Name the pod mods you have tossed

Status
Not open for further replies.

2buildawall

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Bellingham
I have yet to find a pod mod that works for me. We have a lot of best of lists. How about the pods you have tossed? The worst of the pods.

I will start with the eleaf icare 2: the replaceable coils do not last very long and the spit back made me give up on it. Garbage canned.

#2 I am sure will be no surprise to anyone. The smok Priv One AIO. Need I say more?

I am going to get either with the Aspire Breeze 2 or the new nautilus.

Anyone else have throw away pod mods?

smoked25years

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2018
One man's garbage is another man's gold. Some pod mods receive a mix of love and hate. The $1 Myblu kits are an example. I LOVE it. Others hate it. It's not perfect but I appreciate the pods that can be completely disassembled/washed/rewicked, the fast 20 minute charging 350 mah battery, and (of course) the $1 price tag. I've paid a LOT more from other companies and got a lot less.

The only pod mods that I've given up on are the Suorin Ishare and VooPoo Panda. I haven't literally thrown them away but I don't use them. The basic design of the Suorin Ishare is great. But the performance is terrible. I hope that Suorin takes the same ideas and builds something better. The Voopoo Panda pods leak after a day or two. They need to redesign the silicone seal at the bottom of the pods. I still haven't received my warranty replacement (requested months ago) but the service representative says the replacements will have the same leaks. Unfortunately, they seem to have no interest in fixing the problem.

EverythingEvil

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2014
Grand Junction, Co
I haven't had to throw out any of the pod systems I've bought so far, but I didn't exactly jump on the wagon early. Ive had pretty good success with the My.Blu, though I have lost two of them somehow or another. I also have a Suorin Drop, which I am enjoying so far but its a bit early to say how long it will last. The My.Blue is pretty durable for how cheap they are, I had one that fell off of a roof and several ladders that was working great up until it was lost or stolen or whatever happened to it.

Fredman1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2017
New Zealand
I tossed the Minifit. Gave it to friend and he loves it, but he don't know much about vaping.
Love the Aspire spryte and Innokin EQ. Still in two minds about the SPMO.
Got the Aspire AIO coming and that'll do me for a while...until a revolutionary one comes along I guess :D

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2015
Garland,TX
The iCare was my only pod. Same experience as the OP.
Nearly went for the new Aspire Spryte. Then realized I already had that PLUS VV. Pulled out my old Aspire clearos with BVC coils, dusted off my 650 mAh Evod VV batteries and voila. I'm a happy podder as far as I'm concerned.

IMG_20180827_080555.jpg

SnapDragon NY

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2017
The worst one I have tried is the Fundamental Particle- what a piece of junk! Good thing I won that and didn't spend any money on it! Burnt horrible dry hits and the fire button is almost in the same place as the pod ejector-
feels well made, but awful to use.Holds about 1ml of liquid. Pure garbage!
ap-g-rev-seti-g-rev-ba-lang-kitleri-kartu.jpg

My hubby loves the Joyetech Penguin, he is on his 2nd one, pods are cheap and easy to fill . Works well for him.
I just won the Mowell Shake Pod and hubby is loving that one a lot! More MTL than the Penguin and super slim and small, fits in his pocket easier, no button to push. My hubby likes super simple and these pod mods are simple to use.
I just ordered the Lost Vape Orion DNA pod mod for myself. I hope I get that tomorrow and have high hopes for the Orion!

2buildawall

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Bellingham
Great posts so far! Ok, I haven't literally tossed them in the garbage but I am done trying to get them to work.
Two minifits tossed. Foggyroad, I am currently using an Aspire Nautilus tank on an Eleaf 40W mod. Some of the old gear was great gear.
I haven't seen the Shake. Keep me posted please on how it holds up.

My Batt Hurts

ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2017
UK
I use the Infinix least because it has the loosest draw and shortest battery life. The Nautilus and Spryte AIOs are rather nice, and I like the minifit because it's so small. The Vladdin's alright.

But an iStick with a half decent tank can show them all how it's done.

Rangertrix

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2013
Collinsville, OK
The iCare was my only pod. Same experience as the OP.
Nearly went for the new Aspire Spryte. Then realized I already had that PLUS VV. Pulled out my old Aspire clearos with BVC coils, dusted off my 650 mAh Evod VV batteries and voila. I'm a happy podder as far as I'm concerned.

View attachment 767401

I cleaned and rewicked 2 MyBlu pods and when I went digging through old stuff for 32g wire to replace the coil in one, I found a SubVod with a Toptank Nano.
It's now my stealth/beater and the MyBlus are fixing to get new homes.
This might change when my Orion gets here though.

Sadly, I could get only 1, not 4. :rolleyes:

:pervy:

Last edited:

newyork13

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
western Massachusetts
Good question, OP. Thanks for the new thread.
Kandypens Feather, myJet both no longer used for several reasons.
Juul and Myle will be unused when I finish off the pods.
What to do with these batteries and empty pods? I hate dumping them cause they still work, but?
Vladdin is ok, but a not a longterm keeper.
Not addressing your question, but a counterpoint:
Aspire Breeze 2 and Nauti AIO are both very nice and definite keepers.
My newly arrived Lost Vape Orion so far super. Vapes great and I love looking at it and holding it. Like a tiny Provari.

smoked25years

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2018
I view most vape stuff as disposable, especially AIO devices since the batteries have a finite life.

Good question, OP. Thanks for the new thread.
Kandypens Feather, myJet both no longer used for several reasons.
Juul and Myle will be unused when I finish off the pods.
What to do with these batteries and empty pods? I hate dumping them cause they still work, but?
Vladdin is ok, but a not a longterm keeper.
Not addressing your question, but a counterpoint:
Aspire Breeze 2 and Nauti AIO are both very nice and definite keepers.
My newly arrived Lost Vape Orion so far super. Vapes great and I love looking at it and holding it. Like a tiny Provari.

Best Buy stores have a battery recycling kiosk at the entrance. I don't know if they accept AIO vape devices but it's worth asking.

newyork13

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
western Massachusetts
I view most vape stuff as disposable, especially AIO devices since the batteries have a finite life.

Best Buy stores have a battery recycling kiosk at the entrance. I don't know if they accept AIO vape devices but it's worth asking.
yes, I have a few spent batteries to go there.
But, the pod mods I'll never use again are still functional. I hate tossing or recycling stuff which still works, but which I don't like.
Wish there was a convenient place to donate, not dump/recycle.

Reactions: smoked25years

smoked25years

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2018
I'm only giving up on the Vapeccino Mate1 because I can't get the ceramic wick pods anymore. Back to the OG Breeze until I upgrade.

Over 100 packs of ceramic pods in stock at both VaporDNA and ECBlendflavors. Around $7 for a 2 pack.

Last edited:

Vapemesilly

ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2017
Nevada
I've tossed two.

First was the Vapecinno. At first I liked this unit but the pod life seemed not so great. After about a week it started getting bad and I wasn't using it a lot. I bought several packs of pods. The last pod I put in was fried. Nothing but burn hits straight out of the package. It annoyed me so I tossed it.

Second was the $1 My Blu. It just stopped working. Couldn't get it charge. Fussed with it a bit and tossed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread