My take on Halo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wate2028

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2011
sc
I ordered the Halo tobacco sampler pack, I've spent a few days with all of them except Prime 15, letting it steep for a while because it smelled really nutty and I'm hoping that will calm down a bit.

Freedom juice and Torque 56 are right off the bat my favorites, in fact I think it may have ruined me for sweet flavors. I get a really clean refreshing flavor with just a hint of ginger on the exhale. With Torque I am reminded of the smell of a fresh pack of Camels mixed with a bit of toasted coconut maybe. As far as Freedom juice goes, to me it seems like a toned down version of Torque 56 with a bit more ginger and without the toasted coconut flavor.

The only thing I can really say about Capt. Jack and Tribeca is that they were kind of forgettable, still very clean, fresh juice. I'd like to have a bottle of each in my juice case but not something that I would make a special order for like I would the first two up there.

Finally we come to Smooth 8... remember this is just my opinion. This is by far, very far, the absolute worst juice I've ever tried. My first full-time job was in a cotton mill and there was this old man named Malcolm who wore tons of Brut or Old Spice and you could smell him 5 minutes after he walked by. It literally felt like I was vaping Malcolm, I filled a tank and headed to work figuring I could just tough it out. I ended up having to stop and by a pack of smokes before I got to work.

QusieQ

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 22, 2011
Terre Haute, IN
I'am also a big fan of Torque56, Freedom and like the Tribeca...I am over 2 years off analogs. Vaped a lot of flavors, and pretty much settled on these three.

2 years!! Congrats. I have been vaping on and off for over a year, but a week ago today I decided to get serious. I just ordered some samples from Halo and I'm looking forward to my package getting here. My local vendor is a great guy, but his liquids don't give me much of a throat hit and I think that is why I keep going back and forth. I really wanna quit analogs for good!! I'm hoping a new brand of juice will keep me satisfied and way from those analogs!!

MofoOntheGoGo

Nov 18, 2011
nj
Smooth8 was the first thing I ever vaped other than a disposeable.

I also threw it in the trash. Good thing I ordered more than one juice or else I might still be sucking those nasty ANALOGS.

I fell in love with the Halo Tiki Juice. It's like a fruity sweet piece of tobacco scented gum. It might be stimulating that part of my brain I burned in when I tried to quit smokes with the fruit flavored niccorette.

I've tried about 2 dozen juices now from about 6 diff sites, and have found a bunch a really like, but I keep coming back to that Tiki Juice. I use it as a base for a lot of things. I add menthol, or pins colada, or cherrey tobacco (the one from COV is money!) . I've even blended it with the butterscoth milkshake from ZombieJuice. Soooooo good I feel like the Tiki juice makes for a sweet and juicy base for a lot of tasty juices that otherwise taste "dry".

craighwk

ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2011
Denver
bpm.org
Tribeca is my favorite by far. If I run out and try other juices, I can't wait for my next bottle, like a security blanket. Their menthol flavors are nice, although I am not a big menthol person. Those who I've given some to love it.

Torque is good if you want no frills straight up tobacco. Prime15 is disgusting to me. The taste isn't horrible, but the smell is, and it completely ruins it for me.

Just ordered some of their new Apple flavor and I am looking forward to trying it.

Sa Da Tay

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Nov 4, 2011
Austin, Texas
My first impression of Freedom Juice was ::CEDAR:: to the point where I tasted little else.

Anyone else get that?

Ha, I don't know if it's the power of your suggestion, but after reading your post I coincidentally had just received/tried Freedom and can totally taste that flavor component. Another thing I noticed: I've seen references to "dry" vs "wet" vapes and never really could appreciate what they mean, but to me the Freedom has this "dry" feeling to it, unlike any other juice I've tried (including the other Halos).

Also, I think I may be the only person ever in this forum to actually like Smooth 8. :blush:

Vapenstein

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2010
My take on Halo is that they're the only vendor smart enough to make juice the Chinese way, and do it right. There is not one drop of off the shelf flavoring in any Halo juice. All of this stuff was cooked up in a lab with a flavoring chemist making these recipes for them. None of Halo's juice tastes like natural tobacco BUT, most if not all of their juice recreates some aspect of the experience we're trying to recreate. Halo juice also sets the high watermark for throat hit, and if you're like me and need big throat hit then there is already Halo juice in your rotation.

I have a huge amount of respect for Halo and their product. This is a smart company. They are not a cookie cutter supplier, doing the same thing everyone else is, and their juice is clean burning and satisfying. They are the one juice that I would never be without for my own personal use. I've vaped Halo for over a year, and they've been the only juices that I never get sick of.

glsec507

Nov 18, 2010
ohio
I personally like captain jack. They all have their own unique-ness to them. Cpt.Jack can be a bit overpowering sometimes so what I found to be a perfect solution is to combine it with freedom juice. Specifically, I drip so I drip one jack, one freedom then one more jack. Best of both worlds. And since halo juices taste is damn near impossible to get out of an atty without a full clean I don't have to drip freedom and jack each time. I just throw freedom in when te jack becomes a bit much again.

snowdog9

Apr 28, 2011
kirkland, wa
For TH I think torque 56 is great. Prime 15 has it too, although more of a lingering TH on exhale. I think it smells and tastes great but my wife complains bitterly.

Tiki juice was great...until I vaped too much one night and developed an aversion to it. I have the same relationship with tequila.

My bottle of midnight apple is showing more promise as the weeks go by.

billherbst

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2010
Columbia, Missouri
www.billherbst.com
I have to chime in again. Ah, Halo and their juices. LOL. Love 'em or hate 'em, with the reason for that extremely polarized white-or-black polarity division being Halo's "signature" undertone (which I believe to be the source of their "Halo Purity" propaganda/advertising schtick, although that's admittedly only my uninformed and unverified hunch.

Someone posted that the underflavor is bergamot. I had to google bergamot to find out what it was. Never tasted it. Little oranges? Whatever. As I posted above, I lean more toward the cedar club---meaning cedar as in Pine Sol.

More often, however, I characterize that underflavor as bug spray, although I've never tasted bug spray, either. Nevertheless, bug spray conveys my negative feelings better than cedar. All the other flavors in Halo tobaccos are quite wonderful---it's just the bug spray that produces my scrunched-up face reaction. And one toke is all it takes.

But then, taste---as we all know so well---is subjective.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread