My Turn for a GLV

Status
Not open for further replies.

FreakyStylie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2010
The Internet
OK, I'm sold. I've been sold, but I've attempted a couple of contests . . . and lost. I am looking at getting a 5v.

Now I just have a few questions about batteries because I just don't quite get it all.

batteries . . . if I were to use only batteries now, I would use 2-3 900mAh eGo batts per day. (I actually pick up a new battery before the previous one drains because they seem to lose "kick" well before they die.)

How many (of which) batteries should I have for the GLV to keep me going?
IMR16340? CR123? Why? Safety?

Also, will I expect a similarity with what I'm getting on my 5v PT? I find that I like the standard 510 attys/cartos on this just for the fact that the vapor feels warmer. I flippin' LOVE the E2, with the heat being right there!

Will there be any left next month, LOL?

badmemory

ECF Veteran
Sep 22, 2010
SouthEast Wisconsin
I use 2 sets of aw 16340 protected batteries in my glv2 I have to sets that I rotate. When using stacked batteries in a mod It will pull more juice from the first battery than the second battery, so I rotate them as well. I have my batteriers labeled a1,a2 and b1,b2.

When I change my batteries, I start a1,a2, b1,b2, a2,a1, b2,b1, that way they will both age at the same rate.

FreakyStylie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2010
The Internet
I use 2 sets of aw 16340 protected batteries in my glv2 I have to sets that I rotate. When using stacked batteries in a mod It will pull more juice from the first battery than the second battery, so I rotate them as well. I have my batteriers labeled a1,a2 and b1,b2.

When I change my batteries, I start a1,a2, b1,b2, a2,a1, b2,b1, that way they will both age at the same rate.

I've seen the numbering thing before, I'll have to remember that.

I use 3 sets per day.Sometimes 4.

Are you on the button all day? I think I sleep vape sometimes, so I might need 4 sets. :laugh:

Raechel

ECF Veteran
Dec 19, 2009
Louisville, KY
I used to use 2-3 Ego batteries a day (3 on days I vaped a LOT). I have two sets of protected CR123A lithium batteries that GLV sells. Some days if I put in the batteries at 6am I don't put the next set in til 6am the next morning. If I am home or with friends sometimes I use 2 sets in 24 hrs. I would say two sets will do you fine.

Parky50

ECF Veteran
Jan 5, 2010
Colorado Springs, Colorado
I used to use 2-3 Ego batteries a day (3 on days I vaped a LOT). I have two sets of protected CR123A lithium batteries that GLV sells. Some days if I put in the batteries at 6am I don't put the next set in til 6am the next morning. If I am home or with friends sometimes I use 2 sets in 24 hrs. I would say two sets will do you fine.

^^^ X 2.... two sets of CR123A's should last you a solid 24 hrs

except keyzygirl... that's got to be an expection

FreakyStylie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2010
The Internet
Thanks for all the input! I probably will be on the safe side, and order more batteries. If I end up not using all of them, then the extras can be my stock. I learned my lesson about battery life from the get-go with the xhale that I started with. The only reason that I smoked was because the battery was dead, so I have a spare of everything - even the juices I like the best.

So, the CR123s are good for the power then? I haven't done a lot of in-depth research on the batteries, but I've seen debates over the output of them vs IMR batteries. The only reason that I'm asking is that I'm looking for as much consistency as possible. Like I said, I would change the batteries on the eGo before they went dead because I could tell they were losing power, and that's not fun.

Plus, like Brutus said . . . charging . . . are there chargers that will stop charging when they reach full charge, or is it still generally accepted as a good idea not to leave batteries charging unattended?

James Hart

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2010
toms_river.nj.us
www.myselfalone.com
Like I said, I would change the batteries on the eGo before they went dead because I could tell they were losing power, and that's not fun.

That is why I ditched the Vaporking/V4L stuff. They were great for 8 to 10 drags, so so for 1/2 a day then completely unsatisfying. I did a lot of reading and thinking before going for 16340 based mods. I don't have a GLV-2 yet (but just ran my ordering intent past the wife and she gave the go ahead)... but have and use a single 16340 at a time mod with 9 batteries in rotation. I have 4x IMR 350mah 3.7v, 3x 880mah 3.6v and 2x 880mah 3.7v. I'm not sure I can tell the difference between any of them. I *think* the IMR hit smoother but die a little quicker. I run 2.4ohm cartos.

RippleInStillWater

Supplier's Manufacturer - Offline
ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2010
Land Of Corruption
Get the caps painted also -- here's my collection, I like the look of Little Red and the Purple Monster more than the Nebulinator:

DSC00030.JPG

I rotate constantly, probably 5-6 hours/pair AW ICR123 750mAh, but I am a chain vaper of low-nic juices. I hope that helps!:):):)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread