AngeNZ

ShutterBug
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    No such thing as too many ;)

I've bought 3 new mods over the last month - and judging by shinyitis thread standards - that's pretty low :rolleyes:

My way of thinking is twofold: your favourite mod at sometime will be discontinued - so buy it while you can.

And if you don't have gear you love using - cigarette smoking becomes more appealing.

Baditude

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
    "Too many" to me would be if you are purchasing additional mods at the expense of neglecting other items that your family may want or need. That's the practical answer.

Are you a hobbyist or collector? I've seen members here who literally have hundreds of mods in their collection. They are collectors, they are not collecting mods for the purpose of having "backups for their backups". Some people spend hundreds/thousands of dollars on artwork, vacations, clothing, cars, guitars, etc. Seems excessive to me, but who am I to judge how other folks spend their hard earned money?

I have over a dozen mods myself. All collected over a 6 year period of time. Most of those have been "retired" as their usefullness has been surpassed by a couple of favorite mods, but they still hold some sentimental value to me. I could easily get by with just two mods.

Last edited:

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 11, 2013
    Sugar Hill, Georgia
    How is she with shoes, purses, cookware, etc? ;)
    Funny you say that...my wife gave me grief ONCE about mods.... I tossed all of her shoes in a couple garbage bags. Apparently we both made a big mistake at the same time. Shortest argument ever. :w00t:

Zaryk

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 25, 2018
    Ohio
    I own 11 (soon to be 12 as I just ordered a new mod), but only use 2 regularly. My wife owns 4, but use 2 regularly.

I guess too many would be up to the individual. If you are collecting then the sky is the limit. But if you plan to use them all, then upkeep and usefulness come into play.

Vapin'Bolt

ECF Veteran
    Jun 22, 2018
    United Kingdom
    vapinbolt.weebly.com
    I own 11 (soon to be 12 as I just ordered a new mod), but only use 2 regularly. My wife owns 4, but use 2 regularly.

I guess too many would be up to the individual. If you are collecting then the sky is the limit. But if you plan to use them all, then upkeep and usefulness come into play.

Ooooo which mod?

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 21, 2015
    Arkansas Ozarks
    I reckon three hundred and sixty-seven is too many... but only by one ;):D

That said, I have one dual-battery mod, one single battery mod and a mech-mod.

I have more of a problem finding something worthwhile to buy.
    Oh, good... I don't have too many yet...

Sent from my LG-H931 using Tapatalk

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread