my thread was moved to a subforum

Status
Not open for further replies.

stefania123

ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2013
Los Angeles
you know, again my :2c: but since its been moved to subforum, less help and replies.. what is the point of such things if no one can find them/ read them/ reply to them. if i hadnt posted this to general in the first place (i didnt know the subforum it got moved to existed) no one would seen it or replied to it.. so?whats the point of this futility?

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
Moving 'new' threads is a major ECF pet peeve of mine; especially if the thread has active participation. Then there are those periodic 'house keeping' sweeps that also buries interesting threads.

I do wish there was at least a 72 hour 'grace period' for active threads.

OK, now awaiting this one to get moved... 3, 2, ...
Waiting.gif

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
you know, again my :2c: but since its been moved to subforum, less help and replies.. what is the point of such things if no one can find them/ read them/ reply to them. if i hadnt posted this to general in the first place (i didnt know the subforum it got moved to existed) no one would seen it or replied to it.. so?whats the point of this futility?

I believe the rationale of moving a certain topic to a "more appropriate" sub-forum is to get more specific answers to an specific question, rather than leaving it in a more general category.

For instance, if you ask a question about cartotanks, moving the thread to the tank subforum is likely to give you more specific information about cartotanks by the people most likely to know about them as those people tend to check those sub-forums on a frequent basis. So, in theory you'll get more qualified answers to a specific question.

And as pointed out, should you lose track of a post that you either started, or made a comment in, just check your profile page for "Find latest started threads" or "Find latest posts".

LoriP1702

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member

I'm really new here, so maybe shouldn't comment, but I completely agree with you!! :thumb:

I could see moving it once it becomes inactive and maybe falls 15 to 20 pages out, but if it's active, and still on topic for the most part, I think they should leave it.

Caridwen

ECF Moderator
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2011

We have over 13,000 posts per day. We have subforums to keep the forum organized and because members ask for them. Most of the reports we receive from members involve people posting in the wrong forum and asking us to move them.

Take a few moments and see if there is a specific forum for you question.

It's very simple to find your post. Hit "What's New" on the top left. Hit "My Posts" Voila!

You don't think we actually enjoy moving posts, do you? It's time consuming when people post in the wrong place.

BTW, this belongs in Site Feedback and Help as it's in no way related to vaping.

Last edited:

LoriP1702

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
We have over 13,000 posts per day. We have subforums to keep the forum organized and because members ask for them. Most of the reports we receive from members involve people posting in the wrong forum and asking us to move them.

That makes sense. Wow, I had no idea the number of posts per day. Wow. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread