I still do today.

Within the first 3 mo we had gone from blu to 510 sticks to egos. Could not stand the filler flavors in cartos and cartridges so we tried every suggestion for fillers from fluval to tea bags. Nothing was to our liking.

We decreased our smoking but still had not quit. The roller coaster of ups n downs with analogs and sometimes setting ecigs aside for weeks at a time because we just had no time for all the fiddling they required during our busy days continued till just over 2 mo ago.

So back to the egos. We had them for the first year and got into using ce2 cartos which were good on flavor but leaked and often dumped if laid on its side in a case.

Then the ce2 clearos and giantomizers were popular and had to try them. Clearos just completely fell apart and giantomizers just leaked more.

Well about 1 1/2 years in we bought lambo mods and came so close yet again to quiting analogs but with bad toppers it just didnt happen. Then earlier this year we got evics and some ce5 clearos and so close but no cigar. The whole clearo would fall into pieces after a day or 2 and I had to keep gluing the plastic tubes back on.

Now as I said we live busy lives and have no time to keep modding our gear. When we pull it out for use it must work correctly or I'm gonna go to what is fastest and easiest and grab an analog. Also funds are almost always tight and i almost never have money to blow on something that may or may not work.

So a couple mo ago a shop opened up right next door to where I bought my smokes. So I went in and discovered t3s. Omg these things are solid i think and the head can be replaced without having to buy a whole new clearo. So I buy some for hubby n I then i spend the next week literally trying to destroy it. I just knew the glass/plastic would come apart like other clearos had but no it didnt. I waited for it to leak and dump like i was accustomed to having happen. But it never did.

The next thing i know I am vaping and not fiddling because i have to anymore. Hubby and I quit smoking and even moved on to trying rda and loving it. I still have and use the t3s i bought a couple mo ago as my main topper but because I have something i can vape and trust will work every time i can enjoy some fiddling for fun sake.

Just recently my husband thanked me for sticking with it and me never giving up because he feels so much better already. His energy is up, he's sleeping better and I'm thankful he snores much less. He normally has severe seasonal depression by now this time of year but he is not at all depressed in spite of stresses in our lives. I feel better too.

I saw great potential in ecigs back when I started and knew that with all the growing options one day it would work for me so i never gave up.with other methods like gum ect there is no new tech that may come out to make it better, no new formula. It is what it is and completely non customizable. not to mention they in no way satisfy what a smoker needs physically, mentally or in any way.

So for any new vapor i would like to say don't fret about quitting. when you hit the sweet spot it will just happen, just don't give up. It took me 3 years for tech to finally meet my needs but it did happen.

ShariR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Nashville, TN
Wonderful story about your journey. You have just helped so many people here by sharing that with all of us. Some people are lucky and can pick the right kit early on and just stop smoking. For many others it takes time and the right equipment. Sometimes the right time in your life too.

Congratulations, and I am truly happy that you and your husband stuck it out and it is working for you today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread