Nail polish remover smell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cahdek

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2013
Sacramento, CA
So... my girlfriend, in all her wisdom, decided to do her nails with her V2 stainless battery sitting right on the counter. Immediately, it tasted like nail polish remover so I trashed the freshly filled cartomizer but the smell didnt go away. It got soaked into the battery material!

I soaked the connecter end in ISO but the whole frickin battery still smells. ISO on a rag wipe down cleaned all the oils off the battery, but alas, the smell remains.

Any ideas? Will it go away after a while or do I need to get some nastier chemicals like PGA or worse?

AgentAnia

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2013
Orbiting Sirius B
What you're smelling is acetone. I'd suggest setting it outside or near an open window, but would caution about setting it in direct sunlight, as I've read that that can overheat the battery. Another option is to put it in a plastic bag with either coffee grounds or baking soda, both of which are good odor absorbers, as is the charcoal Zipslack recommends. If your battery isn't sealed, maybe cover the connector end to be sure nothing gets down into the battery housing.

Cahdek

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2013
Sacramento, CA
Yeah. It was just nearby (as in right in front of her). It acrylic powder stuff on it and she must have dropped some of that ammonia nail polish stuff on it.

Im gonna try the charcoal trick. Its good at pulling odors out. Appreciate the suggestions. Its been really hot here so being out in the sun on a 115º day is more or less outta the question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread