The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

My Take On Manual Batteries

Discussion in 'Standard E-Cigarette Reviews' started by STILLSMOK9, Sep 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. STILLSMOK9

STILLSMOK9 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

OK this is my 2cents on manual batts vs auto batts!! :confused:

I have a 510 and a 901. My 510 came with my a manual batt. My 901, which I have had way before my 510 came with an automatic batt. I really like what I have seen from my 510 manual batts in terms of vapor prod. and throat punch. At first I thought it was due primarily to the manual battery, but, recently I have acquired a manual batt for my 901. This has totally changed my opinion. Now, I do not think it is the battery that is providing the vapor prod. and throat punch, I think it is due to the ATOMIZER. The 510 atty is just far superior to the 901 atty. I have NOT noticed ANY improvement in VP or TH with a 901 manual battery.:(

Here is my take:

Manual Battery

Pros- no accidental firings due to environmental factors(however they can get stuck):nah:, better control of vapor, ability to preheat atty(good for burning of excess juice in moderation)

Cons- Inconvenience of pressing button, Accidental pressings of button ie. burn hole in pocket or body parts) :evil:

Automatic Battery

Pros- Ease of use(no buttons) :D

Cons- Accidental environmental misfirings(sound, battery sticking on and damaging atty:nah:

BOTTOM LINE: The ATTY is what makes the DIFFERENCE!! IMHO

2. annah

annah Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 14, 2009
    Virginia Beach
    Glad to see your opinion. I only have a manual 901, and was curious if the battery made a difference. I'm waiting on a newly ordered 510 though, and will hope that I see better vapor with it.

3. STILLSMOK9

STILLSMOK9 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

The 510 atty will blow you away!

Almost too much at times! ;-)

4. jj2

jj2 Moved On ECF Veteran

May 30, 2009
    Hundred Acre Wood
    I like having both auto and manual around. My auto, the DSE102, I use when I play cards, because I don't want to have to deal with pushing a button while I am.
    I use the manual all other times. It's a NicoStick and I built it for the 901 because I hated the starter kit from the get-go.
    I think both parts are inadequate, but the attys, and I have 7 of them, do work faily well on the NicoStick.

5. SquirrilahFish

SquirrilahFish Super Member ECF Veteran

Aug 5, 2009
    Honolulu
    IMO my man batteries work way better than my autos in my 510, mostly because the draw is more consistent. the 510 autos aren't as sensitive as other batts, so i dont have a lot of trouble with misfire, but you have to keep that constant pressure to get a good draw
    also I dont feel safe dripping with an auto bat, the juice will gunk up the switch and then ur SOL
    I mostly use my auto when im: cooking cleaning, playing xbox, (also) playing cards, general hands free stuff, but only with carts, never drip on an auto batt IMO

6. Jim Davis

Jim Davis Vaping Master ECF Veteran

It's just a matter of user preference. I have both, and I use both. They all work, and I'm vaping. You only have to please yourself. Buy what you like best.

7. smkgdfrnt1952

smkgdfrnt1952 Full Member

Oct 13, 2009
    CA, USA
    I agree with stillsmok9, the atty makes more difference than the battery in terms of vapor production. I have a DSE801 pen-style, auto batts, a rn4081 auto-batts (my first) and my new Joye510, manual batts. From the first puff the 510 hooked me. Yes the charging times are fast (one hour average for full charge, and you need to top off often, that is because you use up the juice the more vapor you produce. For going out I use my 801 because the cart is so big it's good for many hours, but in the house I am using the 510 exclusively. The button takes a short while to adjust to, but it works so much better than the autos, no primer puffs needed, and the resultant throat hit is strong, but I like it that way. If you want less vapor, just puff more lightly and shorter. IMHO, the 510 is the bomb. I love it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.