Name of this battery type?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strawberries

Mar 17, 2014
I currently have an Evod VV. It's okay, but too long and skinny for my taste - a little awkward to look at and hold.

I'm looking at the larger Kanger protanks (currently own a mini, don't necessarily need a kanger though) and I want a battery with a thicker diameter than what I currently have. I don't want it to look small compared to the larger clearomizers.

Also, I wouldn't mind upgrading functionality if possible, without getting into (edit) mechanicals. I'm a newbie and I'm not ready to sub ohm nor do I want to do anything risky.

Is there a name for the type of battery I'm looking for? Maybe just something a step up from the Evod VV? I like the idea of something a bit more wide around, whatever the length. I don't mind spending extra cash on something nice.

Last edited:

Margate69

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Reactions: Strawberries

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
Just about all the older style tube mods are 22 mm same as most tanks, seigalie zmax the sid. And several others

In the end mods offer much more practicality then disposable units.

Sid

download-4.jpg

Provari mini

images-7.jpg

Strawberries

Mar 17, 2014
Mod is a pretty generic term that covers most PVs except cig-a-likes. I believe you are thinking of a mechanical, which is a type of mod.

You want something that is VV, and as wide as a large tank?

Aspire Atlantis Sub-Ohm Premium Starter kit, 4 different colors! – CJVapors

Or smaller?

Yeah, that's the size I want!

And yeah, I must be thinking of "mechanical", I've been confused by the term "mod" (total newbie here).

Main thing is, I don't think I'm ready for sub ohming yet (for safety reasons)...

Last edited:

Margate69

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Well, the Aspire Subohm and Ego One are both sub ohm ready, they do come with 1.0+ ohm coils as well. They are no more complex than any other pre made coil tank, but they are not adjustable. They are basically mechaical, but have a regulator that a mechanical would not have. The VZ Vamo V6 is adjustable and around the same size from the looks of it, but doesn't come with a tank, you'll have to choose one.

Reactions: Strawberries

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
I currently have an Evod VV. It's okay, but too long and skinny for my taste - a little awkward to look at and hold.

I'm looking at the larger Kanger protanks (currently own a mini, don't necessarily need a kanger though) and I want a battery with a thicker diameter than what I currently have. I don't want it to look small compared to the larger clearomizers.

Also, I wouldn't mind upgrading functionality if possible, without getting into (edit) mechanicals. I'm a newbie and I'm not ready to sub ohm nor do I want to do anything risky.

Is there a name for the type of battery I'm looking for? Maybe just something a step up from the Evod VV? I like the idea of something a bit more wide around, whatever the length. I don't mind spending extra cash on something nice.

The next step up would be something like and istick.
The next step up after that would be an 18650 replaceable battery mod.
an 18650 replaceable battery mod uses an 18mm diameter by 65mm length replaceable battery.
Nowadays there are a wide variety of these mods, both tube and box shaped.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread