Not open for further replies.

7sixtwo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2013
the hinterlands
Hi all,

So, I've been using my Tesla for a few months, and it'd always worked just as it should, and I'd been very happy with it.

However, a few days ago, out of the blue, my Tesla suddenly stopped working, in the middle of vaping from an Evod. I've always taken good care of it, haven't spilled anything on it or dropped it, but now it just says "Short" and will not work with any topper, (tried some brand new cartos and clearos to confirm this).

Does anyone have suggestions on how to troubleshoot and fix this issue? I cleaned the drip well and center pin area and that made no difference.

TIA for any assistance.

WarHawk-AVG

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
H-Town
Have you tried seeing if the center pin is pushed down too far? I know it can get pushed down just like eGo's

I know it seems silly for an APV to do this...but it is possible

It either keeps the new heads from firing or it is possible to short it out

It even looks like the Tesla has a "elevated" center pin which means that some off brands heads with a center pin could push it down (that rubber gasket can get crushed causing a short)

TESLA-003.png

Best solution I can come up with because it doesn't make sense and the center pin seems to be the weakest link in the whole 510 connection type design

Last edited:

7sixtwo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2013
the hinterlands
I don't believe that it could be "pushed in too far", as the center pin on a Tesla is spring loaded, (and the spring is still working).

Still, something like that must be causing this.. cause I can get it to work, (sort of), if I just barely screw on an Evod, nowhere near as tight as you normally would, just barely on there. Still, even this way it doesn't seem to be working properly.. more than a couple seconds firing, (on a fairly low power setting that's always worked fine before this issue came up), and it's "burnt" tasting.

7sixtwo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2013
the hinterlands
I wonder if that center pin spins, wire soldered to it twists around, gets tight and bumps up the outer shell solder joint?

Short of taking it apart...just spitballin' here....wish I could help more man

I think you may be on to something there. The center pin does spin around freely. I think maybe it's been turned clockwise a little bit every time I've screwed a topper in place.

Maybe I should try to see if I can "back it off" to solve the problem. The top part of the Tesla is press-fit in place, so I don't really have easy internal acess.

WarHawk-AVG

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
H-Town
I think you may be on to something there. The center pin does spin around freely. I think maybe it's been turned clockwise a little bit every time I've screwed a topper in place.

Maybe I should try to see if I can "back it off" to solve the problem. The top part of the Tesla is press-fit in place, so I don't really have easy internal acess.
Well if it's like eGo toppers, it just takes some wiggling to get it loose (NOT for the feint of heart [same goes for the Vamo V3, press fit...bleh])

jascom

Oct 29, 2012
KS United States
7sixtwo
Same problem. I have owned two Tesla's since they first came out. I have had this problem for almost all of that time. I can be vaping along fine and then all of a sudden I will get a short signal. Take the clearomizer off and put it on another device and it works great. Sometimes I will add an adapter and it will work, other times not. I have also tried not tightening down my clearomizers or tanks just as you have and sometimes that works and other times it will not. Or , again, for a while. I have wondered if the pin gets bent over to the side and is making contact with more than just the pin of the atomizer? The pins in both my Tesla's seem extremely weak laterally. If you have found a solution I would appreciate hearing about it.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Center pin has a wire attached to it.
Wire has developed an exposed spot
When pin drops, wire is contacting Body - SHORT

You could try turning the pun counter clock several times to twist/shorten the wire and cause it to miss the body.

If you get it working, install an adapter,(510/ego) Ugly, but functional. Leave the adapter in place to prevent further damage.

Center pin has a wire attached to it.
Wire has developed an exposed spot
When pin drops, wire is contacting Body - SHORT

You could try turning the pun counter clock several times to twist/shorten the wire and cause it to miss the body.

If you get it working, install an adapter,(510/ego) Ugly, but functional. Leave the adapter in place to prevent further damage.

thats genius... good idea... sadly it still didn't solve the problem for me...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread