My Virginia from Seedman's Flavor Enhancer

Status
Not open for further replies.

a2dcovert

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2009
Louisiana
I have been very successful at reproducing a good tasting Virginia. I ordered from seedmans.com the TOB500 Virginia Fire Cured Flavor Enhancer. The label on the bottle states:

"Contains Natural and Aromatic Flavorings, water, Propylene glycol USP (humectant/preservative), distilled water"

I have used it to enhance the flavor of commercial Virginia nic juice after cutting it from 36mg to 24mg using VG by adding 10% of the flavoring. It is almost a perfect match to the uncut liquid.

I then decided to see if I could produce the Virginia nic liquid using unflavored nic juice. What I came up with to me tastes better than the original. Here is the recipe:

12 ml 36mg unflavored nic juice
4 ml VG
3 ml virginia flavor
1 ml Everclear PGA 90%

This is my first scratch recipe so I may vary it over time. I know some adjustments are needed as it tastes slightly better at 5 volts. But as your tastes may vary this may only be a starting place for you.

I think I am going to buy some of the honey sold at seedmans that Dan likes. This may add to the flavor in a positive way. Try it and see what you think.

Kevin

Scubabatdan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2009
Dothan, AL
I have been very successful at reproducing a good tasting Virginia. I ordered from seedmans.com the TOB500 Virginia Fire Cured Flavor Enhancer. The label on the bottle states:

"Contains Natural and Aromatic Flavorings, water, Propylene glycol USP (humectant/preservative), distilled water"

I have used it to enhance the flavor of commercial Virginia nic juice after cutting it from 36mg to 24mg using VG by adding 10% of the flavoring. It is almost a perfect match to the uncut liquid.

I then decided to see if I could produce the Virginia nic liquid using unflavored nic juice. What I came up with to me tastes better than the original. Here is the recipe:

12 ml 36mg unflavored nic juice
4 ml VG
3 ml virginia flavor
1 ml Everclear PGA 90%

This is my first scratch recipe so I may vary it over time. I know some adjustments are needed as it tastes slightly better at 5 volts. But as your tastes may vary this may only be a starting place for you.

I think I am going to buy some of the honey sold at seedmans that Dan likes. This may add to the flavor in a positive way. Try it and see what you think.

Kevin

GUESS WHAT I GOT IN FROM SEEDMANS! :)

Ok here is my recipe for you to try:

8.5ml unflavored ejuice with 20% VG base (18mg)
1ml Virginia Fire Cured (Seedman)
.5ml Rum Flavor (Seedman)
2 drops tobacco absolute dilute (2 drops tobacco absolute to 10ml everclear)

Wonderful full body flavor and vape!! Wow awesome....

I call it Virginia Rum Fire Cured!
Dan

smonomo

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2009
USA, Northeast.
GUESS WHAT I GOT IN FROM SEEDMANS! :)

Ok here is my recipe for you to try:

8.5ml unflavored ejuice with 20% VG base (18mg)
1ml Virginia Fire Cured (Seedman)
.5ml Rum Flavor (Seedman)
2 drops tobacco absolute dilute (2 drops tobacco absolute to 10ml everclear)

Wonderful full body flavor and vape!! Wow awesome....

I call it Virginia Rum Fire Cured!
Dan
Dan,

I'm not clear on the tobacco absolute - Are you making a mix of 2 drops of tobacco absolute to 10ml of everclear and then adding 2 drops of that mix to the recipe?

Scubabatdan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2009
Dothan, AL
Dan,

I'm not clear on the tobacco absolute - Are you making a mix of 2 drops of tobacco absolute to 10ml of everclear and then adding 2 drops of that mix to the recipe?

That is correct, I also add 1/4 of a teaspoon of the Ethyl Maltol to the 2 drops of TA and everclear in the 10ml bottle.
Dan

smonomo

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2009
USA, Northeast.
I have some Loranns caramel and english toffee, but to be honest I'm not crazy about it, seems like too much vanilla.

It might be just me, but I'm not detecting much of a caramel taste in RY4, more of just a sugary flavor among other things that I can't put my finger on.

I thought perhaps Ethyl maltol is used in RY4. I have some honey on order from Seedmans, and I think I'd better get some Loranns cotton candy and see where it all takes me.

WillyB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2009
USA

"Contains Natural and Aromatic Flavorings, water, Propylene glycol USP (humectant/preservative), distilled water"...
Are you using:

TOB500A Pre-mixed 2 ounce bottle of flavoring in Plastic Misting/Spray Bottle

Scubabatdan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2009
Dothan, AL
Thanks.

How does it compare to the [FONT=arial, helvetica][FONT=arial, helvetica]Perfumers product you linked to? Concentrate sounds better than [/FONT][/FONT]Pre-mixed misting/Spray Bottle.

There is a very different taste. The Absolute at the perfumist site has a more earthy tone to it, where as the commercial tobacco from seadmans taste like more traditional processed ciggies. So I suppose it is up to your flavor. I personally use both in my blends, I use 1ml of seedmans commercial top note with 4 drops of the diluted absolute to 10ml of ejuice.
Hope this helps.
Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread