My V2 Switch Mod!

Status
Not open for further replies.

chev327fox

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 17, 2010
Nowheresville, ME
Wow, I just put in a switch that I bought at Radio Shack. I originally bought the switches for my Laser mod I am making but it came with two so I figured I would try if it was close. It wasn't just close it was almost perfect. I only had to take out a little plastic where the button usually goes, so the regular button can be put back in with no trouble and in no time at all. Also all I had to do was bend the contacts on the bottom of the new switch outwards and slide them snugly into the little area (that was made when I did "My Switch Fix/Solution) between each of the post and the plastic they are in.

Woo, 6 volts is almost too much. I couldn't even get a choker hardly off from 5v but now that I put the switch on there and it's at 6v I can hardly handle 16mg juice. So needless to say I love it. I don't think I need to say it never mis-fire with this switch, but then again after I fixed my mechanical one it never mis-fired either. Here's some pictures, I know the V2 itself doesn't look great right now because I'm in the middle of sanding it smooth and polishing it into a mirror finish. Also I have a custom drip tip on there (made out of a pen grip and a smaller cartridge that I cut for the inside) until I finally get my T-Yip shor-tay in the mail.

EDIT: Wow, just noticed that the atty gets WAY hotter WAY sooner. I have never felt an atty this hot. Of coarse I was probebly too excited and vaped a little overboard. Oops...

Here it is:

108bepx.jpg

Inside workings...

s3370p.jpg

Top view.

2hqxjs4.jpg

Top/side view.

Hope you guys like it... what do you think?

chev327fox

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 17, 2010
Nowheresville, ME
The easiest way to explain it is for you to look at this post. This helps explain how it fit in so easily.

My Switch Solution/Fix

Here is another useful thread about the V2 and the adapter problem, I fixed this as well, If anyone want an explanation on how let me know.

My atty problem.

Last edited:

chev327fox

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 17, 2010
Nowheresville, ME
You did a nice job. Looks great now too..

Thanks... I thought it was a good idea!! Also it was way cheaper to buy a $1.50 switch from radio shack then to buy a whole switch upgrade from PS to get 6volts out of my baby. Those pictures up there are from before it was polished... looks much better now!!

16a1mbm.jpg

Last edited:

chev327fox

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 17, 2010
Nowheresville, ME
Is this the switch?

SPST 0.5-Amp Momentary Switch (2-Pack) - RadioShack.com

0.5A does inspire confidence.

Yes this is the same switch... it's only a tiny bit bigger then the V2 button hole, all you have to do is drill it out one size up. Even after you make the hole a little bigger the old button will still work if you wanted to switch them out (it wiggles a little but you would never know).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread