MY very first home brew...my thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoonRequiem

Oct 25, 2008
Washington, USA
Well

Here's how I did it.

1. Took about 10g (which I had to convert from Ounces, as I live in the US and the package was listed in ounces) of tobacco...which equated to about 1/2 cup - and simmered in 2cups of distilled water for about 45 mins.

2. Removed from heat - strained using 4x coffee filters TWICE.

3. Reduced until I reached about 1/10 or so of a cup.

4. Strained Once more using one coffee filter.

5. Mixed 1/1 with NOW Brand VG - purchased it at a local health food store.

RESULT?!

A nice product I would say for home brew. Dark brown (particulates I assume) and smooth with a nice little throat hit. Feels not too much different from the other e liquids I've used. We'll see how it goes in the long run.

MoonRequiem

MoonRequiem

Oct 25, 2008
Washington, USA
The tobacco I used is from a local native american tribe which claims they use no additives in their tobacco. I believe that all of the carcinogens from tobacco are from BURNED tobacco, not cooked like I'm using.

But, here's an update:

Used my homebrew liquid all last night...was CRAVING cigarettes :(. Pretty sure were looking at a low low low amount of nicotine here, as I was using low nic level e juice before this. And really, unless you like the taste of raw smoking tobacco in your mouth (not the taste of burnt tobacco, like when you smoke an analog cigarette), then this method is not for you. I added some PG based vanilla flavoring, and it still tasted nasty.

I think I'm going to leave the e juice up to the professionals from now on.

PS. For those of you who haven't tried using VG...it tastes and smells like lotion LOL

;)8-o

Better luck next time I suppose

PeteMcArthur

ECF Veteran
Sep 27, 2008
Scotland
moon does that tobacco you used have all the additives regular cig tobacco has? Where would you get clean no carciniogens tobacco?

I'm sure the additives do no good at all, but the main carcinogens come from burning tobacco as Moon said (or any other herbal preparation:)). The most obvious source of unadulterated tobacco is snus. Or you could try growing your own, more popular than you think here in the land of the incredibly high tobacco duty !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread