My take on IkenVapes HV306 ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rippspeed

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2010
A, A
Ok let me start off with this... I've always been a straight 801 man and when Isaac brought some mini's and semi's out I was excited... Enough to order 12 of them @ 2.5 and 3.5 to put them thru their paces... I ordered a few HV 306 for laughs and giggles... My love for the 801's was shooked a couple of days ago when my buddy JonnyMertz gave me a old LR 306 a try... But it didnt faulter...

Well, patiently; I waited for my package to arrived from Isaac. And when the mailman came and dropped it off; I furiously tore thru the package... Took out a 2.5Semi(which really was 3.0ohms) and put it thru its paces @ 3.7volts with a 18650 ( holding a charge @ 4.05volts unloaded) ... Its nice but made wish I had some 6volts to rock with it... And then tried the 3.5Semi (really was @ 4.5ohms) which I ordered for my brother in law... Took the 3.5ohms up to 7.4volts (8.35volts unloaded) which is my sweet spot for superhigh voltage, right around 12 to 16watts... I like to stay in that area of wattage; because of heat and flavor I get from the atty...

I then looked @ the 3pieces of HV306 and checked their resistance... They were exactly @ 4.5ohms ... Hooked them up to my GGTS with the 2 18650batteries ( @ 8.35volts unloaded ) primed the 306 just as I would an old carburated car. First 2 drops let it soak for a second and then add 5 more... Fired it up then BAAAAAAMMMMMM!!!! fell back as this little dinky atty shook my foundation right to its core... I was in blissful clouds of flavor and vapor... I had lost every inch of love for any carto, any atomizer... I fell in love and found my new religion... This HV306 from the mad scientist @ IkenVape had made me feel dirty. Just dirty!!! I felt like I cheated on my wife (the 801)...

Isaac has put his black magic on this little 306atty and have found itself a new follower... I suggest you dont try it unless you want your beliefs and love for your choice of atties be rocked thru...

I recently became a Registered Manufacturer and I thoroughly believe Isaac @ IkenVapes offers the best atomizers in the industry...

nough said..

Last edited:

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
I recently became a Registered Manufacturer and I thoroughly believe Isaac @ IkenVapes offers the best atomizers in the industry...

nough said..

I wholeheartedly agree, They are superior to any and all the industry has to offer.
-1-ribbon.gif

Rippspeed

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2010
A, A
Yes I called 'em the long lost gem. Are you sure wrt to resistance of the HV 306? All mine clock in at 3.5Ohms and I don't see a 4.5 one on his site. At 7.4 and 15.7-16 watts, yeah they will send you into next week :lol:

I'm pretty sure about the ohms ... Check it with a multimeter. Even if mine is a little off its close to 4.5ohms

Rippspeed

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2010
A, A
I think mine is miss marked. It just burns juice if I go above 4.2V. It has IKV HV etched on the side but is really harsh even at 4.5V. It vapes real nice at 4.2 though so that's where I'm using it.
I need a decent multimeter so I can meter these attys. Mine sux!

I just bought one of the multimeters that Isaac sells ... To replace my cheapo Habor Freight one

Vaporologist

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2010
Epic Journey
I just bought one of the multimeters that Isaac sells ... To replace my cheapo Habor Freight one

I didn't even know he sold them. I'll have to add one to my next order.

One of the DMMs I have has the offset of 0.6 ohm while one is only 0.1 ohm. Just set your DMM to the 200 ohm setting and touch the red and black leads together. Whatever number shows up, you need to deduct it from the reading you get when testing the atty. There could be a significant variance which can make you believe that the atty is 4.5 ohm while in reality it should be 3.5 ohm...

Rippspeed

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2010
A, A
One of the DMMs I have has the offset of 0.6 ohm while one is only 0.1 ohm. Just set your DMM to the 200 ohm setting and touch the red and black leads together. Whatever number shows up, you need to deduct it from the reading you get when testing the atty. There could be a significant variance which can make you believe that the atty is 4.5 ohm while in reality it should be 3.5 ohm...

I'll re-test when the DMM come in

MillDog

Nov 16, 2010
Indiana
I also love IKEN's 306 line... So far for me they have been bulletproof.. I have a homemade bottom feeder using a IKEN LR306 running of a single 14500 that I use at work everyday... Iken's 306 is a workhorse perfect for a heavy puffer like me....
I also have a couple of the HV306's that are way to harsh at 4.5v and up... Thats OK thou they work great at 3.7-4.2 and thats fine with me... maybe they will last longer?

atavanhalen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2010
Wolverine Lake, Michigan

I cant believe it, I was reading the first page and noticed your ohm ratings and I was going to ask if you had the little red cheap harbor freight multimeter because I have one of those and it literally added a full ohm to every atty I tested, the reason I know this is because I tested them with the cheap one and then with my electrician friends 400 dollar meter and mine was literally off by 1 ohm exactly on all of them. too funny!

mistinthewoods

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
Brooklyn, MI

This is good info. Thanks.
The meter I have was a $30.00 one from a home store and it doesn't even read resistance consistently. The numbers jump all over the place and are never remotely the same twice. Makes me wonder how accurate the voltage readings are.

Vaporologist

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2010
Epic Journey
This is good info. Thanks.
The meter I have was a $30.00 one from a home store and it doesn't even read resistance consistently. The numbers jump all over the place and are never remotely the same twice. Makes me wonder how accurate the voltage readings are.

I know what you mean, I had one like that where the reading was jumping all over the place and was inconsistent. I decided to go to Radio Shack and literally test seven different units before purchasing my last one which has the ohm offset of only 0.1 ohms. I'm sure you can imagine how much the sales person loved me, lol. In the end it really doesn't matter if the offset is even 1 full ohm as long as it's consistent so that you know how much to deduct from the final reading when testing your atties...

Rippspeed

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2010
A, A
I just recieved my multi-meter from Isaac and re-tested all my atties from Ikenvape and they were all spot on ... It was my faulty cheapo harbor frieght meter reading the ohms wrong...

The multi-meter I recieved from Isaac is off by .5 ohms and makes pretty much all the atties spot on ... On all claimed specs Isaac puts on them... But, I have to say the the HV306 gave up the fight... Its my fault didnt keep it wet enough and I killed it... But, it was rock solid @ 15watts ... I'm going to wait till my 6volts come in to try them again I only ordered 3 of them and now I'm down to 2; so I'm saving them for my 6volt batteries come in...

Once again Isaac puts out the best high volt atties out there, period!!! I have a 801 3.5ohm that I rock @ 7.4volts ( but I have to keep it filled with 8drops ) and its also a rock solid performer...

I guess next payday I have to load up on some HV306 unless he releases the XHV306 soon which I hope, he does...

p.s. Isaac if your reading this man... You ship fast brotha; I order the multi-meter on friday and got it today... awesome stuff brotha thanx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread