etchie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2013
Winter Springs, FL, USA
vape Royalty
and the Poldiac saga

http://i.imgur.com/fHFcdNL.jpg

This has come up a couple times in different threads and I said I would write about this as soon as it was resolved. I kind of failed because this was resolved about 3 days ago. :)

I was in the market for a new mod and I had my eyes set on Vape Royalty, mostly because I can't afford genuine mods and it appeared that all their clones were high quality. Mostly hcigar and EHPro. I ended up ordering the Poldiac. They shipped the same day I ordered and it got here 2 or 3 days later. I threw a battery in and got quite the powerful experience! For a few dripping sessions. Then it just stopped firing.

There was an issue mentioned in the forums not long ago about the Poldiac being pulled from their site, and this was within a week of me getting mine. I don't know anything about this situation, but it's worth mentioning because throughout this process, it helps to know that they had no way of sending me a new Poldiac.

I took apart the switch and found that the magnet on the switch had fallen off. Not a problem. I just super glued it back on. It worked again, but for less than an AGA-T2 tankful. I checked all the connections, took it apart again, everything seemed to be fine.

I contacted Vape royalty and they asked me what I had tried to fix it and then asked me to make a small video to show them what was going on. This is the important part. I feel like a lot of people would think this was desperate attempt to not have to return something. I was down with it because I love to tinker. The only thing I could show them (which didn't end up being the problem) was that I had put a small o-ring underneath the contact that touches the atomizer so that it would maintain contact (it's not reverse threaded like the original).

I showed them the video and got an immediate response. They wanted me to try one more thing. The switch has a groove that the contacts run along and sometimes it's too slim or becomes too slim when enough heat is involved, and it gets blocked. I was asked to file it wider. BAM! Worked like a charm!

Here's why I'm coming back to these guys without hesitation: I picked what I picked, because that's what I wanted. Sure, when I thought it wasn't going to work out, of course I started perusing their site for a replacement. When it all comes down to it though, I already chose the Poldiac over whatever else I was looking at. They didn't allow me to give up so easily on something I had already decided I wanted. When they asked me to try that last thing (that worked), they said that if that didn't work then they would begin the return process. They just didn't need to. They made sure I really did get exactly what I wanted.

I waited a day to respond because I wanted to use it all day to make sure it continued to work. This thing doesn't quit. Once I was sure this fix was a sure thing, I sent them this last email:

The support I've gotten with you guys has been incredible. Not only have the people I've emailed be knowledgeable with mods, they were knowledgeable about this particular mod. That blows me away. So I made another video to let you know where we are in this process.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_T3c9J8PpHBY0RSS0oyTFMtaU0/edit?usp=sharing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread