My visit to Stormy's in Macon...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sjglenn

Sep 11, 2013
Macon ga
I went in with a minimal understanding of vaping.
I left with a better understanding of vaping, met some great folks and picked up a starter kit of TS3...
I can't put the damn thing down. It's awesome!!
Leaps and bounds ahead of the Halo G6 I've been using...
Thanks again for the good deals, the discussion and for introducing me to a new way to vape!
They are very knowlegeable at Stormy's, and will not sell you anything that you won't enjoy...I'm convinced!!!

As the terminator said...

I'll be back.

yardbyrd

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2012
Carrollton, Georgia USA
Thanks guys, I appreciate the vote of confidence! :)

An unusual, bluish, flying object is gliding down from above. It is plumed, beaked, and an avian; it is YardByrd! His ever faithful Realm traveling perch appears on the floor of the 'My Visit To Stormy's in Macon....:" thread and he lights on it gingerly. A platinum "YB" medallion, around his neck, starts to glow a pronounced Peach color, and as it pulses you can hear a deep, smooth, male, Latin, voice translating his utterances:

"Hail and greetings Sjglenn! Lauds to SVC's new B&M here in Macon. I have been by there, twice, so far and like the store very much. It is clean, there is a water cooler, and coffee serving area, that is located right by the juice bar! I found a good selection of vaping gear displayed clearly along with its pricing, helpful personnel, and a relaxing atmosphere. I placed my order on-line and then went by the store for pick up and it was very smooth. You can bet that this Byrd will be frequenting there to support Macon's first true Vape shop. I also am thankful for its existence. Take care and maybe, one day, we will meet each other at this cordial locale. CAW!"

YardByrd levitates straight up off his perch, which just fades out of existence after he leaves it, and spreading his wings wide he turns his head sideways, and stretching his open taloned legs out wide, looks very much like a Russian Icon of a Firebird. Then, with another, pronounced, but not TOO loud, "CAW!" he dips his beak, like he is pecking the air. Once; twice: and on the third peck he vanishes instantly.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
It can be expensive to have a vaping candy store so close to your house! I went in to check out Stormy's new store and walked out $146 lighter!

The store is a great place with some really nice people that are glad to help you. I thoroughly enjoyed my visit and was thrilled to be able to handle and try all the mods in person. They have a large assortment of advanced mods to choose from. I've been a Provari snob for a long time, but walked out with a Siglei Zmax in SS and it's working really well.

One of my favorite sections of the store was the juice bar. They have all their juices loaded into Vivi Nova tanks and there's a candy jar full of black plastic drip tips with a set of tongs so that you can retrieve one to try juices. You just move the drip tip from Vivi Nova to Vivi Nova until you find the juice you really like. My two favorites were Cloud 9 and Caramel, which is kind of like a plain tobacco with RY4 hints and low to medium TH (I need to go back and try more of them).

Caroline says there will be vape meets periodically and that's a good way to meet people in the community who vape. I've vaped for 3 1/2 years and hardly ever run into other vapers, even when I vape in restaurants. I do have people walk up and show interest in vaping. They all say that they've heard about it, but never actually saw one in person. I give them a Stormy's card that I keep in my wallet.

Last edited:

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Wish I could visit their B&M never been disappointed with anything I have ordered from them. :vapor:

Online browsing is great, but the walk-in aspect of a B&M store can be addictive. It's almost like the years when there were Radio Shack stores all over. I rarely walked into one without finding something I couldn't leave without. :) During the 70s when I was learning to breadboard digital IC chips, I always had to buy the newest ones every time. It's kind of like that with vaping hardware and especially when you can try all the juices before you buy.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I was there. The radio remote evidently drew in more people. It was busy and I met vapers from the Macon area that I didn't know existed, including some ECF members. I'll plan to be back for the Vape Meet next Friday night, too.

My visits to Stormy's are getting expensive, though. I'm like a kid in a candy store. Yesterday, I picked up a Kanger Evod in SS to match my new SS Segelei Zmax V3. I can't seem to stop. For years, an Ego and a Provari and cartos were just fine. Then, there was the Vivi Nova, the Protank. and other atomizer variations. Now, there's a place to see and touch in person. It's addictive! There's too much candy in that store! ... Not!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread