My Vamo Version 3 gun metal is turning silver

Status
Not open for further replies.

z00te

Sep 2, 2013
United States
I just sent back a Vamo #2 because of the faulty 510 connector then purchased the Vamo #3 gun metal with the refund. now i have tell him I’m returning the Vamo #3 again all within a month, i have camo tape from paintball i wrapped my old Vamo # 2 when the chrome rubbed off it and it looks great. i will use your advise xtwosm0kesx and go with a stainless steel model, thanks Guys.

WarHawk-AVG

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
H-Town
Have you contacted the place of purchase considering you just got it?
I don't think "It looks like crap" is a valid reason for exchange

All finishes wear eventually...even nice shiny chrome ones, they get nicks, fingerprints the finish literally wears off

A week however...daggum...see if they will exchange it...wow

Not a bonus for the Vamo huh? Darn

Last edited:

SirSteve

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 10, 2012
Northern Indiana
The Black Chrome finish wearing off has been a known issue for quite awhile. I think that the wrap is probably the best idea, although you would think the finish would last longer than a week. My Vamo V2 is Black Chrome and it still looks great after 10 months, China Q.C. leaves a lot to be desired.

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
Are you sure that's a V3? I have had a V3 for two months and the finish is like new, even though I drop it into a 7/8" drilled hole in my mod stand, knock it around on the desk or counter, etc. It has minor nicks and a tiny scratch here and there, but the finish is holding up well.

Also, underneath my gunmetal black chrome plating is the brass the thing is made of. I only know this because I used an awl to "mod" the mod by removing the plating on the little round inset thingamajigs on the top cap.

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread