My vape pen is firing on it's own!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaLouLou

Jun 26, 2017
I have a smok Vape Pen Plus that fires when sitting on the table! It has leaked juice around the firing button from the day I got it. I contacted he seller, they said I needed to tighten up the coil. Did that even using a vice grips. It still poured juice around the button. Needless to say, I am sure this has caused the misfiring. Now my question is, how dangerous can this be? I keep it off and it still fires occasionally!! Do I need to just trash it? Please help. I have only had it maybe 3 months,but only been using maybe a month if that.

Reactions: BrotherBob

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
I have a Smok Vape Pen Plus that fires when sitting on the table! It has leaked juice around the firing button from the day I got it. I contacted he seller, they said I needed to tighten up the coil. Did that even using a vice grips. It still poured juice around the button. Needless to say, I am sure this has caused the misfiring. Now my question is, how dangerous can this be? I keep it off and it still fires occasionally!! Do I need to just trash it? Please help. I have only had it maybe 3 months,but only been using maybe a month if that.

Definitely trash it after removing your atty, but please do so in a safe manner for battery disposal - and quickly.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Depending on where you live, some vape shops will recycle batteries (and I hope to holy goodness that they are doing so, not rewrapping them with some fancy house wrappers...) Radio shack will, some cellular places will take them, and so will places like Home Depot and Lowes, etc. Even though it's a vape battery, any place that will recycle batteries will probably accept them. I'm thinking an Office Depot might as well, but I'm not entirely sure on that one...

Sorry about your setup, hopefully you are still under the warranty period. Mods firing on their own are very dangerous, you don't want to use them. You'll need a new mod or stick, but you may want to say more about how you were using the tank, as if the tank is leaking for reasons other than the mod, you wouldn't want to have the same thing happen with your replacement. You should never have to tighten a tank that hard, usually finger tight or slightly more in some setups (but finger tight is usually enough). Is the seller an online seller or did you buy in person? Either way, I'd be asking for a warranty if it is still in the warranty period.

Best of luck, if you are planning on continuing using the tank, do post about what/why/when leakage happened, to see if we can trouble shoot. It sounds like it may've been a *connection* issue, and that is often the mod, but I'm not 100% clear on what was happening to cause the leaks, and until you know, it may be hard to use the tank.

Your other option would be to warranty the setup if it came together, and try a different setup entirely, there are some good options, pico makes some good starter setups, as well as many other brands, and you'll be able to find a tube type mod if that is what you want.

Best of luck!

Anna

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
I have a Smok Vape Pen Plus that fires when sitting on the table! It has leaked juice around the firing button from the day I got it. I contacted he seller, they said I needed to tighten up the coil. Did that even using a vice grips. It still poured juice around the button. Needless to say, I am sure this has caused the misfiring. Now my question is, how dangerous can this be? I keep it off and it still fires occasionally!! Do I need to just trash it? Please help. I have only had it maybe 3 months,but only been using maybe a month if that.
Some vape equipment manufactures have better success than others. I would follow the advice given and give up on Smok.
Might want to look into:
Joye Unimax 25 Starter Kit
Kanger SUBOX Mini-C Starter Kit

Xbbjlv7

Moved On
Sep 22, 2017
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: New identity of previously banned member
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread